Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Noel

Is it reasonable to say that this is 7-3 in Valks favour because normal has to literally stick to the ground and also that wolf 5b and 5c kinda make the match yobs living nightmare for Noel's? The only thing they can get sometimes is a wake up distortion but other than that they have to respect Valks wolf normals Valks wolf mode beats her occasional 4D on wake up.

Also in terms of neutral I tend to see noels use 5b and 5c neutral to prevent valk from opening them up via wolf.

On the other hand, if valk gets knock down. Indeed it is a problem but if you do block the oncoming mix up , a possible steirn wolf or even block it till she pushes you out.

I agree with the fact that Valk got a big advantage here. I don't play that much against Noel players but I can tell you that I completely disagree with normal game sticking on the ground. Some air moves are really annoying to deal with. Her jC, jD and j4D beats pretty much anything wolf do on the ground. I tend to jump>wjA or air throw a lot in order to make the Noel player stop using those moves. Both options seems to fail against a well timed jC though because of the amount of active frames and the projectile property.

I don't really consider 5B and 5C to be a threat though. 2D if used carefully can stuff a lot of things in wolf mode too whether it is an attempt to get in or w5C. I know that this is really risky but I stopped counting how many times a w5A and w5C whiffed against 2D.

To be honest, I prefer to use human mode in this matchup. 5B is great against Noel. Same for 5C as long as you're not predictable with it.