9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

her air throw from what i remember could be comboed from, but I'm going back to the arcade tomorrow to play again. Let me get my vids uploaded then it will be easier to decode.

Again, im totally NEW to this game so I'm still getting familiar with jargon and other things. Just learning fundamentals at the moment.

BUT I have my aime card ! yayyy

Can anyone confirm if we can still do CL dash momentum stuff? Removing the option for HCL stuff seems so strange? Where she getting her damage from?

The current stuff mainly seems to be RCing the HCL Follow-up. This is something someone mentioned from the loketests too. I've seen a few attempts at her new command grab (Looks like Rose's soul throw) which can supposedly be comboed after but haven't seen it actually hit yet. I imagine Air Throw still combos too.

I saw that Dive seemed to have the wall splat effect? Could have uses?

Note so far seems not quite as good. Maybe it's people needing to adjust back to the old speed. Sweep also seems a little shorter, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks.

from that video ^^^^ (well, this one http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/44032006)

The VCL fastfall landing recovery seems almost nonexistent, which I have to admit I really love. Actually, VCL landing recovery seems really fast in general, so I'm suspecting there's good potential for elaborate corner combos with it.

Recovery from STBT seems a lot faster.

Is faultless defense cancel just easier in general? U-Zen is using it all over the place. On that subject, it does seem that j.D FDC is 0 landing recovery, or is j.D just 0 landing recovery in general now?

Seems like the main combo route now is 6p -> 5HS -> iad -> j.K -> j.S -> stuff

wondering if the 5HS -> iad part is more lenient

HCL untech time is back to #r levels or better

well, that's some of the things i can garner from that video

Edited by Rhannmah

I actually wondered if the 5H>IAD j.K stuff would be her staple meterless midscreen, with meter being saved for corner combos or as much corner carry as possible. Meter gain seems pretty strong in this game.

So you can do HCL stuff like in #R? As in stuff>HCL>2P>5K>HCL sort of things. If we can get a slight hitbox buff to CL and see some optimized for damage combos, I-no could be pretty terrifying!

STBT seems less rewarding from what I've seen though, but it could just be people aren't trying for anything. She's looking pretty good so far.

STBT on CH doesn't seem to give a combo, or no one has really tried to get one. The float seems to be too low to the ground. Maybe you can get 5K>HCL off of it.

Can somebody confirm dash canceling off her normals? I remember there was notes about it somewhere. I do wonder if Arc Sys took it out at the last minute for being too strong

I know it's hard to break years of muscle memory, but with the amount of time slow on RCs, it's probably possible to walk forward into the proper range to use the second hit of 6H > dash cancel, or jump in for a falling j.D > VCL. U-Zen goes for 6H at least once in that Pot video (I'm at like 24min right now), but when that failed he started doing things like 'HCL > RC > 5K > IAD', and 'HCL > RC > f.S'.

I really appreciate the testing on his end (what if 5K IAD actually linked to something now? How nuts would that be?), but I wanna see people actually experiment with how much leniency the time slow gives them. I also wanna see j.D out of this new upwards dash, to see how her momentum shifts. Or upwards dash > j.D FDC.

Anyway, glad to see that I-No can combo off of FFVCL oki on Pot without spending meter or getting a CH.

She's getting pretty good damage vs Pot for those meterless corner push combos. I bet she's going to have really high burst-damage when we see optimized full-meter combos.

Do we have confirmation of exactly which normals are dash-cancelable?

From a post in December, "Hover dash cancelable normals!? 5K, c.S, f.S, 2S, 5HS, 2HS, 6HS, 2D confirmed " They could well have changed since though.

Can you RC HCL and air dash afterwards and if you can does HCL auto-JI or do you have to JI manually / TK it like you do in +R? I don't think I've seen a I-No player go for it once.

Edited by Brandinoli

Can you RC HCL and air dash afterwards and if you can does HCL auto-JI or do you have to JI manually / TK it like you do in +R? I don't think I've seen a I-No player go for it once.

Yes, and it has auto-JI. It's in the second post in the thread and the confirm from ElvenShadow back in loke period(hoping I'm not coming off snarky just letting ya know)

Ok just tested I-no and the dude let me try stuff.

You can air dash after YRC chemical love both versions even if you start on the ground.

Her far slash doesn't launch at all on regular hit. Dunno about counter.

I assume you means her air sphere super? She can't do anything after it until she hits the ground.

The note is a constant speed. Does 5 hits full screen.

Also some I-No footage, player is Koreru(vs Sol, Sol, and Faust) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhhKq8ziSg#t=568 He also fights an Axl in part 2 but it's a really fast curbstomp so I didn't bother.

Can also see her 214HS grab used here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhhKq8ziSg#t=1070

Edited by KD

Yes, and it has auto-JI. It's in the second post in the thread and the confirm from ElvenShadow back in loke period(hoping I'm not coming off snarky just letting ya know)

Thanks! Can't believe I missed that ._.