Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Sengoku Basara X: Combos, strategy, discussion

this thread is for gameplay discussion only, i don't care if you already have the game. please keep it clean.

Japanese Basara X Wiki (currently rather empty):

http://fightadm.freehostia.com/basaraxwiki/index.php?FrontPage

NOTE: in combo notation, \/ = land, continue combo

Uesugi Kenshin (上杉謙信)

infinite: (thx to TGS @ #ggxx)

after any counter (214A, 214B, 421B), dashing taunt (yeah, taunt), until you are in the corner, 1 char width outside of corner,

[taunt x N] until 43+ hits are reached, 2BC, [j.C,j.B] x N

note: you can mash this part. either CBCBCB or C+B at the same time, whatever feels better.

Chains

5A-5A

5A-2A

5A-5B

5A-5C

2A-2A

2A-2B

2A-2C

j.A-A

j.A-B

j.A-C

Engun

4E,5E,6E

lvl 1 & 50: simple attack.

lvl 100: attack wall bounces. additionally, if you launch the opponent with 2BC during the wall bounce, he will not get launched high up in the air, the launch will be smaller.

hold E:

shuriken toss. only lvl 50+

lvl 50: 3 shurikens

lvl 100: ...more shurikens.

1E,2E,3E

uppercut type launcher. good untechable time. used in combos.

lvl1-100: no changes with levels as far as i can tell, only minor damage increase

Bread n Butters

j.C, \/, C, 236C, A or B

this combo can be seen quite often, and can be extened with engun, see below.

this combo is particularly important because j.C is very fast and has massive hit stun, it is quite easy to combo into land, C from many different angles and distances.

combo into 2C, 214C, jump cancel

the ice attack hits OTG, and since you can jump cancel this attack, you now have a frozen opponent and a free jump-in okizeme.

5C vs. airborne opponent, 236C, B

looks silly, but is actually a decent combo if you catch an opponent that is jumping around. a common situation is that you hit an airborne opp. with j.C, \/, then do this quick combo. Is techable but freezes.

standard air combo:

j.A x3-5,j.B, dj.A,C,623B

this is a normal air combo, not with 2BC.

counter BnB (AKA: oh no, infinite is banned on my tourney!)

214A/214B/421B, j.C, air dash cancel, wait as long as possible, j.C, \/, C,236C,(wait),B,air dash cancel, wait as long as possible, j.C, \/,C,236C,A.

works on everyone, but for Oichi, i recommend doing a 2C,236C,A in the end, since more often than not, you end up crossing her up in the corner, whiffing your C.

the alternate version of this combo (easier):

in the end after \/, do 2BC, j.C,B x N, j.2C.

problem: if you are in the corner at the end of the combo and the enemy uses quick recovery, you will recover at the same time, face to face. Also, no okizeme possible after this combo midscreen.

better combo, but not tested on everyone:

counter, d.C, d.C, d.C,236C,B, air dash, very late j.C,\/,C,236C,A

knockdown, 241 dam. vs. yuki, thats 10 more than the standard combo.

lvl 50 Engun BnB 13 hits, 236 damage, knockdown

requires: at least midscreen, no fullscreen, Engun lvl 50

C from far away, 236C,A, wait, 2E,2BC, j.B,j.C, air dash, [j.A,B,2C] <- during that combo push 2E, wait, falling j.C, \/, C,236C,A

notes for this combo:

- the last E should be input in such a way that the enemy does not get OTGed by it. however, you can still often pull the combo off normally even if the engun uppercut hit as an OTG, since the opponent cannot tech and bounces anyway.

- against potemkin dude & Keiji, the combo after the air dash is:

j.B,C,2C+E, wait, falling j.C, \/, C, 236C,A

-start with a jumping C & use lvl 100 engun and you have 274 damage!

also note, if you are too close to your opponent when doing 236C,A, you will end up BEHIND him - alter your combo accordingly.

combo can be seen here, at the 1:44 mark:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3635992

the 236C,B, 2E loop

any combo into [236C, B, 2E, cancel the B into j.C, \/, C] x2, 236C,B

relatively high damage (295 against yuki), relatively easy, but techable.

also, combo only against standing opponents

OMGWTFoverhead?

as seen on gamechariot:

lvl1:

instant j.C,wait,2E, cancel into j.C, \/, combo of your choice (5C, 236C,B, or 2BC, air combo, whatever)

lvl50+, the 236C,B 2E loop

instant j.C,wait,2E, cancel into j.C, \/, [C, 236C,B,2E, cancel the B into j.C,] x2, C,236C,B. techable, but high damage (300+)

- does not work on crouching oichi.

- hard vs. pirate, keiji, mouri, kenshin - do the instant j.C as early as possible.

same principle in a regular combo:

vs. standing opponent:

2A,2B,j.C+E at the same time, air dash cancel, turn around j.C, \/, C, 236C,A.

can also be extended with another engun.

Bonus info: pressing A+B+C+D in character select will give you a hidden color. also, they differ for p1 and p2. the p2 costume ONLY can be selected if both players select their colour with ABCD in a mirror match, at least for now. pirate dude's P1 color is particularly nice, i only checked kenshin and him though.

Nobunaga infinite

active souls (either by 214C or 214214C super hit),

then: any combo into 2B, [dash cancel, 2A,2B] until you reach the corner & 30 hits, then dash, 2A,5C, Engun, dashing 2BC, [j.C,B] x N

note: there is some controversy about this combo. nobunaga's souls attack him when there are any left once the gauge runs out. However, when i did this combo, they never attacked me, the meter simply disappeared. At that time i was out of the screen already (the j.C,B part).

Anyone know how to do Yukimura's wall combo(the one with fully charged 236A)? I saw it in some matches but the quality was a bit low so I couldn't really figure it out. It seems like you need your Engun to be atleast level 50 before you can do it though. Furthermore, any information on Oichi is welcome, too. I can do her simple combos and her shadow combos in the corner, but I have a hard time landing the shadow combo off normal mode > engun > transform etc.

Muu's mori throw bnb: Throw D 5b j.b j.c D 236b3 dash 5b j.b j.c D 236b3 land j.b j.c D 236b3 5b 623D 6c 623D 236b3 214c Sometimes he omits the 3rd rep, not sure why.

Hideyoshi throw infinite

ONLY WORKS AGAINST DATE AND NOBUNAGA

Hide is P1 and in his corner, enemy standing right in front of him:

2A,2B,236A, link 236A, link 236A, 236B, 2E the moment the enemy hits the wall, [2x 236A, 236B, 2E] x N

the combo works like this (aka. rules):

1. you need to do 236B before you are point blank in the corner.

2. you need to hit your enemy with 2E the moment he hits the other corner after 236B

3. you should delay the 2 x 236A until the enemy touches you from the bounceback, that way your engun has enough time to recharge.

Motochika.. I'm still figuring him out

2A>5A links up close

2A>2B beats on CH

6B forces crouch like Anji 5H

236A[4], has to be at max range & opponent crouching to pull-back properly

I typically end my 236A[4], with B, C, SJ, B, C. But I'm still developing combos. W/ Engens and tension.

2A & 2B are lows

6B is an overhead

2C is a normal :gonk:

Still haven't confirmed if J.2B/623A, C/B+C is overhead yet.

I need swap Magic badly.

motochika chains:

A-2A

A-B-C

A-B-6B-C -> nice. note that you have to be close for B,6B to combo.

A-B-2C

2A-2B (no combo)

2A-2C (no combo)

2B-2C (techable)

2B-5C - sets up juggles. late chain.

also, his 623B,B loops start with:

2B,5C, then 623B, B.

after that, no idea.

Motochika.. I'm still figuring him out

2A>5A links up close

2A>2B beats on CH

6B forces crouch like Anji 5H

236A[4], has to be at max range to pull-back properly

I typically end my 236A[4], with B, C, SJ, B, C. But I'm still developing combos. W/ Engens and tension.

2A & 2B are lows

6B is an overhead

2C is a normal :gonk:

Still haven't confirmed if J.2B/423A, C/B+C is overhead yet.

I need swap Magic badly.

A > B > 6B > C XX 236A > 4, A > B > C XX 623B > B

Motochika

6B is more damage than C

On standing (normal & tall) opponent A>J.A>J.C Beats.

I still need to look into an engen cancel follow-up...

Most likely: Engen Cancel>land B>6B> Engen cancel>66>B>6B>C>236A[4]...

Best low damage so far:

2B>6B>C...

lvl 50 Engun BnB 13 hits, 236 damage, knockdown

requires: at least midscreen, no fullscreen, Engun lvl 50

C from far away, 236C,A, wait, 2E,2BC, j.B,j.C, air dash, [j.A,B,2C] <- during that combo push 2E, wait, falling j.C, \/, C,236C,A

notes for this combo:

Regarding this combo,

I just can't connect the 2BC with jBjC the opponent seems to be too high for that.

Any tips AtTheGates? I think the key is when i connect the 2E, if I OTG I can't launch with 2BC and if it's too early 2BC will whiff. I still can't master the timing well but when I successfully connects it I'm not able to follow :S

Mouri infinite

tested vs. kenshin, taken off of a nico vid. still researching (i'm not entirely sure about some points)

setup:

corner: 5A,5A,6C[2],623E, 6C[1]+E as early as possible, cancel into 214214C,

then charge BC as early and fully as possible (until mouri flashes), release, then ?, tun around, E,

loop part is:

[7xA, B,6B?, crossing your enemy before the corner, then engun + BC has to hit at the same time] x N

Regarding this combo,

I just can't connect the 2BC with jBjC the opponent seems to be too high for that.

Any tips AtTheGates? I think the key is when i connect the 2E, if I OTG I can't launch with 2BC and if it's too early 2BC will whiff. I still can't master the timing well but when I successfully connects it I'm not able to follow :S

the timing is very hard, especially vs. for example hideyoshi. try to do the 2E as late as possible before it OTGs, and "roman" cancel as early as possible into 2BC (the moment your engun's uppercut hits, push 2BC). then jump and do j.B as early as possible. This is a really hard part.

as an alternative, you can do 2E,5C, 236C,B loops off of the 236B,A.

Yukimura basic combos: 1. A-B-C(2 hits)-6C(2 hits) xx 236A 236B 623B 2. (ground) 214C 66 A-B JC j.A-j.B-j.C xx 214C With enguns: 3. A-B-C(2 hits)-6C(2 hits) D 236A (charged) 236B 623B, will only work if engun is lvl 50+ 4. A-B-C(2 hits)-6C(2 hits) xx 236A 236B D j.A-j.B-j.C xx 214C 5. run up 2147C D j.A-j.B-j.C dj. j.b 214C 6. throw D air combo McArthur, where did you see that infinite?

Yukimura basic combos:

5. run up 2147C D j.A-j.B-j.C dj. j.b 214C

I don't think it's useful, since 2147C isn't an overhead..

6. throw 2D air combo

At the moment I try to achieve this level 50 engun combo:

.. 5b, 5c(2hits), 2c, 6c (1hit), D, 236A(charge and release after engun finishes the hits), 6, [2B+C, jABC2C]x3-4

You can watch it here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfPFwOIdcTw

I'm also searching for some damaging combos off 6B and 236B while hitting opponent in mid air/CH.

I think you can pull some juicy combos off that hit.

WOW awesome, I just found out you can do: Throw, D, 5b,5c[1hit] 236A charged-> loop

Date: Anti-Air CH 2B, 5C~6C~214C CH 236236C~Engun(NOT SUPER), 236236C IAD C,5C~2C~6C~214C~Engun, 5C~6C~236236C Still can't figure out a launch/combo starter that charges his 6BC long enough to do the corner semi-infinite.

Hanbei Takenaka

Aight this will be my last update for a while.

Semi-infinite with only one lvl 1 assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ309bLBWLk

Input

2A, 2B, 2C, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), land, 236A, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), land, 236A, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (1 hit), 2D, IAD cancel, j.C (2 hits), land, 2B+C, j.B, j.C, j.B, j.C ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwEaLuufUNM

Input:

IAD, j.B, j.C, (land) 5B, 2C, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), (land) 5B, 236C (3 hits), j.B,

j.C (2 hits), 214214C -> A, (land), B+C hold 6, 5A, 5B, 214 B, 2D, sj.A, sj.B, 214214C -> A, (land) 2B+C, j.B, J.C, j.B, j.C, j.B, j.C ..... (throwing in some j.A's actually keeps you with the character.. however with enough hits they can tech out of the j.A stun faster then you can repeat the combo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhIaFeLeUu8

Input::

2B, 2C, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), land, 236A (3 hits), 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), land, 5B, D, IAD j.C (2 hits), land, 236A (3 hits), 236C (2-3 hits), j.B, 214214C -> B, 2B+C, ...

Hanbei Takenaka

I might make a Takenaka guide, but for now, here is some basic combos

Basic combos - no assists - no specials:

2A, 2B, 2C, 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), j.623B = 12 hits, 199 damage

2A, 2B, 2C, 236A (3 hits), 236C (3 hits), j.B, j.C (2 hits), j.623B = 11-12 hits, 189 - 216 damage

214C, 5B, 5C, 236A (3 hits), 236C (3 hits), j.b, j.C (2 hits), j.623B = 13 hits, 251 damage

214C, 5B, 5C, 236C (3 hits), j.b, j.C, j.623B = 12 hits, 240 damage

in / into corner:

2A, 2B, 2C, 236C (3 hits), j.b, j.C (2 hits), land, 5B, 236C, j.B, j.C (2 hits), j.623B = 20 hits, 245 damage.

Notes:

*The best possible standing ground combo starter is 5B, 5C, 2C ...

*Removing 2A starter from these combos will add more damage..

*When adding air dash attacks before the combo, come in with j.B, j.C (1 hit), 5B, 2C...you can replace the 5B with 2B, but the timing is very strict for a little extra damage.

*Once you try these combos any other situational basic combos should be pretty self explanatory.

Motochika

His damage isn't amazing YET, but I always get corner KD and OKI around 160dmg

I finally figured out his Flame Kick recovery. It can be canceled with two directional inputs. So you can either do a jump in any direction or an airdash. Remember while doing a regular jump cancel it still takes two inputs so input 28 like a super jump. The last rule depends on what state you were in when starting the flame Kick. I.E. from ground or air.

When doing 623A~B from ground you haven't technically jumped so you aren't allowed to airdash yet. SO, if you do 2B, 6B, C, 623B~A, your only option is to jump cancel into an aerial attack.

NOW, with that being said, When doing 623A~B from air you have technically jumped so you are allowed to airdash or use your second jump to jump cancel. SO, if you do 2B, 6B, C, J.B, J.C, 623B~A, your two options are to jump cancel into an aerial attack or air dash into an aerial attack.

How to combo with Motochika. With what I've found out so far the IDEAL situation is to combo into your Chain, than into a grounded Flame Kick, jc, Aeriel attack, Flame Kick, Airdash, Aeriel attack, Flame Kick, Airdash, J.C for knockdown.

SO, let's address what needs to be done and the basic variables to make this work for ~160 damage low or overhead no tension.

1- Most important thing are delays in your attacks. Trust me when entering 623A~B you can put a HUGE delay between the A&B. Same with J.B, J.C string as you can put a HUGE delay in between J.B&J.C these delays can be used or neglected interchangeably, BUT, they are there to help the pick-up and spacing as every combo is able to work anywhere on the screen assuming you have the right delays.

2- The second rule is actually your first instruction about what NOT to do. The worst thing for Motochika to do is combo into a standing Flame Kick when opponent is in the corner. Don't do this. Rather, combo into J.B, Delay, J.C, 623A~B...

When going back to the IDEAL combo, i made it kind of vague by saying Aerial attack b/c which attack you can get is situational to the combo. For Example if done right I can get J.C or even J.B, J,C. BUT typically it's just a J.B. So, when I'm posting combo's keep in mind than the aerial attack before the Flame kick is situational.

BTW- ALL of Motochika BnB's give corner KD with a chance of cross-up oki.

Low combos @ corner

2B, 6B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Air dash J.C

2A, A, B, C, 214214C, 6B, C, J.B, Delay, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.C

2A, A, B, 6B, C, 236A[4], B, C, J.B, Delay, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.C (Big characters only)

Low combos @ mid screen

2B, 6B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Air dash J.C

2A, A, B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Air dash J.C

2A, A, B, 6B, C, 236A[4], B, C, J.B, Delay, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.C (Big characters only)

Overhead combos

J.C, Land, B, 6B, C, 236A[4], B, C, J.B, Delay, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.C

6B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Airdash J.C

Super on wake-up 214214C

214214C, 6B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Air dash J.C

Mid-Far Range

2B, C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Airdash J.C

C, 623A~B, SJ, J.B, J.C, 623A~B, Airdash, J.B, 623A~B, Airdash J.C

Mauri Motonari

first I'll just post a small review of each of his moves, as he's a little confusing when you first pick him up.

Normals:

5a: decently fast, gatlings into most of his other ground normals, nothing too special.

2a: His fastest low, but I would personally rather start with 2b as it is not much slower and will help keep you closer to the opponent when you are comboing.

5b: He just an uppercut motion with his rings, probably his best ground to air IMO. jump cancellable and gatlings into his c moves.

2b: Another fast low, best to lead off with as a low.

6b: Overhead that bounces opponent on hit, higher on CH such that you can air combo them. If you do not combo them it is still knockdown. With Engun you can do 6B>5D>air combo of choice.

5c: Launches on hit but not jump cancellable, making it not too useful by itself (opponent can tech the hit).

2c: Simple sweet/knockdown move. Gatling into this for easy ground knockdowns.

6c: A two hit move that knocks down on the second hit. while 5C>6C is a gatling, the second hit of 6c won't connect because the first hit of 6c on an airborne opponent will not leave enough time for the second hit to connect. 6c[1] and 6c[2] is the notation I'll use, representing the number of hits.

j.a: A very spammable, very good move. combos into both j.b and j.c.

j.b: Nothing special, just combo into this from j.a

j.c: a two hit move. first hit is a regular hit, and then the second one (a decent bit delayed from the first) will knock your opponent upwards with lots of untechable frames (much like I-no's j.D). Will knockdown if close enough to the ground (though not likely) or you can j.c [2] land>aircombo again. 2nd hit is also jump cancellable.

Specials:

ground or aerial 236a or b: Motonari sends a disc foward, closer to you if you use a and farther with b. When released, hold a direction and the disc will orient itself that way (vertical if 4 or 6, horzontal if 2 or 8, and diagonal for the others). The disc will hit opponents only if they are in hit stun. So, if you try using it by itself, it will create a floating disc that just sits there. However, you can hit opponents into it, allowing for creative combinations. More viably, you can combo into the disc (which usually gives you knockdown). Can be charged, in doing so you allow the disc to hit the opponent more times before it disappears (uncharged discs only hit once). While you can have two charged discs out for cool combo potential, it's unrealistic in matches since noone's going to let you charge discs like that.

623 a or b: Same thing as the other discs, except shoots them out diagonally upwards from you as opposed to straight ahead.

214 a b or c: creates a beam of light on the ground, the distance you do it at is dependant on which a b or c you use. You can have all of them out at once if you want. Basically it's a remote mine, because say you do 214c and then do it again, the light disappears and can hit the opponent. Will launch the opponent on hit, leaving enough untechable time to air combo. you can also combo into the light, ex.

2a>2b>5c>214c>aircombo

Since you need to set up the light before you can use it though, it isn't entirely practical.

Engun:

Taking an initial look at Motonari's Engun he seems pretty broken. He level's REALLY fast. You hit level 100 within like 20~25 seconds first round. Basically you have an army of pikeman that you can use repeatedly.

5d: Your best engun move, a pikeman charges forward, giving you great pressure and the ability to combo off of falling opponents.

623d: a pikeman comes out and Shoryu's, not good as a reversal but good for comboing certain ground strings as well as an anticipatory anti air.

421d: a pikeman falls from the sky; not particalarly useful but can combo off the pikeman shoryu with this.

214d or 236d: pikeman comes out and either lobs two fire arrows or shoots one arrow straight across.

22d: Pikeman comes out and plants something creating white mist. It lasts for about 5~8 seconds and you can hit 22c to teleport to it during that time. Not very useful.

Combos:

I haven't played a ton yet but here's a few I've seen and done:

2a>2b>2c - basic low into easy knockdown, can cancel the 2c to light or semi charged disc for oki or whatever.

j.a>j.b>j.c[1]>236a - small aircombo that will give knockdown if you're close enough to the ground. combo can be repeated with pikeman as such (works best in corner):

{ j.a>j.b>(5d)j.c[1]>236a>5d hits>5b } xN where N is number of pikeman used

-have not tested thoroughly but this seems to be the one that works best. Maybe omit the 5b and just do straight up j.a again.

j.a>j.c[2]>236a - Since the second hit of j.c floats your opponent quite a bit, you have to charge the 236a until the opponent falls parallel to where you are. gives your disc more charge then all the other discs you can combo into.

2b>6c>623d>j.a>j.b>j.c[1]>236a - does a ground low into a launched aircombo via your shoryu pikeman.

not a whole lot else I know of right now, though your ground throw and 6b with 5d. More to add later when I figure stuff out. feel free to help though.

Motochika

Pros

- Exceptional range, SOO much I would consider him a ranged character.

2B, 6B beats from SO far away

C, 623A~B beats almost anywhere on the screen

236A[4] does hit anywhere on the screen

J.B is super effective for air poking. Think of Johnny's J.S

- His enough mix-ups to keep opponent guess/watching

LOWS- 2A, 2B

Overheads- 6B, 2C, 623A~C, J.A, J.C

Throws- Can combo off throw with every engun

-Always give the perfect KD where opponent is almost in the corner and can still be crossed up.

Cons

-Damage. I seriously don't break 200 at the moment.

-No air throw, weak anti-air overall as J.A & 2B+C are your only options

-Need money to summon Engun

Game plan

First priority is getting Engun lvl 50 and buying guillotine ATAT. This means neglecting lvl 1 Engun and always combo into 226A[4] as it gives you money. Collect chest by Faultless defending underneath the parrot.

When you have guillotine ATAT but him between yourself and the opponent and poke with: 2B C 623A~B 236A[4]

Motochika

Alright guys. Here’s the broken update everyone is waiting for

-His B+C infinite/semi-infinite thingy

B+C, J.A, J.C, Air Dash, J.B, J.C, Air Dash, J.B, J.C, J.2B, From here you link a J.C, and it’s done (J.B, J.C)X N

-However, THIS makes me even more excited =P

By summoning an Engun after you win a round, the cut-off black screen prevents Motochika from losing $. LOLZ. Think of Grand Armor from FFXII.

It’s like this: Motochika combo’s someone to death and right before the screen fades to black summon your machine of choice for FREE. I was able to get 2 lvl 100 machines in 1 match. BROKE/CHEAP TRICK.

Kyle~

I was initially drawn to Moto. The coins, money, etc.....yeah. But nah he's prob not for me right now. All the Moto love here though. I figured everyone would be on "Baby Sol" or "Benimaru Kiske".

Do you guys know about Keiji? I've been figuring out a few combos, set-ups, but nothing using Engun, at least, nothing particularly effective or applicable I think.

keiji's actually not that bad

using his egun in combos is pretty easy

quick little combo 2A-2C-214A-*E*-5C-6C-5C-6C-214A

also near corner 2B-jB-jC-land-5C-6C-5C-214A-*E*-5A-214A

look at vids of kubo using him once you get the basic timing for his combos you open up to more shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ypiXjvWXE Kubo(keiji) vs Sarashi(yuki)

Mauri Motonari

ground or aerial 236a or b: Motonari sends a disc foward, closer to you if you use a and farther with b. When released, hold a direction and the disc will orient itself that way (vertical if 4 or 6, horzontal if 2 or 8, and diagonal for the others). The disc will hit opponents only if they are in hit stun. So, if you try using it by itself, it will create a floating disc that just sits there. However, you can hit opponents into it, allowing for creative combinations. More viably, you can combo into the disc (which usually gives you knockdown). Can be charged, in doing so you allow the disc to hit the opponent more times before it disappears (uncharged discs only hit once). While you can have two charged discs out for cool combo potential, it's unrealistic in matches since noone's going to let you charge discs like that.

214 a b or c: creates a beam of light on the ground, the distance you do it at is dependant on which a b or c you use. You can have all of them out at once if you want. Basically it's a remote mine, because say you do 214c and then do it again, the light disappears and can hit the opponent. Will launch the opponent on hit, leaving enough untechable time to air combo. you can also combo into the light, ex.

2a>2b>5c>214c>aircombo

Since you need to set up the light before you can use it though, it isn't entirely practical.

Ok Jack:

1. We'll talk about the first line of your post I bolded in person. It's something I don't really want to share to hardcore with the community yet.

2. Since this will get figured out anyway, Motonari's light on the ground in completely unblockable. The right combos will place the light on the ground, summon a pikeman at the same time, and give you a free combo. It even hits people out of shoryukens. It's entirely essential to his game, as it's one big fear beacon.

Characters I have learned a lot about:

Hideyoshi

Motonari

Honda

Kenshin

Oichi

So ask away about these characters and I will give you answers.

-Slymoogle out.