Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Platinum

Against Platinum's counter you can use a spaced w5A > Backdash > then punish with wolf cannon. If you're too close when using w5A you'll get hit by the projectile.

I tend to play quite patient in neutral because 3C and Mami are quite strong against Valk, so spacing is important if youre looking to make mami whiff.

Her items:

Bat - Haven't found anything reliable to beat this. Just think of her as a character with a DP while you're pressuring her. It's pretty easy to use in neutral too. Example, she whiffs a 5B, and you make your way to punish but she uses the bat. Another reason why I'm patient punishing her while she has this.

Cat hammer - Pretty annoying to deal with, especially when upgraded. I try to avoid staying grounded while she has this, playing patient may not work against this. If she's in the air and you're not directly underneath her, there's a very high chance they'll use this. Look to try and meet her in the air with something like wj.66D.

Missles - You can wj.66D over this or simply high jump. You will have to do this if she releases all 3 at the same time. The missles are harder to react to when upgraded because it's faster and has a bigger hitbox.

Presents - Again you can't stay grounded while this is out, you'll have to wj.66D to activate them. It also disappears if Platinum is attack, something to note. The upgraded ones are even more problematic, not only in neutral, but if it's used against you in the corner, where it'll stop you from rolling, counter attacking (unless you use sturm), and if you try to escape. They also remain on the field even if Platinum is attacked.

The last 3 do a very good job in disrupting your neutral game. Match start Plats like to retreat and quickly acquire an item, and should that happen you need to use that opportunity to advance. Her items are RNG based but once she gets going it can be difficult to get around her shit.