9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

I wonder if I-no can use her command grab to beat moves like Bedman's ground pound move, or Slayer's Helter Skelter out of the air. Perhaps not since I've not seen it before, though while the startup is probably too slow to do on reaction, perhaps a good read would allow it.

Also, I'll update the video thread soon, a good amount of videos have been put up in the last few days, just gotta watch them all and find the Inos.

Has anyone seen I-No grab a burst with the command throw?  I tried it during E3 but no one gave me the setup for it.  We can use the command throw FROM THE GROUND, meaning that if it's possible to throw a burst with it, we have potentially the best burst bait options in the game.  Any non jump cancelable normal (like 2S/2H) into air throw.  : )

Should be possible to beat those moves no problem with a good read, though there would need to be enough of a frame gap if they're doing it in a block string.  Would probably have to IB whatever hit came before those.

I don't think you can grab bursts from the startup with command grabs, if Pot or Anji's 623H are any sign. You can grab blue bursts after it goes active though, but gold bursts, and blues at the start up aren't possible.

Wait, so you can't grab a Gold Burst on startup anymore?  Why the hell did they do that?  :gonk:

Or specifically just with command throws, they won't let you grab the burst until it's in recovery?

Wait, so you can't grab a Gold Burst on startup anymore? Why the hell did they do that? :gonk:

Or specifically just with command throws, they won't let you grab the burst until it's in recovery?

you can. K did it in a tournament not too long ago

6P> S STBT>6P has always worked as far as I know (just tried it in #R, Slash, and AC), but I don't think you can get a second STBT after that. Though I think that was just a hitbox issue?

Hey gang quick question!

I want to pick up I-no in Xrd and was wondering which version of GG she most closely resembles so that I can get to training early as I plan on taking Xrd seriously. Any advice will help. Thanks!

OneSanitarium: That's really interesting then, thanks, I'll have to check it out. Although I dunno if it would be really useful in AC since 5S was no longer a direct hit, so I guess you could only do 2S>HCL after that (but in Xrd 5HS surely it could work) as a best option.

Diend: XX Slash. In #R she resembles most in EX Mode but that's a different history too of course, since her hover dash and Longing Desperation are completely different. You will see for yourself however than even in Slash there are some peculiarities like 5S being a 2 hit attack but yeah, it's the best version you can use until Xrd comes out.

If you have any doubt, just ask.

Does some one happen to have good quality freeze frames form the new chemical love animation? There's this cool effect where the electricity turns into small sound squares, if you will.

I'd like to get some ink similar to that.

OneSanitarium: That's really interesting then, thanks, I'll have to check it out. Although I dunno if it would be really useful in AC since 5S was no longer a direct hit, so I guess you could only do 2S>HCL after that (but in Xrd 5HS surely it could work) as a best option.

Diend: XX Slash. In #R she resembles most in EX Mode but that's a different history too of course, since her hover dash and Longing Desperation are completely different. You will see for yourself however than even in Slash there are some peculiarities like 5S being a 2 hit attack but yeah, it's the best version you can use until Xrd comes out.

If you have any doubt, just ask.

just play +R. Matchup/game/tourney exp will do you way better than practice mode of a game that is 9 years obsolete. Why are ppl still suggesting this?

Wait, so you can't grab a Gold Burst on startup anymore?  Why the hell did they do that?  :gonk:

You certainly CAN grab gold bursts on start up.  Check the most recent Sportsland tourney footage once it comes out soon.  I beat FAB and made it to grand finals where I fought 16dan Millia.  Guess how I lost the very end of the final round?

So I think that as ky if you are by the seal made in split ciel (236D) you generate a crazy amount of tension. I would like someone to confirm it with me but I think thats another perk it has

Edit- false alarm sorry it doesnt. This ky just had no cool down because he never fd braked

You certainly CAN grab gold bursts on start up.  Check the most recent Sportsland tourney footage once it comes out soon.  I beat FAB and made it to grand finals where I fought 16dan Millia.  Guess how I lost the very end of the final round?

Dammit dude, you live in Japan.  Why the hell are you 'California Bursting'?  :v:

Teasing aside, congrats on beating FAB and making it to Grand Finals.  That's seriously awesome!

Using the note as a combo after the air throw was possible to do before as well, but it's good to see you can still do it (in fact, it should be easier to do now).

On a side note, can anyone tell me if that GG Player with a winning streak of more than 15+, is still playing somewhere?

Using the note as a combo after the air throw was possible to do before as well, but it's good to see you can still do it (in fact, it should be easier to do now).

On a side note, can anyone tell me if that GG Player with a winning streak of more than 15+, is still playing somewhere?

Im think it is hasegawa, dont hold me to it though

I know it could be done in older games, I tried it after I first saw it in #R. YRC feels like it makes it easier, since I couldn't get it done in Reload without being at a good distance and using a FRC>instant hoverdash.

It's the only way possible of course, since you can't do air throws during an air dash or double jump (but the good thing about her in Xrd is that she can do it now with the new air throw :cool: ).

You can totally air throw during a double jump though. Doing it during an airdash could be somewhat silly, actually. Can't wait for frame data and hitboxes on her SM command grab.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/546773534

So much OSCA training mode in this (and in the videos past this). Tries to do stuff>IAD crossup VCL some times, as well as practicing c.S>j.D FDC>j.S mixups.

Also, massive apologies for not keeping the video thread up to date. I'll try to get around to it in the next few days. Stuff is stuff, and stuff. You know?