Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki vs Platinum

Wow nothing!

421D > 236D is useful to get past Platinum's standard presents, not sure about them when they're upgraded I think it could still pose a problem.

Platinum's charge counter has reallllllly long recovery. You can charge and retaliate with a full charge 22D FC! Alternatively you can run her to to corner (or near it) and then grab her. Remember it still loses to throws. You can also use 2A and then block the incoming attack in time and then punish her.

The game changes depending on the item she has too.

Bat - Well you'll just have to make sure your pressure doesn't have a lot of holes in it. It's easy to use the bat against j.214X / 236X in neutral too!

Cat hammer - Problematic, don't underestimate the range of this. When she has this you need to charge in short bursts or don't charge at all, especially if it's upgraded, the range is ridiculous, and it's an overhead. You can't really get around this in neutral.

Missles - 421D > 236D can get around this otherwise you'll have to resort to jumps to avoid it in neutral. The upgraded version is much faster so charging can be a real risk

Hammer - It guard breaks. The upgraded hammer is a full screen knockdown so again you can't abuse charging here.

Frying pan - just gives her another overhead which doesnt have too much effect on the matchup.

Some of her normals are actually kinda good too. 5B and 3C are typical normals for her to use.

Anyway this is minimal stuff.

Spending lots of time airborne can be a good way to survive the cat hammer. 

Thanks for the tip on how to beat her stupid counter. I had serious problems with it the other day, and couldn't figure out how to get more than a basic midscreen throw off baiting it.  The 2A trick (seems like 5A should work equally well) is priceless since it seems like you should be able to do 2A > Block > 6C >STUFFFFF.   Not sure how you'd time a 22D to hit her during recovery though. x.x

Baiting Platinum's "counter" can be done easier. Just use a move that is jump cancellable on block and hit her during the animation and immediately jump and hold back/block that pluche/stuffed toy, since her counter has no catch animation unlike hakumen's.

When do you mash during her pressure? I just can't find large enough holes where attacks can reach her because she always seems so damn far away. DP whiffs so often it is unbelievable.

Also when she is directly above you in the corner using Swallow Moon pressure with her godly j.B and your AA/DP can't hit her, what do you do? I have tried to air grab before but I get stuffed every single time. Should the DP be hitting her? I should just sit back and work on my defense huh.

I forget when I mash against Platinum. (Though you can mash after 6B now unless they're doing it from really far.) But I find that backdashing to reset to neutral works pretty well if they're a long way off, and it's easy to get them there with barrier.

I've never had problems with the DP not hitting when they're doing swallow moon nonsense in the corner.   Actually, I've had really GOOD success with the DP because they're always looking to do some sort of j.B/j.2C/do nothing > 2A mixup and the DP blows up all of it.   At least, if they're doing this on your wakeup.  If they're doing this as "pressure" from higher up you can just forward dash out.

What is the best way to approach a Platinum that likes to fly around and hang out in the air a lot using her airdash and swallow moon all the time? This is actually a problem I have a with a lot of characters. It seems like I have a significant disadvantage when the opponent is able to keep gravity from acting on them for extended periods of time when they are in the air or just make themselves fall slower. Bullet, Hazama, Amane, Rachel, Arakune, Mu-12 come to mind.

Get a life lead and sit on it.

If you're behind, you'll need to look for patterns in their movement and DP/2C/air throw them out of it.

Sit on the life lead and let Plat cycle through items and get her 19 frame overhead to stop you from being able to sit on the lifelead

How does one get this "life lead" you speak of?

What if you are in a situation where you don't have the lead? Is the game already over?

I so very rarely start off with momentum in this matchup because she is one of those characters that can beat out 22B on round start. Actually, that's another question I would like to ask. What should I be doing on round start assuming I have never fought the Platinum player before?

How does one get this "life lead" you speak of?

What if you are in a situation where you don't have the lead? Is the game already over?

I so very rarely start off with momentum in this matchup because she is one of those characters that can beat out 22B on round start. Actually, that's another question I would like to ask. What should I be doing on round start assuming I have never fought the Platinum player before?

I DID give advice for what to do if you don't have it too.  Is it a great situation to be in? No, but you've got some tools to use and you need to out play them.  It's not super huge in their favor because swallow moon is nowhere near as good as say, Hazama chains for playing the "screw you, come get me" game and the threat they can present from up there is usually pretty low, so you can pretty much just walk forward and see what they do.

Also, note that "sit on the life lead" is not the same thing as "sit around and let Platinum cycle all the items she wants."  But if does mean that you don't have to go flying after her and let her hit you.   Also, honestly? Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the matchup, but it seems like frying pan really isn't that scary because the places she can set it up in are all DP/Backdash bait since she needs to be pretty much on top of you to use it.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone is still starting matches with 22B;  It loses to way too much stuff, and a 3k or whatever combo on the rare chance that it hits isn't worth the risk.

Anyway, while I'm no expert, I like to start matches vs Platinum with IAD forward or superjump forward.  Because all the options she's LIKELY to do either give you the advantage (like if she tries to jump back or backdash to get an item) or at least don't leave you at a disadvantage.  The only stuff she has that blows this up is stuff she's unlikely to do at round start. (The only thing I can think of that wins here is raw heart car, and even that doesn't really result in that much damage.)  Most Platinum players like to fall back and try to get an item, so this lets you get pressure going.  If they press 5B or 3C at round start, odds are everyone misses and you're pretty much back at neutral.