9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Not to leave the I-no army, Cuz damn theres a lot of us online but I'm going to probably be playing Leo whitefang. I 've just come to the conclusion thatguilty gear isn't for every one. You guys may say she's easy but that's only because you all are used to playing her hardcore in +R so I understand why you would say that but overall it's a hard game and regardless of how she used to be a first time player of guilty gear period would struggle.

Hopefully Leo is easy with no character specifics. I hate that I won't be learning her but fresh meat like me gotta start where I can. I will continue to play her a bit just for fun but I won't spend much time learning her anymore.

I may comeback to her later but for now I hope you allstars reck Sols, Rams, Sins,Elphelts, and Zatos for me.

Btw I see a lot of I-no online so if you see a KonannFriends I-no or Leo it will be me but who are you all?

Fundamentals are more important than combos. Knowing your normals and specials like the back of your hand, what they do and when to use them, etc. will take you a lot further than just trying to churn out a handful of combos. Those fundamentals will then lend an easier time to learning combos. Start with a few global BnBs; you don't need to know the difficult, super-optimized combos. Consistency will always be better. Doing a small combo that leads into oki 100% of the time is better than dropping a longer combo midway through and getting punished for it. I have a lot to learn as well, so if you stick it out with us you'll only get better. Gotta start somewhere after all.

Fundamentals are more important than combos. Knowing your normals and specials like the back of your hand, what they do and when to use them, etc. will take you a lot further than just trying to churn out a handful of combos. Those fundamentals will then lend an easier time to learning combos. Start with a few global BnBs; you don't need to know the difficult, super-optimized combos. Consistency will always be better. Doing a small combo that leads into oki 100% of the time is better than dropping a longer combo midway through and getting punished for it. I have a lot to learn as well, so if you stick it out with us you'll only get better. Gotta start somewhere after all.

Coming from other fighters I can't agree more with this, fundamentals and knowing how the game works are the most important things, I'm new to GG and overall the airdash genre so I'm still learning myself. With that said, I'm having issues learning how to defend against pressure (Millia and Zato specially) without a reversal like a dp, think I'm way too spoiled with my invincible shoryukens and stuff like that. Any tips on how you deal with this as I-no?

And since we're mentioning fundamentals here, what are some of the core things I should be looking forward to work on when it comes to the neutral game, how to approach my opponent or open them up? Or like, what are some of the basics or fundamentals every good I-no player should have?

So a good way to do j.D fdc when you have a burst available is to hold 2 buttons, do j.D, then tap back.  You can hide the button holds in a variety of ways.  If you want to do j.d>fdc off a jump cancel you can do the jump cancellable normal, hold that button and quickly hold another button, jump, do j.D, then tap back.  

nice tech!

Beside input priority, FD and a jump canceld normal we can hide the two buttons even during an empty HD (HD>AD), IAD

Hold the two buttons just after you entered the last 6 of your HD or IAD

The HD one is easy, while for the IAD the window is quite small so you must enter the two buttons almost as soon as you hit 6 (but 6 need to be inputted first!)

I'm trying to learn the FFVLC, but I don't know how to notice if I do it well or not... I-no doesn't look like falling fast, she is just very low on the ground for me :P

I'm trying to learn the FFVLC, but I don't know how to notice if I do it well or not... I-no doesn't look like falling fast, she is just very low on the ground for me :P

back yourself up in the corner away from the dummy in training and do an airdash. There's basically 3 things that can happen with VCL I've noticed off an airdash:

If you do an IAD and VCL as soon as possible, she floats a tiny bit in the air. This is not FFVCL. If you do VCL at the end of an air dash, this is even worse as you'll notice she bounces up a bit and then falls down, you don't want to do this at all.

The FFVCL window is basically not as early as possible, but also not as late, it is somewhere in the later half of the air dash. Say if the airdash is 15f long (I'm just guessing here) the FFVCL window would be between frames 9-13 to give an idea of when to do it. Just keep trying it and you'll notice if you do it right, she drops considerably to the ground. 

Perfect, thx... I was trying to do it from a HD, which doesn't seems to be possible :p

Now I can pull it off :)

So, does this tech is safe against some Wake up option or not ? :p

Coming from other fighters I can't agree more with this, fundamentals and knowing how the game works are the most important things, I'm new to GG and overall the airdash genre so I'm still learning myself. With that said, I'm having issues learning how to defend against pressure (Millia and Zato specially) without a reversal like a dp, think I'm way too spoiled with my invincible shoryukens and stuff like that. Any tips on how you deal with this as I-no?

And since we're mentioning fundamentals here, what are some of the core things I should be looking forward to work on when it comes to the neutral game, how to approach my opponent or open them up? Or like, what are some of the basics or fundamentals every good I-no player should have?

I'll try my best to answer the basics. As far as the Millia/Zato thing goes, you have to be the first one to start the pressure because I-No doesn't have very many defensive options. You have a reversal super so you could try and instant-block until you have enough meter to get out. Making sure Eddie stays dead and Millia has trouble getting her pin back should make your life a little easier if you can do it safely. She does, however, have a pretty good neutral game with Antidepressant Scale (which is going to be something you'll be using quite a bit both for oki and trying to open them up) and pretty good normals (except far slash, which is ehh). Ultimately your gameplan is to score a knockdown. This is the gameplan for most characters obviously but I-No has a ton of tools to pressure people heavily. Unlike most fighting games, even though it's dangerous/suicidal to jump in the air (such as SF4), airdashers are more lenient. I-No has great air normals as well so you can approach from both the ground or the air. Check out the wiki for more information, Bob and I been updating it heavily the past couple days. We'll continue to update it so check back often. 

Man, it's a lot easier to connect IAD j.K after 5H when you do the input as 1956.  At least for the challenge combo.

Man, it's a lot easier to connect IAD j.K after 5H when you do the input as 1956.  At least for the challenge combo.

that's what ive been doing this whole time was about to post lol.

Srry bout this

I would try to play offline a lot more (if you can) ino isnt very fun online in xrd in my opinion,especially when your trying to learn. its always cool to take a break tho.

Hello, I've been learning a bit of I-no in xrd. I've been watching a few videos of hasegawa and osca and after reading this thread I have a few questions.

For hover dash cancelable normals, what is the input for it? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I've been just doing (hover dash cancelable normal ) > 66 j.K/j.S/etc.

I've seen fast-fall VCL used a lot (especially against potemkin), is there +frames when ffVCL is used or are players just conditioned/respecting the YRC on the VCL and don't expect it?

I apologize if these have been asked/answered before. Thanks!

If you hoverdash cancel, she'll say something when the dash starts.

The recovery from cancelling doesn't seem huge (the dash certainly happens after special cancelling would have).

Just to add my opinion to an earlier question too, I-No is really strong in this version.  Maybe not "the best" but certainly strong.

If you hoverdash cancel, she'll say something when the dash starts.

The recovery from cancelling doesn't seem huge (the dash certainly happens after special cancelling would have).

Is that when she says "Ain't i a peach?" 

Is that when she says "Ain't i a peach?" 

Nope, I use JP voices though.

JP it's Madamada, Korosu or something else that I forgot, depending on the voice set.

EDIT: Eng voice is awful.  "MERRY CHRISTMAS."... just... ugh.  I do laugh at missed Sterilization Method though...  "...SHIT."

"Merry Christmas"?  I actually like a couple of the Eng dub voices, but I'm going to have to stick to JP just because I-No says the stupidest shit at the stupidest times.  "Don't just stand there" on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING STBT.  Do game designers even realize that the brain reacts to sound faster than light?  Johnny might say "Fly Away" every time he uses his 5D in one voice set, but at least he says it right when it goes active to keep from giving the mixup away.  And don't get me started on the "DON'T TOUCH ME" when I-No techs.  That should be a Dead Angle thing, not something you hear constantly.  :vbang:

You realize she says the exact same thing in Japanese right? (excluding the Merry Christmas bit). Now you know how the Japanese have felt for all of these years. On STBT, she actually says in JP "Don't stand up!" lol. 

A character could actually yell out "Overhead!" and ppl would still get hit hahaha.

You realize she says the exact same thing in Japanese right? (excluding the Merry Christmas bit). Now you know how the Japanese have felt for all of these years. On STBT, she actually says in JP "Don't stand up!" lol. 

A character could actually yell out "Overhead!" and ppl would still get hit hahaha.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T TOUCH ME!" -Every Rise combo ever in Persona 4 Ultimax

ArcSys started doing the "hold start to pause so you don't accidentally DQ yourself" thing with this game.  Why didn't they also use the "don't always use the same voice clip in the same place" idea?

"Don't stand up." 

:v:

I'm going to be laughing at this one for a while.  I-No is such a jerk.

This happens in real life too though.  You've never done that? :)

"overhead" *hit*...

The rest of them I knew about.  The Merry Christmas localization choice is... odd.  Like people don't get presents for anything else.

LET'S BE FAIR NOW, it *IS* anime, and it wouldn't be anime if you weren't gloriously telegraphing your attack with your words.

At least it's not as bad as Rise's j5B. "HERE'S A STRONG ONE! HERE'S A STRONG ONE! HERE'S A STRONG ONE!" 

Anyone have a list of the ENG VAs for Xrd? I'm just wondering who the actress is for I-no because I haven't heard any of the ENG voices yet.

I think only the original VA's are listed in the game's credits, and then the localization company is listed.  So far I think whoever plays Faust has posted on his Twitter about his performance (I forget who it is).  Otherwise I don't know if anyone has been officially confirmed.

Ok, so I was actually in the lab with her the majority of the morning and in knew I loved her for a reason. I vacant say she's execution heavy because honestly I think it's the game itself. Now, I come back here to find out about some fast falling VCL? Wtf is this! Lol I know about instant air sultry performances and do those know problem.

Hey, so I'm noticing something really ****ing odd in training mode.  I'm on Axl's stage, not sure if that matters.

I have Millia backed into the left corner.  Using HCL on her while she's idle sometimes results in HCL not hitting.  I'm double checking my inputs and I'm not accidentally TKing the move or anything.  The beam just passes right through her torso, and I-No's thigh passes right through her head.  Seems really easy to reproduce if you do 663 to over dash at her and use HCL once just above where it would hit her.  Now land and HCL again.  The beam passes through her a couple of times.  I think there's a zone that's maybe 1-pixel wide where she wont get hit, if you push her as far into the corner as possible.  If I use HCL a couple of times it'll eventually hit, but the funny thing is that I can VCL and hit her, then after she gets back up HCL will still whiff.  If someone wants to check this on other stages and with other characters that'd be great, but I'll eventually get to it.  We have way better options to use when were at touch distance in the corner anyway, but it's still good to know that HCL doesn't work in this context.

By the way, this stage is pretty.  : )

*Edit*  Looks like one of the billboards is some magical girl thing that I think has Platinum's weapon.