9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Can you RC HCL and air dash afterwards and if you can does HCL auto-JI or do you have to JI manually / TK it like you do in +R? I don't think I've seen a I-No player go for it once.

http://youtu.be/G5JWypA_lcI?t=2h32m

It's a bit of a weird setup, but this guy goes for 5K HCL RC (50%) into airdash. He lands and hits H which missing but I'm betting close S would've worked, or maybe even j.s during the dash into VCL?

Happy to finally see her new IK, but I'm sort of underwhelmed by it. We don't really see the other guy getting ****ed, and there's only like 6 orbs. What happened to the old version of Megalomania where you got hit so many times you bled out from chip damage? Why don't we hear I-No blasting out a high speed riff in the background?

Oh well. We can combo into Megalomania. I suppose that will feel good enough when we use it.

*Edit* So watched all of it. Can't wait for the story translations.

*Double Edit* Major thanks for the video. While there seems to be a decent amount of I-No gameplay footage (mostly that 30 minutes vs Pot), we're starving for this kind of information. Major kudos for showing us her story mode stuff.

*Triple Edit* Translations have been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFwFHfFfDA

Edited by TheRealBobMan

14:55 what the **** was up with that 6H? That looks like it totally should have been a throw. Eddie was crouching after his backdash ended, so it's not like he was still airborne... if you freeze at 14:57 just before the 6H comes out, while the YRC ring is still on screen, you can see that their thighs are touching. Even Chipp can throw at that range!

Also, why'd they make the hot pink color more salmon and turn her ganguro? Ugh... :gonk:

14:55 what the **** was up with that 6H? That looks like it totally should have been a throw. Eddie was crouching after his backdash ended, so it's not like he was still airborne... if you freeze at 14:57 just before the 6H comes out, while the YRC ring is still on screen, you can see that their thighs are touching. Even Chipp can throw at that range!

Also, why'd they make the hot pink color more salmon and turn her ganguro? Ugh... :gonk:

It was a Reload color (although the guitar is different). I think many of her current ones are, actually.

i-no_normal_k.gifi-no_normal_s.gif

XX:

i-no_normal_hs.gif

Edited by 9TNine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g5EOWV3K2jE#t=8890

Almost a full combo.

j.K>c.S>6P>41236S>5K>214K-214S RC>66>j.H>j.236P and then stops.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g5EOWV3K2jE#t=8990

Much more complete combos. Black beats once, but who knows, maybe it was just a mistime and not an actual tech point!

edit2: Video seems to be a higher quality version of something 9TNine posted.

Edited by OneSanitarium

Don't know how long the archives will stay up, but this little clip has some interesting things.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/506204895

I-no doing real combos, and it seems RCing STBT may carry momentum?

edit: There are several in the archive ATM where they were adjusting the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/506205795

and an arcade run trying to get as much practice time as possible with 5 rounds.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/506206765

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/506212236

stuff about them, I'm sure some may be mentioned before:

6:10 of the longer video did 66j.S>j.D FDC>j.K and it comboed.

6P>5H seems like it's more consistent on Sol, which is good.

Command Throw player did >j.236P>66>j.S>j.236K at some point.

after a HCL-VCL RC, maybe be able to land and do 66j.S>j.H?

Command throw YRC may be good for getting into the air and applying a mixup or just getting in. Also, I can catch techs.

>6P>S STBT>6H(2)>HCL connected in the corner.

She does decent damage lol. I don't know how they do the Morrigan like upwards dash from hoverdash and the airdash, maybe it's just hitting 9 during it, or it's mandatory at the end of the standard dash? Hopefully the former.

Also, standard airthrow seems not great. OSCA landed it a few times in the stream and it didn't wall bounce even in the corner.

Has combos and stuff. Using the command throw and a bunch of stuff throughout.

Edited by OneSanitarium

Wow, what's up with j.D? In that second link it looks like it either launches them if they're high enough, or splats them next to the ground. I almost mistook it for a re-stand combo.

That upwards dash is awesome.

Well she's doing a homing dash follow up to the dust, and since all hits from that wall splat and lead to a restand in a crouching position, that's what happened. 5D>6>j.S>j.D restand>stuff.

Oh damn, I didn't know that's what you get for the dash follow up to dust. Cool.

I'm kinda surprised I'm not seeing Pdive > HCL > VCL. Can you still cancel Pdive to any special move after something like frame 10, besides just air dashing?

*Edit* OH shit, look at 19:13 of the long video. You spend 25% to attempt a Blitz Shield, but you get back 12.5% if it's successful! Has anyone noticed this yet?! I was really surprised when I saw I-No do a 5-hit follow up and get back to full meter, so I guess that explains why.

It also means that Blitz Shield probably doesn't prorate meter gain like Faultless, RCs, and Dead Angles. Later on at about 19:30 I-No attempts one against VV, whiffs, then punishes anyway and gets 25% meter with the punish.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Meter gain in this game is crazy. And I never noticed you getting back 12.5% tension for a successful Blitz Shield. That's pretty cool. I wonder if anyone else as noticed that.

So forgive me for the scrub question, but how do you FDC I-No's J.D? Being a HOS player and intending on playing I-No in Xrd...a lot of her stuff seems weird lol

Pretty much just hold one button, then plaink j.D~into another. e.g. [P]D~S. I think in this game you can do it similar to reload where you can just hold FD and press j.D and have it happen automatically like in #R, but that's how it was done in AC as far as I know.

edit: Yeah, IIRC you plinking method only worked in #R if you had no burst, but works even if you have it in AC. I've seen some players, especially Uzen, doing it really easily, so maybe it's like AC in that you can plink, but also #R in that you can just mash D while holding FD.

Edited by OneSanitarium

The input is j.D~FD. you don't have to hold a button prior to doing it. That would impair her ability to use it effectively in mixups or heat of battle. Also, it is entirely possible to do when burst is stocked, no matter what XX series game it was. Just takes practice.

Oh yeah you can. I never thought of doing straight up j.D~FD since I figured I'd be more error prone with pushing two buttons instead of one. It feels like I have to let go of j.D before going to FD though.

Edited by OneSanitarium

Played a bunch at A-cho today. Wasn't a tournament day, but still some tough competition. Has anybody seen what okizeme is being used on potemkin? Could be same as previous games, but I usually play Testament. Specifically, backdash>pot buster is blowing up all of my dash oki. Do I pretty much have to go for note oki, or can I mash a ground normal after whiffing (for example) dash, j.hs and have it hit at the end of his backdash?

Also, 2p picks up from dash>airdash>vcl. Is anyone using it? Does anything else pick up?

thinking you might be able to get 663>j.k to cross up in a funny arc, but not sure. also spacing and recovery from all of her knockdowns might be all wrong for it.

So what exactly are the inputs for the alternate dash arcs, since you've actually played the game?

As for Oki, is fast fall VCL punishable by Pot Buster? If so, I'd imagine note would be the safest route. Dash>airdash stuff is also probably useful

Played a bunch at A-cho today. Wasn't a tournament day, but still some tough competition. Has anybody seen what okizeme is being used on potemkin? Could be same as previous games, but I usually play Testament. Specifically, backdash>pot buster is blowing up all of my dash oki. Do I pretty much have to go for note oki, or can I mash a ground normal after whiffing (for example) dash, j.hs and have it hit at the end of his backdash?

Try dashing in with j.S just high enough that you can chain into j.K before you land, and hit P+K when you input it. That'll give you a meaty 5P if j.S wiffs (which has twice the active frames as 2K, which I imagine you're wiffing after)... at least in the old games.

2K might pick up on some hitboxes, and always did a bit more damage. 5P I imagine wiffs?

Thanks essay. I'll try it out, but don't think i have any local potemkins to practice on.

Yeah they're almost on the ground, so 5p probably won't work on most characters, but maybe on some. I actually haven't done extensive testing with many characters. Maybe you can get something else on lightweights or something.

Are there two alternate dash arcs? 663 goes up, and I think maybe i read about 669 being a thing too, but i couldn't get it to do anything. 6696 is still in, but I'm bad at that.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk

Yeah, going up instead of just keeping straight is what I meant. I had no idea how to do it, so thanks for enlightening me. Can you do it in the air?