Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion v.2 (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

I've been having the most ridiculously difficult time trying to land the hornet after forward throw>6A>IADjC i literally have not landed it once in like 4 hours of attempting it. is there a very specific time when to IAD? I feel like I may be air dashing too early or landing the jC too early so the opponent is too high to combo into hornet, but I haven't been able to get it to work. :c

any tips?

The timing is a bitch, I think. It's pretty hard to get it down consistently because you have to delay the J.C to a point where you're almost touching the ground, but you still get the J.C in. Do the 6A after the throw the fastest you can and just try delaying the J.C at different times until you get it right.

I've been having the most ridiculously difficult time trying to land the hornet after forward throw>6A>IADjC i literally have not landed it once in like 4 hours of attempting it. is there a very specific time when to IAD? I feel like I may be air dashing too early or landing the jC too early so the opponent is too high to combo into hornet, but I haven't been able to get it to work. :c

any tips?

That one was actually pretty hard for me at first too. The one thing I noticed was that you can't just wing it for the IAD, doing a literal IAD will make it easier or is necessary. Like some combos you could do 8>66 really quickly for an "IAD" and it'll work, but it seems like you need to do the correct input of "96".

Also like you mentioned you need to land the j.C "late" so that you are landing almost immediately after to go into Hornet.

So hit the 6A early so that you catch them high in the air and they'll bounce higher, do an immediate and proper IAD, and hopefully the j.C will hit low to the ground.

It might also help to watch the combo in slow motion which you can do by pressing the playback button after you go to view it (in challenge mode).

so it is the jC timing? I have been trying to vary the timing but it hasn't been working. I'll try for a little while more I guess. I may just give up for today

I do IADs by inputting 956, and I think I'm hitting j.C too early. I'll try it more. thanks

After forward throw press 6A as early as possible. This can be made easier by pressing 6A early and holding the button for a second, taking advantage of advanced input. Next you want to IAD (instant air dash) as soon afterwards as you can. You really should be using 956 as your input, as Zeth said. that means diagonal up counts as your first forward input and your jump, return neutral (5), and then 6 completes the dash as soon as possible. j.C needs to be inputted as close to the ground as possible, so that you can go into hornet sooner. After that, timing the 5A is easy.

Simply, 6A early, IAD, low j.C

I wont say that this is really easy stuff, but it's not hard once you've practiced it enough.

Yeah my problem is j.C close to the ground. I can't get that right. I always use 956. I'm more comfortable with that motion than 866. I'm sure I'll get it with practice. It's just really frustrating when I haven't gotten it to work in hours.

so i got the combo a few times, and if feels to me like the j.C depends on where you started the combo. I'm considering just giving up on getting this combo down because 9 hours in I can barely even land it consistently and the j.C timing seems to keep changing. I'm hoping its just me and the timing doesn't change.

I'd recommend just trying it a few times here and there. Every character has things that aren't easy right away, but can become simple over time. Stick to it!

Does the timing for the j.C change though? If it doesn't then I'll definitely practice until I get it.

It should never change midscreen, unless your 6A wallbounces early because of the corner.

Might I ask who you're practicing on? I know this doesn't work on rachel as an example.

I was doing it in challenge mode against Azrael, and training mode against Jin. Does it work against Platinum? I know a bunch of combos don't work on her either.

I was doing it in challenge mode against Azrael, and training mode against Jin. Does it work against Platinum? I know a bunch of combos don't work on her either.

nope. 5A wiffs after hornet. Same with Litchi, Rachel and Carl (I might have missed someone, I hope not). the 5A will land on Nu13, but the 236D will wiff unless you reach the corner at the end of your combo. On Plat, Rachel, Litchi, and Nu13, TC > 236D doesn't work midscreen. There might be others since I can't test on Kagura or Kokoneoe, but I've extensively practiced on the rest.

I plan on compiling all the information I can find on character specific combos paths, like which characters we can use IAD j.A > j.B on after TCL. Once I feel like it's complete enough, I'll post what I have. There's already some good information from jp players on the combo thread, but some of it is vague or I'm not sure about some of it. I think it mentions not being able to do TC > 236D on Rachel, Litchi, and Platinum, but doesn't Mention Nu13. Plus since we have new characters, it'd be good to confirm for sure what works on them.

By the way, like everything works on Terumi from what I can tell. Some stuff even seems easier on him for some reason.

Has anyone played with Unlimited Azrael yet? I'm wondering what his new Distortion and special moves inputs are, among other stuff. I know that all his D moves have the "weakpoint applied"-effect by default. Also 5BB doesn't exist? (I got to play with him a few matches in Abyss)

Has anybody completed Azrael's challenge 30 yet? I've been working on it and this is my best try (you have max OD, 100% heat and U/L-weakpoints + COM gives you Fatal, you have to do a combo which uses ALL of his D-moves, including distortions):

OD > 5c (fatal) > 214214D > 235b > 2d > 2c > 6d > 3d > 5d > 5b > jc. > j5c > jc. > j5d > 236c > 46c > 236d > 6 > CT > 214d > jc. (Hornet Chaser) > j5c > j5c > jc. > j2d > 236236d

(holy shit that's long 0.0)

So this is what I've been aiming at but I always drop the combo just before or after Valiant. Any ideas anyone? Should we make a whole new thread for the challenge mode?

Easiest way for me was

OD > 236236D > 3D > 2D > 2C > 6D > 5D > 236D > 6 5C > 214D > j.C j.C j.D > while falling from this, j.2D > 214214D

Easiest way for me was

OD > 236236D > 3D > 2D > 2C > 6D > 5D > 236D > 6 5C > 214D > j.C j.C j.D > while falling from this, j.2D > 214214D

I did that exactly, except I didn't use the 5C after Valiant.

Hey,

has anybody have idea how to grasp the timing of 3C>22C? because I can't get the timing... it sucks

Do it as soon as you see him touch the ground.

Has anybody completed Azrael's challenge 30 yet? I've been working on it and this is my best try (you have max OD, 100% heat and U/L-weakpoints + COM gives you Fatal, you have to do a combo which uses ALL of his D-moves, including distortions):

OD > 5c (fatal) > 214214D > 235b > 2d > 2c > 6d > 3d > 5d > 5b > jc. > j5c > jc. > j5d > 236c > 46c > 236d > 6 > CT > 214d > jc. (Hornet Chaser) > j5c > j5c > jc. > j2d > 236236d

(holy shit that's long 0.0)

So this is what I've been aiming at but I always drop the combo just before or after Valiant. Any ideas anyone? Should we make a whole new thread for the challenge mode?

Please read the appropriate threads before asking questions. This question is answered in the FAQ section, and the title of that thread says "(Read Here First Before Asking Questions!)".

dang, I'm learning this char, and even his combos feels like Slayer from GG, all don't chain does it? (especially his 5B, 2C, it feels like a frame link, rather then a chain) Any suggestion on the timing? I feel his 5B, to 2C feels easier on crouching chars.

dang, I'm learning this char, and even his combos feels like Slayer from GG, all don't chain does it? (especially his 5B, 2C, it feels like a frame link, rather then a chain) Any suggestion on the timing? I feel his 5B, to 2C feels easier on crouching chars.

- 5B

RA at 16F~

However, the RA timing is rather slow for all moves.

That is a gatling. Just visually see 5B hit then do 2C. It feels easier on crouching chars because there is extra hitstun.

Glad to see some solutions for Trial 30. I was trying all day yesterday to figure something out. Trial mode can be silly sometimes. I have no problem with any of Azrael's execution. I played SF for a while before getting really into BB, so links are cake (especially in this game >_>). It's just trying to think of something that would combo using all his drives was driving me crazy. @_@