9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Anyone else notice this?  2rio tries to Longing Desperation out of a Zato unblockable and it looks like the start-up flat out gets stuffed by meaty drill-mine.  Was it already known that the overdrive is no longer invulnerable through to the active frames?  Would explain why I see it less in Xrd.   :(

that had me pretty mad when i saw it. maybe something to do with cinematic frames overlapping invul frames idk

Edit - just posted this in general discussion thread....

Just saw this today from 9/27/14 mikado 3v3.

https://www.youtube....sB9uqhA&t=3m47s

OSCA goes nuts with j.D FDC, whats interesting is that he also does j.D FDC empty jump low with 2k. Attacks immediately afterwards with no landing recovery whatsoever. looks absolutely sick. He was also comboing off of j.D FDC j.k; so it seems pretty unlikely that there should be any type of landing recovery after the j.D FDC at least, especially regarding the empty into low option.

I also saw a Sol player using the command throw against her just right after the end of the cinematic, I'm not sure if this in particular was also possible before though, since I've never fight against someone willing to do something like that when you're using one of the best reversals in the game.

I also saw a Sol player using the command throw against her just right after the end of the cinematic, I'm not sure if this in particular was also possible before though, since I've never fight against someone willing to do something like that when you're using one of the best reversals in the game.

Her reversal is not the beast it once was. I have seen Wild throw body it on many occasions

What the hell happened here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6DVAwneWU&feature=player_detailpage#t=3280

I know that If you do P Dive immediately in the air I-No doesn't jump, but you CAN'T hit the opponent with it when that happens, furthermore in that position I'm pretty sure she would have jumped again in the previous games.

The second j.236P was probably just low enough to hit, but also low enough that she landed the next frame.

Less than two months before people can actually test things! I'll get around to updating the video thread soon.

I might pick up I-no in Xrd, I wanted to know how do you exactly do the j.D FDC stuff? I'm trying in +R and I can't do it to save my life. I can cancel jumping j.D into FDC for a P4A like hop, but I can never do hover dash>j.S>j.D FDC>j.S (I assume that's how it is), how do I do it? Is there some trick or am I just bad?

Yeah, I had that problem at first too.  Can't galting into j.D and still be able to FDC it.  You can 'HD > j.D FDC', or 'j.S > dj.D FDC', or even 'j.K > j.S > j.D > dj.D FDC'.  In +R you can also carry momentum out of your HD to cross up out of j.S > j.D FDC, then air dash back into them since we can jump > double jump > airdash now.  That extra airdash improved our options in a lot of places.

On that note, apparently you remove the j.D's landing recovery in Xrd if you make contact with the opponent (ie j.D FDC > j.K, with j.K hit or blocked).  Prior to Xrd this wouldn't happen, so your meter efficient options with this technique were more limited.  It'll be just as hard to actually do in Xrd, but it'll be easier to make use of.

Also wanted to point out that if you don't have your burst (it's possible to j.D FDC with your burst stocked, it's just a lot tighter of an input), you can j.H + j.D > FDC for a nice OS.  Game attempts airthrow, and if it fails, you get j.D, which you FDC on the next frame (potentially going into whatever else).

I really like how different OSCA's and Hasegawa's play look. Hasegawa uses really simple stuff, short combos into KD and oki. OSCA is a bit more of a wild card; trickier stuff and more punishes from pokes and random hits. I like!

Her reversal is not the beast it once was. I have seen Wild throw body it on many occasions

Do you have a link for this happening? I've seen it before but want to use it for the Xrd I-no Guilty Bits episode.

So you can't fdc during a blockstring, gotcha, will try it out thanks guys  :)

Of course you can FDC during a blockstring. What are you confused about exactly?

I really like how different OSCA's and Hasegawa's play look. Hasegawa uses really simple stuff, short combos into KD and oki. OSCA is a bit more of a wild card; trickier stuff and more punishes from pokes and random hits. I like!

Hasegawa is super boring imo, Though I do like OSCA's playstyle in Xrd rather than +R. Actually I liked Hasegawa's +R playstyle more (played under tokoino). Turio is still trying to find his footing with I-no in this game and his win rate is hovering around 50%, but hands down U-zen is my favorite right now. He is totally my style/who my play resembles the most.

As far as I know, that super was never throw-invul anyway.  It also started 2 frames after the flash in AC/+R, so it's possible to VV through it on reaction.

So we're getting some tutorial vids from that Maximillian Dude, and we're getting new Guilty Bits?  Sweet.  Looks like Xrd is going to have a lot of community support at launch.

Of course you can FDC during a blockstring. What are you confused about exactly?

Well, what I meant is that as I understood, you can't do HD>j.S>j.D FDC>j.S, it has to be HD>j.S>JC j.D FDC>j.S

Or you can FDC during the first one? Because I've gotten the second one a couple of times, but the first one is pretty impossible for me. Also is this easier on Xrd or is it the same?

Well, what I meant is that as I understood, you can't do HD>j.S>j.D FDC>j.S, it has to be HD>j.S>JC j.D FDC>j.S

Or you can FDC during the first one? Because I've gotten the second one a couple of times, but the first one is pretty impossible for me. Also is this easier on Xrd or is it the same?

You got it right. You can't do it straight out of a blockstring without doing a jump cancel into a raw j.D. As for Xrd, I haven't played i-no but it sure seems easier to do than before.

You mean the crossup j.D FDC j.S > Sdive?  Or how Sdive slides a little bit now and caused her to cross under the Burst?

Ky wasn't in the corner.  Fortunately, it seems like using j.D FDC causes you to turn around faster than if you Hover Dash over someone or IAD over them, so your crossup options are pretty good that way (rather than being stuck with only j.K > Fortissimo, or j.K > HCL FRC if it was AC, though in +R you could airdash back toward them after a crossup because of the extra air options).

OSCA training mode at about 39 minutes in. http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/583051328

SM still causes her to move higher in the air, right? I want to say doing it from an airdash keeps her at the same height as before she inputted the command grab.

I also wonder how normalized TK H Dive combos are. If we can get multiple TK H Dives in one combo on everyone, it'd be a nice corner combo option for meter. I do remember on the training mode I recorded, OSCA did like 3? on Ky.

(Just over a month away.)

Yeah, normally I'd only go for those combos off of a prorated starter, but her damage looks pretty good overall in Xrd (especially considering we don't need HCL FRC which prorates meter gain), so I don't know when I'd go for it.  I remember seeing Hdive combo into Hdive which is pretty ****ing cool, but I also remember that combo not doing as much damage as her usual Pdive loop stuff.

Then again, with how scary I-No's tools are with YRC, it might be worth it to forgo damage early in a round and get 70% meter from one combo.  That way we could either spend it on a big combo if meterless oki is successful, or spend it on VCL YRC oki 2-3 times in a row.

Or maybe it'll be viable to go into a Pdive loop that ends in Sdive wallbounce, and instead of doing 6H > HCL > D, maybe 5P > c.S > TK Hdive will work for knockdown.  The damage probably wouldn't be that much lower, but we'd get maybe 5% more meter off of that, and about 15% more if we can sneak in another TK Hdive without sacrificing knockdown (at this point it might cost us meterless oki options, but if we're building meter for VCL YRC it wont matter).  *Shrug*  Kind of pointless to speculate on that kind of thing right now though.

Although...  I do use Hdive in meterless corner push combos on heavies already in +R.  If we get the spacing right at mid screen that might work for Xrd, and might also be easier than 6P > 5H > IAD j.K.  Even though people don't use her f.S in combos in Xrd, I bet that would help get the spacing just right for it to work, assuming weight/hitbox allows it.

Some relevant information such as start up on moves, gatling chart, and static differences on moves can be found here. They also have values for recovery frames from aerial moves and properties of specials and supers.

Edit: Full frame data table here. Link in original post was of the character profile.

Yo, H STBT is +3?  There are some differences in things compared to the Kedako/Ruu stuff, though I'm sure some of those are my fault.

VCL is -4 now. Still unsafe, but less so than +R. 2P is also definitely +3 now. HCL follow up is +3.

It says 632146H is still strike invincible from frames 1-13.

4game also put together a small combo video. Which reminds me, we're going to need a combo thread soon, and someone to fully translate all this stuff.

(I hate how they showed her Gatling routes. It looks confusing to me.)

Ground throw is 45 pixels, air is 115. If I'm understanding it correctly, holy shit. And SM has 130 pixel range.

Yo, H STBT is +3? There are some differences in things compared to the Kedako/Ruu stuff, though I'm sure some of those are my fault.

VCL is -4 now. Still unsafe, but less so than +R. 2P is also definitely +3 now. HCL follow up is +3.

It says 632146H is still strike invincible from frames 1-13.

4game also put together a small combo video. Which reminds me, we're going to need a combo thread soon, and someone to fully translate all this stuff.

(I hate how they showed her Gatling routes. It looks confusing to me.)

Ground throw is 45 pixels, air is 115. If I'm understanding it correctly, holy shit. And SM has 130 pixel range.

So what you are saying is I-No has an air buster? Lol