9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Shit! I said I wasn't going to give away tech, but I just could not help myself. 

So after reading that people are doing too much for I-No's IAD combo, I decided to come help my fellow I-No players out. 

;)

Anyway if you do 99 on the last active frames of 5HS you will get the IAD easier. Now this doesn't work on the whole cast because some legs are STILL missing. *coughs* Sol

I noticed you have to super jump IAD on characters like Sol to get the combo more consistently. 

I hope this helps. If you already knew this then I suck. lol

My personal way of doing it is just buffering the SJ during 5H hitstun since the window is huge then pretty much mashing 66 as it ends :v:

you also can just normal jump iad it like a few people have said but in my experience (even in +R) SJ'ing makes it more consistent especially from like max 2k range. 

yes Vosetri it was jK jS, I edited, thanks! :)

Indeed,  without SJ you can't hit on Sol or Faust if i remember correctly.

So I tried with SJ, i looks like i get more luck when i'm facing left. when I go right she does SJIAD and then she keep doing Kdive. I must do that like a jackass.  gotta try another method.

I really want to learn this combo, since the VCL YRC pressure seems crazy, I need to save max tension in order to do that. HCL combos are nice and easy (now) but 50% is expensive.

The super jump tip for the IAD combos was good. I wish I could do these consistently because shes a pretty cool character. Any more tips would be amazing. 

Quick question: What are all of the high level movement options OSCA is using in this vid? Just started taking I-no seriously after 10 years of playing everyone else and I wanna make sure I know how to move this well with this character.

The FD cancelling thing and the almost immediate air dash from a regular air dash into FFCL is especially badass and would be great to add to her arsenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7FRiarvBSY&list=UUNS7KzXpV2VFJZw_sB9uqhA

As people told me yesterday you got 66[3] as a dash and hop, the longer you hold 3 the further/higher you go. Guys here are saying for crossup VCL or ambiguous VCL YRC is the best starter, can be done after hard knockdown as oki. I would of thought you can do it from note aswell. 

Then she has 66[9]56 for the dash in IAD. You have to go from 6 to 9 and hold for a certain amount of time before you can IAD. I'm not sure of the minimum amount of time.

Edit:

Bad information removed. Apologies.

OSCA plays around A LOT with j.D FDC, which is a really good move now that it doesn't have landing recovery. He uses it in many situations to change the momentum of a jump into j.D's momentum, but the faultless defense cancels the j.D itself, just keeping the momentum change. He can stop himself from rising further in the ascending phase of a jump for a very quick and unexpected overhead after a jump cancel from a 5P or c.S, or delay landing after a descending phase of a jump to linger longer in the air to make your opponent think you're going into a overhead but going low after landing. There are many more uses to this technique. You can do it by doing j.D from air neutral and immediately input faultless defense before the j.D actually comes out. Watch out though, if you have your burst, this technique gets a lot harder to use because you'll have a much higher chance of just gold bursting out of nowhere if you mistime it.

Is anyone else excited as I am for some tech traps with her new command throw? I haven't figured out setups with it yet but man, that shit looks like it's going to be awesome making some hard reads. 

command grab is janky at best. It's got huge startup and is incredibly unsafe. Honestly, i'd rather go for guaranteed knockdown instead of banking everything on a move that gets punished hard by a simple delayed tech.

OSCA plays around A LOT with j.D FDC, which is a really good move now that it doesn't have landing recovery. He uses it in many situations to change the momentum of a jump into j.D's momentum, but the faultless defense cancels the j.D itself, just keeping the momentum change. He can stop himself from rising further in the ascending phase of a jump for a very quick and unexpected overhead after a jump cancel from a 5P or c.S, or delay landing after a descending phase of a jump to linger longer in the air to make your opponent think you're going into a overhead but going low after landing. There are many more uses to this technique. You can do it by doing j.D from air neutral and immediately input faultless defense before the j.D actually comes out. Watch out though, if you have your burst, this technique gets a lot harder to use because you'll have a much higher chance of just gold bursting out of nowhere if you mistime it.

Is there a tutorial or something somewhere that explains FD canceling? I can find explanations of what it does, but I can't find anything on how to do it.

As people told me yesterday you got 66[3] as a dash and hop, the longer you hold 3 the further/higher you go. Guys here are saying for crossup VCL or ambiguous VCL YRC is the best starter, can be done after hard knockdown as oki. I would of thought you can do it from note aswell. 

Then she has 66[9]56 for the dash in IAD. You have to go from 6 to 9 and hold for a certain amount of time before you can IAD. I'm not sure of the minimum amount of time.

You link an hour vid with no time. So I'll assume your talking about cancelling dash/Airdash with FD. I thought every character had this. 

Wait, canceling airdashes with FD?  You can't cancel active dash frames into FD in prior games, though you could SB during them.  Is this new to Xrd or am I not understanding what you're saying?

You can start to FD out of hoverdash though, assuming you're past the 8-9 frames of startup.

Is there a tutorial or something somewhere that explains FD canceling? I can find explanations of what it does, but I can't find anything on how to do it.

You can do it by doing j.D from air neutral and immediately input faultless defense before the j.D actually comes out

Wait, canceling airdashes with FD?  You can't cancel active dash frames into FD in prior games, though you could SB during them.  Is this new to Xrd or am I not understanding what you're saying?

You can start to FD out of hoverdash though, assuming you're past the 8-9 frames of startup.

No your right, I'm talking about recovery frames, atleast in Johnnys case for the crazy step dash.

But I could of sworn you could stop SOME things with FD again maybe I am thinking of slashback. Its been such a long time since i'v played any fighters. 

command grab is janky at best. It's got huge startup and is incredibly unsafe. Honestly, i'd rather go for guaranteed knockdown instead of banking everything on a move that gets punished hard by a simple delayed tech.

The main way I have been using it is after blockstrings.

At first I was having trouble in Xrd because I-No's ground pressure seemed very nerfed to me, STBT never seemed like a good option and frame trapping with HCL was super risky because so many things avoid it now.

My main thing to do after a block string was just cancel into note, or nothing.

The problem with that was my opponents would keep IADing in on me, punishing/trading with note and pressuring me on block, so I started to incorporate SM after blockstrings on opponents I knew liked to jump at me and it has been working out quite well. I feel like I can use it rarely enough that I don't get punished for it much but often enough that I can make my opponents respect my pressure more so I can hoverdash cancel, get them to block notes more etc and get pressure more akin to what I am used to from XXAC.

As for those IAD combos, my way to do them has been to buffer the superjump during 5HS then buffer 6[6] during that and time the j.K

Edit: And I do hoverdash > air dash as just 6666

Not sure if anyone said this already. You can just input 3696 for super jump instant air dash combos. That's the most consistent way for me at least.

Thanks for reminding me.... I really should know this. Its part of the way you cancel charge moves into each other. 

I assume you need neutral aswell? 36956?

Not sure if anyone said this already. You can just input 3696 for super jump instant air dash combos. That's the most consistent way for me at least.

Ok. I could do it consistently the normal way I was doing it on the right side. This just helped me get it on the left. On to the next tough execution problem she has T__T

I tried every tips on this page and for some reason i cant do it facing right. Facing left is ok though o_o

3696 is good for sJIAD but she ALWAYS kdive for me.

That's the thing with super jumps. I-no has j.236 motions, so if you do a sloppy input you'll just get those You need to either not hit 2 when doing that motion, or just do 2~9 for the super jump. Have to get it clean and you need to practice!

Literally no use to do this, but if you do an S Dive for a Homing Dash combo in the corner and cross up, they keep the hitstun/gravity sort of effect they would have in the corner. i.e. 5D>6>S Dive, but you need to dash a bit to I-no gets higher up.

The only stuff it allows is just slightly weird, low damage things. 5P knocks down if it hits before the original gravity starts back up, and you can do like 5P>2H and it's just silly.

Pointless, but woo.

Huh, this is so weird.  Desperation has the 80% prorate now, which sucks.  I'm testing it with cranked RISC and when I do it raw, it hits for 50/39/39, but if I combo I get the 50/50/50.  Prorate 80% should do 40 damage for the 2nd and 3rd hit if RISC is cranked, not 39.  I noticed some odd discrepancies in damage before when finding guts values.  I wonder what's up with this...  it's going to make it hard to figure out damage scaling.

*Edit*  Right, this also confirms that a prorate applies to the rest of the move if a move is multi-hit.  Really sucks for our ground super.  If you're going to start a combo from dizzy, start with Fortissimo.

I was at my wits end and was thinking of giving either up on I-no or Xrd itself. But I decided that it's still technically week one and it's to early to call it quits. This is my first guilty gear I've played so I understand I won't be good right away.

I I'm glad you guys are posting about the instant airdash combos I just thought I had to jump and dash really fast but I see it's an input.

I've been watching some Japanese footage and I see that the Japanese I-no have figured out this amazing Setplay where after a combo they dash and air dash into S Chemical love right on the opponents wake and this force's them to block the next mix up. I figure learning this is essential to playing I-no because Setplay can turn matches around. I wanted know wats the easiest way to go into thus setup if any of you can do it. I tried 4444 but on a standard pad that is next to impossible to input fast enough. And I haven't learned to use a stick yet.