Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykotik

[CP] Carl vs Terumi

Random notes:

- 5D and 2D count as projectiles and can be rolled past w/236A

- Terumi's 6B has low invincibility. Make sure to use 5A if you're trying to mash to beat it.

I  can't seem to get a lockdown on this guy. His moves seem really fast and I keep getting mashed out/DP supered. Any advice? He closes in so quickly I feel like there's not much I can do. 

And then Carl beat the big bad Terumi and everyone lived happily ever after

(I should make a serious post on this matchup at some point)

i heard this matchup is free for carl, please confirm

If this is true I am dying to hear why. 

Not exactly free, but still really good for Carl. Terumi's only ranged attack is 5D, which is a projectile, and doesn't hinder Nirvana from doing her stuff. The only way for Terumi to approach Carl is to play really agressive since he can't even chip out Nirvana without getting hit or jump on you properly because of the poor vertical hitboxes of his jumping attacks. Carl has a lot of options to approach, because of Terumi's 6A dead angles and his inability to deal with cross-ups and ranged Nirvana attacks, such as Tenerezza or Fuoco. Terumi's offense is more than  manageable if you commit to blocking and teching throws (shouldn't be too much of a problem as you have to do that in many MUs) and jumping at the right time (one of Terumi's flaws is his lack of reward in any air-to-air situations, so use this to your advantage). Terumi doesn't have any response to your offense except for his 623B super, which is not a great reversal since it costs meter and doesn't give him any okizeme if it doesn't counter.

this MU is really only "land a hit and go to town", Terumi has to take bets to approach Carl, so just make him regret taking those bets with all your arsenal. just be wary of Terumi's run speed as he can quicky bypass Nirvana if you aren't too focused  on stopping him.

On the other hand Terumi can almost kill Carl in one combo with enough meter to start. His damage got nerfed a lot in 1.1 in exchange for having better neutral but I think he can still take a combo reset into 100% against Carl.

On the other hand Terumi can almost kill Carl in one combo with enough meter to start. His damage got nerfed a lot in 1.1 in exchange for having better neutral but I think he can still take a combo reset into 100% against Carl.

True enough, but if Terumi gets to make you eat this combo , it means that you probably derped up at some times, which happens anyway. But still, it's not something inherent to this MU, as a lot of character can take out Carl with 2 combos when having the resources. Not to mention that he gets his huge damage output from specific starters and resets that you should always be wary of (22C reset and fatal CH 6B comes to mind). Terumi doesn't have an exceptional damage output  from his overhead options (which aren't that great anyway), except if he uses OD, which means, sacrificing a possible escape option if you sandwich him later. Carl on the other hand, can get an easy 4-5k from pretty much any starter that isn't a 5A/2A.

I didn't mean that the MU is free, just that if you look at the bigger picture, Carl definitely has an edge over Terumi in my opinion

22C reset doesn't do that much anymore thanks to them getting rid of the bonus proration, but yeah.  It was pretty funny to be able to do random 2k combo > 22C reset > win round though.