9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

she seems solid, he's probably just bored or wants to try someone more interesting. she isnt as execution intense as before, which could give him quite a few reasons to stop playing her awhile.

Koichi played Kliff at the start of +R. Probably just trying different characters out.

Exactly. He's gone through a few characters, actually. Back Pre-Slash he was a Millia player, moved to I-No in Slash. In AC I've got some matches of him playing as Testament when it first came out, but he had relatively long streak of playing Robo-Ky for awhile.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22984856

More I-No combo practice.

I can't be the only person to think I-No combos seem easier right?

You're pretty much right. CL is just 214 now, and the slowdown after rc makes it easier to make whatever comes next connect. 6696 is still hard though, and the iad combos are pretty tight and i drop them sometimes.

As for I-no being bad, from personal experience, so far I can't say that she really feels at a huge disadvantage in any particular matchup. I had a really hard time against a venom the other day, but that's just venom pressure I think. I do wish she had more sweep range, and her new move (command throw) seems pretty useless to me, but other than that i have no complaints really.

I'm a bit disappointed that the command air throw is the only new move. Oh well at least she is in the game, can't complain about that.

BTW, did i see a new normal standing kick? it's not 5K nor 2K, probably 6K?

Trivia, i saw her playing a high note during her idle stance. It is better seen in the Story-mode video that is currently around the net (vs Ramlethal)

A nice detail.

I'm a bit disappointed that the command air throw is the only new move. Oh well at least she is in the game, can't complain about that.

BTW, did i see a new normal standing kick? it's not 5K nor 2K, probably 6K?

Trivia, i saw her playing a high note during her idle stance. It is better seen in the Story-mode video that is currently around the net (vs Ramlethal)

A nice detail.

She has old 5K, not aware of any new normals. Got a link?

Oh crap false alarm, now that i watched carefully, it was just a 5K.

I saw wrong for a number of reasons: the video was 360p and blurry, the I-No player quickly chained the 5K into 2S so i couldn't see well, etc.

her combos and other character's combos in this game are underwhelming

I mean, yeah they are trying to make the game easier but it's like no 6frc6 is kinda bleh..

if i was koichi, i'd be doing the same thing, trying out different characters..lol

I mean, yeah they are trying to make the game easier but it's like no 6frc6 is kinda bleh..

I can't imagine /anyone/ truly missing having to do 6FRC6 during combos lol

I can't imagine /anyone/ truly missing having to do 6FRC6 during combos lol

I will. The swag when you are beasting with them makes me feel myself and play harder.

I will. The swag when you are beasting with them makes me feel myself and play harder.

I agree with this. Being up to the point where you land them 95%+ in match is a REALLY good feeling. But still, what I miss most is the combo routes this opened, it gave I-No her title of most flexible fighting game character. You can do whatever you want with her.

I'll somewhat miss being able to say I play one of the hardest characters in one of the hardest to play fighting games, but I'll be glad to be able to spend less time practicing to beat people and more time actually beating people.

Can't wait for the ocean of salt from scrubs complaining that I-No is too good because she's easy now.

Lmao at Throw > RC > Pdive > Pdive > dash > Pdive > Sdive > 5P pickup. I love it.

And finally someone does Dive > YRC > mixup.

Tournament set of a really strong I-No. Don't really know the name of the player though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DQn4Zs_w7pw#t=99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F2CSOViaBVs#t=349

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OZUegCFmN9A#t=547

Most notable thing I saw is that does look like you get oki with the HCL > VCL follow-up if you're high enough off the ground. It only seems if you do it lower to the ground that you really don't get much off of it.

Also does anyone know the specifics of I-No's air grab? I saw a few players go for it in the past, but only saw anyone land it like once.

Edited by Brandinoli