Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Getting used to this character is way harder than I thought, my hands are playing Lambda and my mind is trying to play Nu =/

Anyone have any tips for 4B > 2DD > 22A > 6A midscreen? Guessing that I need to hit with 2DD at a certain height

Getting used to this character is way harder than I thought, my hands are playing Lambda and my mind is trying to play Nu =/

Anyone have any tips for 4B > 2DD > 22A > 6A midscreen? Guessing that I need to hit with 2DD at a certain height

I just got the game today so I'm trying to get used to her. She will take time. My combos are okay atm.

So they took away 5C's whiff gatlings. And Luna's drives have no gatlings in block. Guess we should update the wiki with that.

I was able to do it by just doing everything as fast as possible. What is the full combo you are trying to do?

So they took away 5C's whiff gatlings. And Luna's drives have no gatlings in block. Guess we should update the wiki with that.

I was able to do it by just doing everything as fast as possible. What is the full combo you are trying to do?

Question Toan, which button you have mode change mapped to?

The mode change is just 22A so I guess it would be mapped to Square, which is the default pad config.

Okay I have mine mapped to default. I guess I'll have to get used to mode change quickly with combos.

6A > j.c > j.2C > 2DD > air ender. I know there are some other stuff but having problems hitting with the 6A

Anyone else still stuck in CT or CSE mode with her 5C, by still holding down or mashing C? lol. And it's gonna take forever to adjust to 623C

I can't seem to get that 9k combo to work. Highest I've gotten is 8952, and I think that was lucky, so I'm throwing in the towel and waiting to see what someone else comes up with.

I seem to be getting better with her 22A > 6A > 5C combos. There's a lot of time allowed between the 6A and 5C. I'm having a lot of fun with x> 3C > 236B > 22A > 6A > 5C > 236D > 22A combos.

Still, TKs will be the bane of my existence yet again. Some of the combos in the combo thread are pretty tricky!

I was having considerable problems getting down the timing on some of her 22A combos, but then the challenge mode SFXs really helped out with locking her combos in. In Challenge mode, if you press FN2, all of the attacks the CPU and you press create musical notes on timing, and it gives another reassurance that you did something right. It helped conditioned me against my old combos.

Nu feels weird. Mode change I'll have to get used to but at least I can get basic sword combos out. It's just day one for me so I'll see how I do.

Toan likes mashing so he won't have problems with nu. I use sound to time things so I won't after I get used to it. The thing is the people who have rhythm and actually use muscle memory are gonna have a field day trying to do the easiest of combos.

Nu, what have they done to you? I feel dirty mashing everything ASAP

Toan likes mashing so he won't have problems with nu. I use sound to time things so I won't after I get used to it. The thing is the people who have rhythm and actually use muscle memory are gonna have a field day trying to do the easiest of combos.

Nu, what have they done to you? I feel dirty mashing everything ASAP

Yeah, I'm not sure if I like the mode changing now.

No need to mash if you don't feel comfortable with it, I think it was already mentioned a few pages back but holding the button near the end of 22A works wonders thanks to the frame buffer.

Her corner combos aren't that mashable. For instance Luna(corner) 2B > 2C > 3C > 236B > 22A > 6A > 5C > 236D, you have to delay the 236D slightly so that it will hit, same with getting the full hits of 5C after 6A.

For stuff like Luna (corner) 4B > 2DD > CT > 236C > 214A > 22A > 236D you can delay the cancel into 236D and it will still land pretty effectively.

Well, I suppose it's just getting the timings down. Suffice it to say, some of her combos feel really fast, they're pretty fun to do once you get the hang of it. Still, TK will be the bane of my existence.

I don't have any good Dia combos yet :(

You don't actually mash. It is just the speed at which you have to press buttons to combo in this game is around the same speed as if you were mashing out combos in Extend. It is definitely nicer to have a faster rhythm.

Posts here are getting me worried about the execution part.

I am a masher myself when it comes to combos so i don't know what to make of it :S just gonna pray for the best and see when the free-airbubble-transportation-method copy gets here.

Anyway just saw protoss use my namesake move (legacy edge) twice in a round, don't ever remember seeing that before, is it any more usefull this time around?

Anyway just saw protoss use my namesake move (legacy edge) twice in a round, don't ever remember seeing that before, is it any more usefull this time around?

Was it for a combo or for pressure? Combo-wise, I can't imagine it's anything TOO spectacular, but on the pressure side, that's a lot of free meter we're giving the opponent.

So when will the match-up threads open up? Because I have no idea what to do against Amane (for multiple characters). Freakin' sticky hands...