9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

So the command list for I-No went up today with the following noticeable changes:

-H Note is gone. This likely means a return to the Pre-AC note speed.

-Both HCL and VCL are still in, with the input changed to 214K/214S respectively.

-HCL now has a follow-up of some sorts, 214S (The same input as vertical?)

Curious to see if the follow-up is just a VCL. Personally not big on the idea of the input change yet.

She'll be playable in the upcoming loketest, Nov. 2nd-4th so we should find out more then.

Changes as reported by Elven Shadow:

-Double Airdash gone.

-Can still airdash out of hoverdash.

-Can still airdash after P. Dive.

-Chemical love can be YRC'd.

-Can airdash from ground (!) Or air YRC'd Chemical Love.

-Stbt (unsure which version) can be YRC'd.

-Chemical Love follow-up seems like another one on top of opponent that knocks down?

- S-Dive causes rollback on hit (similar to AC's slide state). Allows for meterless corner combos.

-Normals seem mostly the same. Far S does not launch on regular hit (could be like #R?)

-Ground super is cinematic. Blows kiss first.

-Has a green alt color

-New seizures inducing winpose with musical bars.

-Quite a bit of boob jiggle during cinematics.

BYB0Q_0CMAAaGJC.jpg

l_52748d24078d0.jpg

l_52748d2475663.jpg

l_52748d248f470.jpg

l_52748d24a7724.jpg

l_52748d24c0d61.jpg

l_52748d251c09f.jpg

l_52748d256d943.jpg

l_52748d27b93e8.jpg

l_52748d2880d76.jpg

l_52748d289b73b.jpg

l_52748d28d1e4b.jpg

l_52748d28ed3c8.jpg

l_52748d2913b4c.jpg

l_52748d294ae16.jpg

l_52748d2a67adf.jpg

GGXrd_0204_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0403_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0508_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0509_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0510_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0601_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0602_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0603_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0604_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0605_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0704_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0707_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0802_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_0901_cs1w1_720x.jpg

GGXrd_1004_cs1w1_720x.jpg

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/396519431464955904

山中 丈嗣 @Yamanaka_ARC

お気づきの方もいるようですが、イノの瞳の色はカメラアングルによって七色に変化します。スタッフが設定を忠実に再現してくれました。#Xrd #GGXrd #guiltygear

google translation:

It seems that some people noticed, but the color of the pupil of the Ino changes to seven colors depending on the camera angle. Staff told me to reproduce faithfully the setting.

You can see in the Famitsu screens that her eyes are different colors in different shots. One shot even looks like they're a gradient from yellow to red. Very cool.

Vids *Turn your speakers down*

Intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qY8MMViu3k&feature=player_detailpage#t=61

Reaction to Faust's kancho super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moxMPQRAcew&feature=player_detailpage#t=31

Edited by 9TNine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxYGDj6GIm4

Gameplay!

Chemical love knocks down, derivation is she backflips and a vertical one hits the opponent.

HCL SEEMS smaller, but the game being widescreen now could also be a factor. I wouldn't be shocked if this were true though since the input was changed. Saw sweep into HCL miss Venom a lot, but I dont' remember if that's what normally happened in AC pre-R.

Saw an STBT stagger (not sure which one). j.D also still hops.

post-148-139515177466_thumb.jpg

Edited by 9TNine

Another gameplay vid (I-No is CPU).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOI3S8EiTE

Things to note:

-When pressing Forward as a Dust followup, I-No still does the hoverdash (No real surprise here, but there was a question on how this would be handled).

-6H is still two hits.

-HCL hitbox looks really shitty. May was standing right next to I-No and it whiffed.

-Both STBT seem to cause stagger on regular hit.

Off of that second vid... 6HS normal hit also blew May fullscreen (though it's possible that she would have been able to airtech and just didn't). Also looking at it again I'm surprised that 6HS wasn't a throw...

Off of that second vid... 6HS normal hit also blew May fullscreen (though it's possible that she would have been able to airtech and just didn't). Also looking at it again I'm surprised that 6HS wasn't a throw...

Seems dash-cancelable too.

"I-No: -Hover dash cancelable normals!? 5K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5HS, 2HS, 6HS, 2D confirmed" HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

They're planning for I-No to have the ultimate freestyle: if a move can't be canceled into another move directly without spending meter, it can be canceled into a dash into that move. It's going to feel like playing Smash Bros, except better in every way. 6H is a nice buff so that we get something even on regular hit, and f.S will make it easier to confirm assuming it's on hit only (it'll be amazingly strong if you can just do it, though this move sounds the weirdest to be dash cancelable since it's a projectile)

2S/2D sound like total bullshit though. No way they're letting us dash-cancel 2 of our lows into instant j.K overhead, or immediate j.H to land into another low. They'd have to nerf the shit out of everything to make it true for all of these moves.

well, hcl was nerfed, only one airdash, and only one note. that makes it seem like zoners are going to be exceptionally tough, and then people with longer range normals too. so nerfing everything else isn't a far reality for this.

though as you said... that'd be plain scary. the options she will have. the oki.

They're planning for I-No to have the ultimate freestyle: if a move can't be canceled into another move directly without spending meter, it can be canceled into a dash into that move. It's going to feel like playing Smash Bros, except better in every way. 6H is a nice buff so that we get something even on regular hit, and f.S will make it easier to confirm assuming it's on hit only (it'll be amazingly strong if you can just do it, though this move sounds the weirdest to be dash cancelable since it's a projectile)

2S/2D sound like total bullshit though. No way they're letting us dash-cancel 2 of our lows into instant j.K overhead, or immediate j.H to land into another low. They'd have to nerf the shit out of everything to make it true for all of these moves.

f.S seems more like it's #R iteration, which wasn't a projectile. Things like 6P, f.S, HCL (Chained into, not a link like in AC) were common.

2S was NOT a low in #R (Became one in... AC?). Hopefully it remains as one though.

King of Hearts also mentioned following up the HCL Follow-up with airdash s, h -> dive when she's near the corner.

Edited by 9TNine

Yeah, I'd rather have 2S be a low than be dash cancelable. I want mixup, not balls-on-the-table rushdown (we have Chipp for that). I'm also hoping that she keeps at least one option to do unprorated damage off of a low (seems likely with Stroke).

Hm... did f.S have wall-bounce on CH back in #R, or was that a Slash thing? Did it have the forced prorate?

Yeah, I'd rather have 2S be a low than be dash cancelable. I want mixup, not balls-on-the-table rushdown (we have Chipp for that). I'm also hoping that she keeps at least one option to do unprorated damage off of a low (seems likely with Stroke).

Hm... did f.S have wall-bounce on CH back in #R, or was that a Slash thing? Did it have the forced prorate?

Wallbounce on CH was a Slash thing, which is also when it became two hits (2nd hit had the forced prorate, but oftentimes you could cancel the first hit into 2H then dash and ignore it). In AC, they removed the first hit entirely, and removed hitstop from the 2nd hit. It also became necessary to link HCL after f.S, when pre-AC you could chain it.

(To any mod overseeing this area, I made an Xrd thread for I-No videos in the +R section since I couldn't make it here. Could it please be moved here?)

Thanks,

Thinking of switching to Ino from Slayer in Xrd. I would like to know what version of xx does she play like most?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

I wonder why the I-no players we saw in the latest videos don't use any RC like other chars...

If HCL is considered a projectile, it should be YRCable, no ? Would be great to slow time > airdash after it :p

You can't YRC if the opponent is in hit or blockstun, so It will take 50 meter to do what used to be 25. Metergain does seem to be a little stronger though. Some aspects of I-no worry me a little, but I'll wait until I see HIGHLEVELPLAYKOICHISTUFF before I really try to make a judgement.

Spent a good chunk of time with I-No and have some BnB combos with her. She feels really solid in the game.

Of course, this is my first time ever playing the GG series since GG for the PS1.

But i have a few videos that I recorded with her and another Japanese I-No player.

^tell me more! Also, i had this all typed up before you posted, so I'll go ahead and post it anyway. Let me know what you think, and if you can help!

No Testament, so I played mostly I-no today. I can't get the air throw to work at all. I haven't seen any location test videos, so I don't know what it's supposed to be like. Is it like Anji's 623hs? It jumps into the air just like it if she's grounded, so I'm wondering if you can combo into it, because it seems to get beaten out by a lot of air normals. Can't set the training dummy to do anything except stand there or be AI, so you can't just set them to jump and try it. Didn't get to mess around much in training mode anyway, so couldn't figure out how to combo into it either.

airdash vcl still causes her to fall faster, seems safe on block. dash>airdash still feels about the same input wise.

hcl, followup... a little extra damage, but you're basically giving up your okizeme to do it. wondering if it's just for when you want to rc into a combo.

hcl itself seems pretty limited range-wise, but actually so do a lot of normals in this game. could be the wide screen factor is throwing my spacing off, but like doing 5k, c.s, 5hs with ky for example, 5hs would hardly hit at all.

i seriously can't do any rc combos in this game yet. the slowdown after rcing will take some getting used to.

dash cancel normals... pretty good, but not broken from what i can tell. the cancel point is late enough in the animation that you can't really get in safely off of a far poke, like a 2s or something. i was playing the same guy all night, and 2k, dash cancel overhead seemed pretty tough for him to deal with, but it's not anything that you couldn't get used to, and it's not unreactable or anything.

there seems to be a lot less you can do with 214 p. before, you could kind of fake one direction, and then send it back the other way, but it feels like you really have to commit in xrd to get it to go very far up or down. this coupled with the more limited hcl range, and the fact that f.s doesn't seem that good all seem to make it a lot harder to get in on opponents:(

i think that's about all i have for now. post up if you see anything cool in videos. so far i don't really know what to do with her toolbox, so i'm hoping someone else will figure it out for me.

one more general note, i was getting way blown up by air throws today. maybe air normals all just have slower startup, or maybe air throw has excellent range compared to normals now? i don't know.