Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Litchi

Has anyone had any success in this matchup? i cannot find anything that has been helpful, this chick is all over me and i never get a chance to mount an offensive.

I don't mind the matchup when one of us is on the offense (although when you are on the defence you will blocking for a good while), but I hate the neutral game.

It feels like I'm playing cat and mouse, with the staff being a huge obstacle. I'm not talking about getting in on a grounded Litchi, I'm talking about when they're jumping around with her. I can't blame 'em, but dealing with 5D/j.D (whether she has the staff equipped or not) is annoying because it limits how I try to move. Most of the time I end up getting hit, and I think my anger point rises loool, because that's when I get impatient and I start to make mistakes. I'll need to go over the Valk/Litchi matches again in the video thread and see if I can come up with anything but as of now I don't have anything specific to give, sorry.

I don't have much success with beast cannons either, even though I very rarely use it.

Edit: Shiro appears to be playing the matchup correctly? Galileo (LI) vs Shiro (VK) | Part 2 | Part 3 Analyse this.

He doesn't rush to get in and seems to focus on getting around. He also uses 236A when he's in between Litchi and the staff.

One thing that Valk players must watch out for is the position of the staff and how it is Set.

For example :- If litchi does "2D" the staff flies across the floor / if she does "5D" the staff flies up and over.

Now those are the basic staff set patterns then there are the situations when litchi moves the staff Backwards or forwards.

Backwards being "4kote" and forward being "kote6"

If she moves the staff backwards and launches the staff - > it will move along the floor (Like 2D staff set)

If she moves it forward -> the staff goes the same way as "5D"

Depending on how the staff is launched - you could use the litchi's decision to your advantage.

For example - if the staff is set in 2D and runs across the ground when launched. if you are in wolf mode - you Could bounce over the staff and do I think its "6D 4C" i think

where you will be off the ground and high enough not to be hit by a 2D staff launch -> this allows you to wolf dash with 6D and and possible punish the litchi's run in. (IF they do)

this is just an example of how to use the litchi players choice in launching the staff.

I'll try to find examples because I play a good valk player who tends to dodge/ignore the staff (he hates the match up but deals with it well ¬_¬ )

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try to find examples because I play a good valk player who tends to dodge/ignore the staff (he hates the match up but deals with it well ¬_¬ )

You better stop this trolling.

*Clears Throat*

Ok one thing I should leave here in case people don't know what litchi's many moves lead to.

Here is something to keep in mind when fighting litchi.

When looking at her different D moves (which all set the staff down)

J.D, 6D, 2D, Itsuu B and C = if litchi launches the staff will run along the floor

4D, 5D, j.2D, DP, Itsuu A, = if she launches the staff it'll go up and over

*Keep in mind she can move the staff with 4kote kote6 whiles staffless*

If the staff moves Backwards - that means the staff will run along the floor.

If it moves forward - it will go up and over.

This is should help. Because the first thing everyone has to understand before fighting litchi is where the hell is that stick flying towards.

-EDITED- *Additional Info*

In terms of when litchi has the staff - if you dash around to much - they sometimes go for a 6b[m] - problem with this is , Wolf mode valk can run under it. So if you are at a certain distance from litchi whiles she has her staff and its an unsafe distance for her to put the staff down. You could do like a Wolf run back and fourth to see what the litchi will do. Obviously Jumping puts the litchi at a disadvantage because of Wolf 5B but she could J.D but if you dodge that - she is stuck in the air with no staff , and all she can do is respect your [w] 5b , if she wants to try J.C / J.B whiles dropping down - Wolf 5b will still win.

So there are ways to sort of force a litchi to either respect you or just stay a distance where the litchi knows that any wrong move can allow valk to get in.

In addition to being able to run under 6b[m] with wolf mode valk - if the litchi Dares to do 3C[m] or 2B[m] (lets be honest - it may not be safe but not all litchi's will play the match up by the book , even though there isn't even a book ..... but you get me.)

Wolf move 4D back dash in to 6D wolf dash forward will go over 2b[m] and 3c [m] and you can easily punish her. But this is very situational and your reactions as a valk player have to be slick (but if you're using valk.....you probably have the slick reactions down so yeah..... )

Looks like Kiba executed the plan very well vs sG ;) Atta Bwoi Kiba

#FinalRound17

I really didn't. I still got mixed up with the directions the staff will fly in, and I keep forgetting she still has a reversal without the staff. Those are important.

Thing is - its hella unsafe but since you forgot yeah... it can be a problem but now that you know. IT WON'T WORK FOR ME NOW HUH!? (not like I would try anyways)
But yeah. Seems like you just got hit by the things I dont' do to you cus i'm afraid that it won't work and i rather use my meter for DeadAngle or Something > RC > try to get to a safe position.

We'll get more games in - You still seem to have trouble vs her. and i think the V1.1 Patch will make this match up quite annoying , seeing as Valks willl be running low on W.Meter after doing basic combos. and mixup.

we'll see.