Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Sengoku Basara X: Combos, strategy, discussion

Yukimura

@ Hatred Edge

I play him a bit since this time wanted to go for an all-rounder as a character.

look here for matchvids:

http://de.youtube.com/user/kijounokuuronn

There's much more in the matchvids than what I collected here (who would have guessed), but I don't post stuff I haven't yet figured out in practice. So this is just very random stuff but enough to have an idea what to do in the first two hours of VS :P

Basic Combo:

2P,2P, 5B, 5C, 2C, 6C(2)*, 236A, 623B

obviously it works with any move into 2C

* In the corner you can go on with the flame snake super from here, then: (egun, air combo)

Basic Air Combo:

j.A, j.B, j.C, 214C

some launchers:

special overhead, 5B, 5C(2) JC, air combo

or

throw, 2Egun, air combo

Some other stuff:

2B CH, 236A:

Comboes as long as the 2B doesn't hit on maximum range. Should they block the 2B it still works as some kind of weak frame trap and it moves you a little bit forward.

236B:

This move has invincibility frames once it goes active. You can even go trough fireballs with it. I still haven't tested if it hits low, but from the versus matches it seems like it does :P.

Pressure & Oki:

Use 2P for tick throws and frame traps; 5C chains into 6B (overhead) or 2C (low and comboable). Since 6B has great range for an overhead you can play with distance after you made them block since the farer away you are the less they expect an overhead. 236C can be cancelled into from any move, but you have to trick them as it is slow and obvious; therefore the damage you get from it is great.

As oki you can jump right up with an j.A as early as possible, then come down with a different move or do a double jump and work from there.

Thanks Shoto. Problem I'm having is what are my poking tools with Yukimura. I'm use 2A and AA with 5B and I use the overheads for mixups but outside of that and from what I've seen in matches I've got nothing.

use tk214c for overhead and juggle combos after the 2nd hit of 5c string and tk214c is actualy combo with 5c + 100% safe on block btw 236b indeed hit low and his 2c has low profile property ... just like Sol :v:

I got it now. I saw it a combo vid Yukimaura using his Engun to setup for the 2B+C launcher. I went through about 30+ vids today all over the net. You know how that's done?

probably you're talking on basic gatling -> 236a,236b,5d,2b+c .... i'm not sure with engun level thought, the 2b+c must done as the last hit to connect as launcher

上杉 謙信 コンボムービー : ウインター ランド

Uesugi Kenshin combomovie: winterland

by AtTheGates

combos & setups & a feature nobody knows about.

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK1xvsOhDHU

filefront:

http://files.filefront.com/basarax+winterlandavi/;11754179;/fileinfo.html

enjoy.

don't forget you can airdash cancel in a 2BC combo, and you have j.2C as a finisher. also, if you do j.2C, you can do engun uppercut for a relaunch, even if the j.2C grounded the opp already. then again, oichi is probably not good with stuff like that.

its really sad to see how the scene of this game died after the console release :vbang:, dont you agree?

when the game isn't even that popular in japan you know it's done for I'm gonna play my brother next week maybe we'll put up some match vids. haven't played in quite a while

just to give anyone intrested in buying this game a heads up. both the normal and limited edition versions are on sale @ PA right now.

normal: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-2oml.html 39.99

limited: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-40-84-j-70-2ouh.html 59.99

rather good deal. the normal version was like 68.90 just a few days ago.

i just got this game, and i'm alittle lost as to what some of the stuff does. would anyone mind giving me a quick rundown of some of the system mechanics and what not?

Some mechanics? Most are similar to GG.

Quick wakeup / Delayed wakeup / Air blocking / Standard throw system / Air fwd, neut, back recovery... I'm sure I've missed heaps.

Engunl

- Levels up during the beginning of the match until you choose to summon it or it reaches level 100. (higher INITIAL level increases base Engun gauge)

- Levels up over time even when summoned at a reduced rate. This increases the recharge rate.

- Similar to MvC2 assist when activated during neutral

- Can be used to simultaneously recover from specials or normals.

- Can be used to burst. Decreases Engun level (by 30?) and temporarily locks it out (~20 secs estimate)

Lastly there is FD+IB which on a successful attempt does...

FULL

SCREEN

PUSHBACK

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::vbang:

(im wondering why I never see this on vid cause I spam this shit... too good)

Actually, since the game ended so fast I haven't tried it with a char other than my main (motochika) so I'm not 100% sure its a system mechanic.

I believe another versions of chars had shortcut special moves.

Game is over but I kinda liked it while it lasted.

i just got this game, and i'm alittle lost as to what some of the stuff does. would anyone mind giving me a quick rundown of some of the system mechanics and what not?

what do the "another" versions of the characters do?

http://basara.vsfclub.com/

The Japs forgave this game's sins. So should we.....

Prob old news, but SBX made it into SBO 2010 somehow.

Sengoku Basara X - Category B Game, Singles, 16 qualifying spots

5/1 Qualifier - Chargeman Takeshi (Toyotomi Hideyoshi)

5/15 Qualifier - Kashiramoji D (Mouri Motonari)

5/16 Qualifier - uei = kubin (Mouri Motonari)

5/23 Qualifier - saikyou nanashi shisan (Mouri Motonari)

5/30 Qualifier - Nihaha (Toyotomi Hideyoshi)

6/6 Qualifier - Tasuku (Honda Tadakatsu)

6/13 Qualifier - pizza kazu (Toyotomi Hideyoshi)

6/20 Qualifier - AMK (Chousokabe Motochika)

Good shit, Hecatom.

Can someone explain to me why there are levels constantly rising under the chars health bars?

Also, who's my sexy waifu with the weird summons and stuff?

EDIT- Ohhh, it's Oichi.

DOUBLE EDIT- Are there sprite rips for this game somewhere?