9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Lol at Sol not adjusting for time slow in that first match in the first vid and whiffing WT.

:gonk: at 5H whiffing in the corner like that though. For ****'s sake...

In that second vid, that airdash blockstring into j.P > VCL > YRC > mixup was awesome. You leave a 1-frame gap for them to get out (or more with IB), but the YRC let's you bait a reversal, and if they don't you get to run your mixup, which is also a frame-trap because of the time slow.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Also does anyone know the specifics of I-No's air grab? I saw a few players go for it in the past, but only saw anyone land it like once.

The command grab? Not much unfortunately. I think I saw someone get a j.S off it.

Sorry, should have responded to that. I also haven't seen regular airthrow do anything more than knockdown, even point blank in the corner. I also can't tell based on the videos if it has good range again or not, but I hope so since you can't follow it up for free.

Command throw... I've seen followed up into immediate Pdive > airdash follow ups. Leads to 35% combos pretty easy, and I see people YRCing it, so either there's stupid startup time, or you can do that on whiff to become safe for less than a PRC which is kinda nice.

It almost looks like another VCL attempt...

EDIT: But it looks a little slow for that... or j.D... but I can't really think of anything else.

Edited by Delrian

whoa, she is so flexible haha...

nice command throw. wonder how well it shakes things up. her air throw game was sick in ac but l heard it got nerfed quite hard.

Went from being tied with May for second best airthrow range in AC to being the absolute worst in +R (96 down to 80). I really miss being able to airthrow everything all the time, including bursts from 1/2 screen. It's part of the reason I picked up I-No dammit!

I'm hoping that they left her good throw range on her regular throw since you now only get knockdown. It feels like an elegant nerf to let you risk a whiff animation and not have the ability to option select throw when going for damage + meter gain, but still have her old air throw too. If her regular airthrow sucks then I'll be sad, but whatever.

About how long is the recovery when you don't YRC it? I've seen lots of command throw attempts that were YRC'd, but I don't think I've ever seen the full whiff animation.

This is totally relevant, but when you finish the round with the command throw, the camera spins around with I-no's legs spread open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vjuZ-FUVoz4#t=435

The reason I'm playing I-No right there.

Also doesn't she have dash cancellable normals? I guess her dash cancel must be poop since I don't believe I never even seen it in action.

She does on specific moves, but its somewhat late in them I think, so it'd be just a bit faster than waiting for move>neutral>dash. There probably won't be any 5H>421K>j.K EX I-no combos with it, unless maybe a CH 2H, but you can hoverdash after that anyway. Just slightly better pressure I suppose. I know she can dash cancel her 2S, and It's low in this game, so that's good.

I know she can dash cancel her 2S, and It's low in this game, so that's good.

Ino's 2s is not a low in Xrd. Confirmed to be a mid. :-(

Looks like she can get decent damage off of 2K, so while it sucks that 2S doesn't have +R range and isn't a low, I guess we'll manage

STBT looks kinda shitty. Can you even get anything off of it without spending meter? It's like... on regular hit, you get a reset opportunity, and on CH you get oki.

I've whiffed throws that were closer in +R, so that looks good to me.

As for HCL/VCL, I remember seeing an airdash blockstring like j.K > j.S > j.K > j.P > VCL YRC. If it hasn't changed, VCL goes active on 11, and j.P is lvl1 so that's 10 frames of block-stun. The VCL was done sort of far away so it didn't immediately hit after the j.P, which could have contributed to the YRC working, but you'd have a 1-frame window to YRC, and it wouldn't matter that you left a 1-frame gap that they could reversal out of because you'd have time-slow to confirm that they did that and block > punish accordingly. HCL should work in similar situations, and you could probably even YRC to punish someone going for IB > reversal to escape your block strings.

You could also intentionally delay the cancel into HCL/VCL if you use a move that's active for several frames, like 5K (not that you'd want to when you can TK dive / 2D mixup out of blocked 5K).