9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Also, massive apologies for not keeping the video thread up to date. I'll try to get around to it in the next few days. Stuff is stuff, and stuff. You know?

I totally forgive you for using that avatar.

Okay. Updated the thread. I'm going to try to do a lot more over the next few days since I'm leaving for a while at the end of the week, and I'll be sure to get back to weekly updates at the slowest. I used a few of the links you put into the video thread, Antitidus, just for sake of organization with how I organize them, and I'll be looking for videos that are uploaded to other channels soon. I got this, I promise.

Also, in case it isn't known or whatever, Hasegawa got a gold ticket for ArcRev. I think he's the first Ino to get one.

https://twitter.com/hasegawaino/status/487861714482769920

Okay. Updated the thread. I'm going to try to do a lot more over the next few days since I'm leaving for a while at the end of the week, and I'll be sure to get back to weekly updates at the slowest. I used a few of the links you put into the video thread, Antitidus, just for sake of organization with how I organize them, and I'll be looking for videos that are uploaded to other channels soon. I got this, I promise.

Just take your time. I feel it's ok to have breaks. I think we all appreciate what you are doing. When the thread wasn't getting updated there was no disappointment coming from me at all. So just feel free to update it whenever YOU want.

Gameplay topic: Can I-no still hold her air dive attacks? I see a lot of OSCA combo drops from air dives but if she can hold it that would solve the problem.

I can hardly watch any Joniosan stream, but it seems that Dive HS has better frame data recovery? If so I'm really glad, I like to use it in oki.

I would like to point this as well just in order to confirm the current situation, HCL after 2D only fails against "Low" and "Bed" now, right? I don't remember seeing this against Ram-chan and Mister Chipp though, and I guess it's safe to confirm that HCL hits the opponent during ground dash as well, since I saw in one gameplay a Sol player being beaten while he was running.

I'm pretty damn sure I have everything updated now. Unless there are a few inbetween videos I saw as duplicates, I have pretty much everything. (And hey, even if I didn't the thread is STILL a better resource than that JP database, because i'm da bess)

I want to say I've actually seen 2D>HCL miss on some characters, but I don't remember where I saw it. I think it might miss on Sol now? I honestly can't say with any certainty.

I can confirm that it misses against Axl (again) and Bedman (at first I was really surprised, since he's the big character after Pot), against Sol and Faust it works (again like in the previous games), but I'm not sure about the rest of characters, I think it's something like this:

Works with: Sol, Faust, Ramlethal, May (yeah, I think I remember seeing it as well), Millia (less confident than with May, but I think it works with her too), Potemkin (... He's big), Chipp (same confidence as with Millia).

Not working with: Ky (not sure, but since he has one of the most smallest hitboxes at least in the previous games...), ZATO=ONE (same as Ky), Axl (same as before), I-No, Bedman, Venom (I don't remember any player using 2D against him in the first place, so i'll just assume so, for now), Slayer (dunno, but something tells me she can't against him).

I really don't know: Sin.

I'll try to confirm it whenever I have the chance. I think it can be really important, since now STBT will be probably only really useful after 5P, and it doesn't seem like it has any benefits if it's counted as a counter as well (maybe 2S if anything, but I haven't see any player trying this).

EDIT: So, it's about... The first time? We can actually see Dust I-No in the corner against a human being, also, just confirming we can actually do 6P>STBT>2S>HCL in this game as well (finally someone who knows this trick).

Oh goddammit, I forget that Jourdal sometimes does Xrd stuff. I'm leaving tomorrow, but when I get back I'll go over potentially months of uploads I missed lol.

I assume 6P>STBT>2S works on everyone, at least anyone not Pot or Bedman. Decent range in all honestly, though >stuff>6P>5H>IADj.K is probably going to continue to be the best meterless midscreen combo.

I-no dust combos are weird. It's pretty slow start up, but probably faster than it was in +R, so it should still have some use every now and then.

I think it's quite risky though, if anything, the best option would be just waiting for the opponent to recover and then do the new air throw, but if they don't recover, Dive P could actually work maybe.

HHHmmm... Haven't had a chance to play Xrd yet. Was reading the last page of this discussion though. In previous games when 2D HCL wiffs u simply swap it with 2S HCL and 2H while fishing for a counter hit. I would assume that still applies in Xrd? 

Also (again experience is from previous builds) u can jump install 6P STBT (2S)/(2D) HCL. 

Wait so (crouching opponent) 2k>2s>2hs>(S)STBT>HVL doesn't work anymore?

j.K > 2K often will allow things to combo that won't. for instance 2k 2s 2hs STBT doesn't work but it does if u put a j.K in front of it. ...or at least it does in +R

Chemical Love auto jump installs now. And as long as they're crouching, 2H>STBT should always work shouldn't it?

Still loving the usage STBT YRC gets in this game. Pressure, getting in, and even Anti Air's by air throwing during the super freeze. I'm going to whore that move out, I imagine. Also, seen some instances of characters ducking under Chemical Love and then Blitz Shielding the airdash attack right after. This would probably worry me if Ino HAD to attack after the dash, or if she didn't have delayable Dive's to work with.

At the start of the NOB vs 2rio match, 2rio does 2K>6P>STBT. NOB bursts the 6P and the STBT goes right under it. It even looks like S STBT distance (thought I could be wrong here). I wonder if it has a lower hurtbox, or if bursts aren't hitting as low as they look. 2K>6P>STBT could be a pretty decent route if it auto burst baits on people, and if you can get 5K/2S on a good percentage of the cast, that would make it better.

2rio uses Notes really well. Trying to do Note YRC>IAD SM, or Note YRC>Hover dash j.S>land>note hits things. Even a cute little combo against Utsuda with Note YRC>j.H>land>note hits>hoverdash j.S>continue.

edit: Useless Video thread things:

Now over 100 Sol videos, still only 8 Chipp videos.

~550 match videos in total. Horibuna JP archive has 367. So much for me making a 'half assed video thread'.

Assuming every match is ~ 3 minutes, and a fair amount of longer than that, there are ~27.5 hours of footage.

Chemical Love auto jump installs now. And as long as they're crouching, 2H>STBT should always work shouldn't it?

Still loving the usage STBT YRC gets in this game. Pressure, getting in, and even Anti Air's by air throwing during the super freeze. I'm going to whore that move out, I imagine. Also, seen some instances of characters ducking under Chemical Love and then Blitz Shielding the airdash attack right after. This would probably worry me if Ino HAD to attack after the dash, or if she didn't have delayable Dive's to work with.

At the start of the NOB vs 2rio match, 2rio does 2K>6P>STBT. NOB bursts the 6P and the STBT goes right under it. It even looks like S STBT distance (thought I could be wrong here). I wonder if it has a lower hurtbox, or if bursts aren't hitting as low as they look. 2K>6P>STBT could be a pretty decent route if it auto burst baits on people, and if you can get 5K/2S on a good percentage of the cast, that would make it better.

I-no could always do Burst yomi with H STBT since AC.

S STBT will be hit at the tail end of the Bursts active frames, but H STBT will go under and you will be free to whiff punish the burst. Of course 6P>H STBT does not combo so it is 100% Burst yomi. In +R you could FRC the first point to OS but that is not possible in Xrd.

But STBT HS last longer than that I think, unless now is a little more fast like Dive HS (about the same as +R though).

This reminds me that you can actually do 6P>STBT HS>stuff in EX Mode, it would have been cool but unfortunately is not something that the normal I-No can do.

I know you could do H STBT to go under bursts in older games. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but in #R, unless I do 6P>H STBT from point blank, I still get ht. In +R, doing it from the same setup has me getting hit as well, and I go way further than it looks like 2rio did. I could be wrong, It just looks different than it does compared to what I'm used to.

Maybe people should YRC STBT in reaction to the start up of the burst animation and throw the opponent's burst! ;x Maybe it's possible. It'd be satisfying though!

If you have 25-49% meter. you can just press the buttons to YRC and OS it so it comes out if they burst. If they don't, you don't spend meter at all.

Good, you can do 2D>HCL against Ram-chan as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffr_2F-KBA&feature=player_detailpage#t=682

You can't do it against another I-No including in +R as I thought, so I assume the same goes in Xrd.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJi8GPR8lg&feature=player_detailpage#t=3111

Not enough health lost, or maybe CH cancels the activation of "Hell Fire!"?

I-No wasn't in Hell Fire, Zato was.  He also only got hit by the last part of Desperation, and it was while he was so low on health that guts was kicking in at near full value.  I don't see anything wrong.  His drill wouldn't have gotten the Hell Fire buff since it only applies to supers, if that's what you were thinking?

Hellfire is only there when the character is in guts then? I thought you could have a little more health and still be in Hellfire, sorry if I was wrong.

Hellfire is active when your health is flashing, which seems to happen in the 15% neighborhood if you reset to neutral, or a little bit less (maybe 10%?) if you're still mid combo.

Guts activates around the 50% mark, though in past games it depended on how high your guts rating was (you'd see the effects kick in at 50% if you had guts 5), which was character dependent.  In Xrd, you might do a combo that takes away the first 50% of a person's health, then do it again for only 25%.  It's really front-end heavy now, and I don't know if it's as character dependent as before.  Eddie was one of the Guts 0 characters before, but even he takes significantly reduced damage when he's low on health in Xrd.

That said, I've seen 80% combos on Chipp in training mode footage from both I-No and Ramlethal.  We need more information on how defense and guts values work in Xrd, and we're not likely to get it before the console version comes out.  : (

I would say that the damage value is the same as it was in #R, I know well how just doing 6P>5HS>HCL is quite a good amount of damage done already.

Yeah, in Xrd guts seems way more stronger than before when the bar health is flashing, that's what I meant.