Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Izayoi

Will highlight a few things.

• Izayoi's 2A is 9f startup so she may have a hard time poking you out of certain things
  • She doesn't have good defensive options so go wild on her when pressuring with wolf
  • Her only defensive option is phorizer which requires meter. You can sturm wolf it on reaction if you're in human mode.
  • When she's pressuring you they may be focusing on gaining stock, so you don't have to look out for much in terms of her mixup which isn't that good unless she's in gain arte mode.
  • She can tag you out of the air with 623B, or get you with 236C if you're running along the ground a lot.
  • She loses to Valk if she's in the air. Her air to air options aren't great.
  • Please remember she has a D teleport where she will get behind you. She can only do this in gain arte mode.

I mash 2A against those Izayois who like to use teleport mixup after blocked 236C/236B. It's not good at all.

623b has a pretty terrible hitbox so a lot of the time you can just fly in for free. It's not like Jin's which is basically a giant block of red in front of him, her 623b is only the actual slash itself. That means you can bait her out on it pretty easily for an easy big punish simply by getting as close as possible as quickly as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My friend is pretty good with 623B, but yeah it's still not that good if you're aware of it. When she's pressuring you (non-GA) and uses teleports you can often punish her, if she does retreat teleport 236A will hit her, if she does advancing or stationary teleport you can 2A on reaction. Watch out on punishing the advancing teleport when she's pressuring you though, if it's spaced correctly it'll confuse your character into thinking she crossed you up so your normals will come out the wrong way. If she does phorizer and you're in human you can also input 6A during super flash to clash with it, for wolf just use 7D during super flash and punish. Her non-GA j.C is actually hard for me to punish it is active for 6f. Oh yeah and her 2A is 8f according to the wiki, it's a good move but it's still slow for an A.