9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

When you say launched opponent, I'm thinking you launched them into the air with 6p in that context. So you can't just imply a launched character was an AA 6p hit on an already airborne character imo.

about the 6P > S.STBT not connecting on airborne opponents, this has a lot more to do with the properties of 6P than anything else. 6P on a grounded opponent is untechable, that's why it's possible (on most characters) to do 6P > S.STBT. Not so on an air hit, opponents will be able to tech before STBT actually hits. 

Started the combo thread. Mostly just a skeleton with a few random combos thrown in. Once console hits and we can actually try things it, it'll probably fill up somewhat quickly. And we can find out what character specific things there are. I suppose it's a good thing that a lot of the combos you can see used seem to be fairly universal.

Any suggestions on how to write out the HCL follow up? I used '~Follow-Up' in the combo thread, but that's obviously subject to change. Before, people have done 'HCL~VCL', but whatever is fine.

"DCL" or "~D" works for me.  VCL might be confusing because "am I doing regular VCL or doing the follow up to HCL?"  Since they have different stats (~D does 25 damage IIRC, whereas VCL does 40), I feel like they should be labeled differently.

Momentum transfer form H STBT YRC is fucking crazy. A Hoverdash j.D from it covers like 75% of the screen.

I-no's 6H Clashes with Axl's Low angled chain from his stance.

2k > 2s > hcl > yrc > airdash in is a thing! it's almost as if i was playing with FRC's again! For the hell of me though, I can't seem to adjust to airdash timing after YRC's yet.

You can be grabbed on reaction if Longing Depression is done within normal throw range, after the super freeze/cutscene. Woop. Feels like I-no can be hit really soon after it too.

It's weird how early you can RC Chemical Love. You cancel it before anything is on the screen, and then the projectile just comes from nowhere. You can even have both VCL and HCL on the screen at the same time, or two at once. Not going to have any use to do that, but yeah.

I switched to stick when I switched mains to I-No, but even in AC/+R she was considered relatively pad friendly.  I think Mynus plays pad.

Also, I'm checking it now and it looks like j.D FDC completely removes the landing recovery whether you make contact with the other player or not.  This wasn't the case when I played the E3 build.  It also looks like using j.D FDC after a regular j.D (like say you go for j.D mixup which they block, so you jump cancel into j.D FDC) seems to remove the landing recovery even though you did a complete j.D in there.  This is insane for mixup potential.

Also, you can dash out of HCL/VCL YRC/RC, but you can't jump after them...  it doesn't work like the JI we're used to.  I also can't seem to JI out of a single jump cancelable normal... I experimented with options out of 6P > c.S > JI'd sj.S > sj.H > VCL > j.D > dj.H > VCL in +R (being flashy vs May in the corner), but I can't get a double jump out of a super jump from 6P > c.S.  You can still do stuff like c.S > JI > 6P > c.S > sj.S > dj.S though.

*Edit*  Profound sadness.  You can't clairvoyant burst throw from non jump cancelable grounded normals with SM because it takes 18 frames to go active.  It might be possible if they're a frame late, but the training mode options only allow you to make the CPU burst immediately.  You can't delay burst, and we lost the delay tech functionality too.  : (

The range on this thing is pretty big though.

I switched to stick when I switched mains to I-No, but even in AC/+R she was considered relatively pad friendly. I think Mynus plays pad.

What are these lies? Lol pad I-no in AC/+R you would need to be a Demi-God to play at a high level.

I have never played on pad, -stick all the way. I'm from NYC Chinatown fair, all I know is arcade man.

If you played i-no on pad, you sir are a warrior.

Comboing after S Dive feels awkward at times. I've got to get used to this.

IK Combo wise, she feels pretty limited from what I've tried. >6P>5H>IADj.K>j.S>VCL>land>j.S>j.H>P DIVE RC>land>IKActivate>IK works on some characters, but is a little tight.

Apparently I'm a demi-god, cool!

Pad I-No at high level is doable, but it's hard. Mastering 6FRC6 timings on pad took me years, basically. (i'm saying getting to a point where you're over 80-90% success rate in matches, here's me playing from a couple weeks ago, all on pad http://youtu.be/yEHJbiIhIeY?t=19m52s

One thing I absolutely love about Xrd is the simplified chemical love input. 6696 VCL is SO much easier now! Altough, goddamn VCL's vertical range suuuucks :gonk:

Edit: oh also, I forgot to mention: I do everything without any macros

I knew there were a few people here that played pad, including one of the more revered players.  If it's not Mynus, then it might be Honnou or Buckles/Pestilence.

So many little differences that muck things up, but overall the windows for things are easier.  I was pretty bad at the IAD combos before so I generally just went with the 6FRC6 stuff because I had that down, but now I can get the sjIAD combos pretty well.

Sdive wallbounce changes timing.  VCL recovery changes timing.  STBT-S sucks, and STBT-H works (only on CH goddammit) but is restrictive on what you can do combared to AC STBT-S and +R STBT-H.  Can't combo out of TK Kdive or Sdive on a grounded opponent even when spending meter because of knockdown.  j.H actually connects when done quickly out of HD now, which can throw off mixup with 2K (probably more ambiguous than before for the defender).  Overall things feel pretty good though.

Though I swear some things were different from the E3 build.  You could dash cancel 6H's second hit before, but now you can only special cancel it.  And of course there's the recovery with j.D FDC thing.  I'm going to play with that so much...  I'm also just a tad disappointed because it doesn't seem to work with Ramlethal, and I kinda figured she'd have j.D FDC shenanigans considering the way her j.D works.  Oh well.

So anyway, since my buddy helped me out and I'm able to play Xrd early, what do we need work done on first?  The combo thread?  The wiki?  What do people want to see?

*Edit edit *  Holding back when doing j.H out of HD helps prevent j.H from connecting, so there's that.  : )  Never mind, it's the standard "wait a few frames while falling before pushing the button" thing.