9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

on the topic of voices I love Kikuko Inoue's voice too much to ever switch to the eng voices lol.

her system voice is amazing as well

Who is likely to keep our matchup threads updated?

I really want some advice on the Faust matchup so I'm anxious waiting for the threads to go up haha.

His hurtbox is just going under absolutely everything though....

HCL? I've stopped trying, it wont work, he is either low profiling it or using far S which is basically a special cancellable HCL anyway, but much faster.

I seem to get nothing for any hit that isn't point blanc unless I can sweep, but his hurtbox even seems to make it whiff from closer ranges than other characters.

66j.K even whiffs straight over crouching Faust which has got me punished on oki setups multiple times.

I'm just lost in this matchup and looking for some advice, I had nowhere near as much trouble with pre-Xrd I-No in this matchup.

Yeah, I need help against Ram.  Man it's like running a marathon fighting her. It seems like you really have to be on your A game always. I-no has to work so hard against her and Ram just snaps her fingers and does insane dmg and pressure.  Maybe I am just bad but 1 little slip up is death lol.

-HCL, she can easily just duck under and punish.  When you use anti-pressent she can easily punish with swords on reaction, they are dodgeable but sometimes it's just rough. Try to get in with dash or a hover mixup and Ram can AA you.  You can bait the AA but it's like gambling. It's like she has all the answers against I-no and you really have to mix things up to gain anything.

We'll all work on matchup threads once we've had some experience with actual matchups.  It's a little early in the game's life span to have good feedback.  I've only gotten 1-2 friendlies against Ram and Faust so far, and with Ram being a new character the guy didn't know what he was doing either.

For Faust... I guess the general idea is to either 6P through his ranged hitboxes where you can, STBT under them, or if he's using moves that beat STBT, jump and delay dive after he whiffs something.  The problem is that his hitboxes are so good that he can wait and react to you by pressing buttons, so you have to pressure him enough to keep him acting in anticipation of what you're doing.  Run away where possible and use notes to make him block.  Once he's committing to stopping that, he has to push buttons, and you can then use stuff that beats what he's pressing.  If you score a knockdown, try your best to win off of it.  : P

Man, that Sparrow Hawk Stance tutorial is ****ing dumb for I-No.  It looks like every option either leads to trading knockdowns or getting hit.

We'll all work on matchup threads once we've had some experience with actual matchups.  It's a little early in the game's life span to have good feedback.  I've only gotten 1-2 friendlies against Ram and Faust so far, and with Ram being a new character the guy didn't know what he was doing either.

For Faust... I guess the general idea is to either 6P through his ranged hitboxes where you can, STBT under them, or if he's using moves that beat STBT, jump and delay dive after he whiffs something.  The problem is that his hitboxes are so good that he can wait and react to you by pressing buttons, so you have to pressure him enough to keep him acting in anticipation of what you're doing.  Run away where possible and use notes to make him block.  Once he's committing to stopping that, he has to push buttons, and you can then use stuff that beats what he's pressing.  If you score a knockdown, try your best to win off of it.  : P

Man, that Sparrow Hawk Stance tutorial is ****ing dumb for I-No.  It looks like every option either leads to trading knockdowns or getting hit.

Divekicks have pretty much been my answer, not that he doesn't have plenty of anti airs but whiff punishing has been my main in. Killing him once I'm in is my goal, but it seems all he has to do is FD one hit of one mixup and I'm too far out of range to confirm into any damage. So I've just been going for pressure resets with hoverdash/STBT but I'm finding I have to "get in" on Faust a good 2/3 times per round unless I manage to corner him in one hitconfirm.

As for that Sparrohawk mission, I literally just crouch blocked, ducked under the 2nd last one then hoverdash > airdash j.S gets it done.

You can duck under the 2nd hit and do a low jump>dive (not TK) to hit the edge of the low chain. If it misses and he continues doing them after that, you're in range for HCL.

I-no's 6P can beat Faust f.S.  Max range CH 6P RC into a combo too. Max range as in f.S would whiff but 6P still hits it.

Stupid combo: Mid range CH 6P>Note RC>HD j.S>dj.S>note hits>stupid

ALSO YOOOO. CH 6P>H STBT RC (early on for momentum boost.) into holy shit distance. I hope something amazing comes from this. The hoverdash goes from 2P start position to 1P corner.

edit: Start positions, Faust backdash + slight walk back so f.S is just outside of being able to hit.

CH 6P > H STBT RC > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > VCL > land > j.S > dj.P > dj.S > dj.H > VCL~Follow Up is 135 

If you get it close enough you can wall dive loop some.\_sj.S > sj.H > P Dive > 66 > j.H > P Dive> land > Note 138.  Not too much damage, but hey, fuck Faust!

just started learning I-NO besides combos i guessed work before i actually owned a copy. I imagine most of I-NO's combos are off of IADs right? I can't seem to get the timing quite right. Do you delay it slightly after the 5HS hits? Seems sometimes she doesn't IAD even when i do the inputs which means i'm probably jumping too early. Trying to understand this before i move on to more stuff.

Hmm I'm trying to get the 

knockdown > hoverdash > dash > meaty FFVCL

oki down

but im having trouble getting it consistently. sometimes the airdash comes out and sometimes it just doesn't. am I missing something?

A late air tech is supposed to beat SM setups right? Hasegawa came up with a YRC option select (under 50 meter) to beat late techs.

In the corner against Sol: dash S, cl.S 6P 5HS IAD j.S (YRC) j.H, cl.S VCL, cl.S jc j.S j.H P-dive etc.

Of course 6P 5HS IAD j.S doesn't normally combo. Against late techs IAD j.S will black beat but the rest of the combo after j.S is untechable. If the opponent techs early, the whiffed j.S will get YRCed and you can react to your own YRC and grab them with SM. Actually I think you can just input the 214H whether they tech or not because you can't cancel into SM on hit, so you don't have to worry about getting the hit on a late tech and ruining your combo with a whiffed SM.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but the way I do it is IAD j.S [P+S+HS], which does j.S -> j.HS if they didn't tech and a whiffed j.S -> YRC if they teched. You can't use K in your YRC because you'll get a j.S -> j.K gatling which you don't want. Can other people test this? 

Hmm I'm trying to get the 

knockdown > hoverdash > dash > meaty FFVCL

oki down

but im having trouble getting it consistently. sometimes the airdash comes out and sometimes it just doesn't. am I missing something?

It has a certain height requirement so you might just be doing it too low to the ground, i've found the range better by just doing 66566 on a standing Sol in training to see where that height requirement is. You do need to hold down the hoverdash for a bit to get that height so you can airdash out of it.

CH 6P > H STBT momentum RC > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > VCL > land > sj.S > sj.H > S Dive is 122 on Faust, but it goes almost full screen. Fuck f.S

So of a raw STBT (s version) what should I be doing mid screen?

If they can't mash out, which they probably can, maybe 2K? You can connect a 6P on lv1 stagger, but you only need to drum your fingers across KSH twice to get past lv2 stagger. Oh normal hit, you can really only use it as a way to get the slight advantage and try to dash in and/or start pressure

Would anyone be willing to get me some raw footage of important I-no tech such as j.D FDC and anything else veteran players may feel are important tools to know for her? I'd like to put together a tutorial video but I don't have the recording capabilities to do so. I can edit the video, just need some clean, raw footage.

Would anyone be willing to get me some raw footage of important I-no tech such as j.D FDC and anything else veteran players may feel are important tools to know for her? I'd like to put together a tutorial video but I don't have the recording capabilities to do so. I can edit the video, just need some clean, raw footage.

I can start on it tonight if you like. 

Put a list of things you want to see. 

I can start on it tonight if you like. 

Put a list of things you want to see.

jD FDC, IAD tech and VCL free fall are the most commonly asked about techs I noticed in the thread. Thanks :D

EDIT: Looks like someone already made a comprehensive video. I'll go take a look at it and if it's quality, I'll ask the uploader if we can use it on the wiki.

jD FDC, IAD tech and VCL free fall are the most commonly asked about techs I noticed in the thread. Thanks :D

EDIT: Looks like someone already made a comprehensive video. I'll go take a look at it and if it's quality, I'll ask the uploader if we can use it on the wiki.

Xrd I-no Guilty Bits episode will be done soon. Novril, Carlos and I have been compiling footage and working on it for months.

Xrd I-no Guilty Bits episode will be done soon. Novril, Carlos and I have been compiling footage and working on it for months.

Awesome! If you guys need a hand with anything let me know =]

Rock on Mynus!

So, most of the general j.D follow up stuff I'm finding at mid screen sometimes relies on HCL ~ D for knockdown, but it puts them in the corner.  Usually oki sucks off of this, but those new combos I'm working on off of max range HCL YRC starter are prefect for this.  If they block the oki they let us in (costs us some meter as it normally would if we dashed in and did VCL YRC), or they get hit by a truck for thinking they have space and trying something dumb.  The only problem is when they get smart and crouch block at full screen, but we remedy this with TK note or by dashing in which would normally let them out in this circumstance.  The extra time they spent committed to dealing with the potential HCL means it's easier to get a note on them to lock them down for free.

For reference, a basic 'j.D > VCL > 5K > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D' combo from around starting position followed up by the big 'HCL > late YRC > dash j.D > delay VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive' combo leaves May with her health flashing.  The first combo just barely doesn't give enough meter for the YRC if done with neutral Tension Pulse, but in most cases you wouldn't be able to dash in with j.D at the start of the round anyway.  Still, it feels good knowing we can kill in 3 combos.

*Edit*  For the record, replacing that j.D starter with the standard midscreen j.S starter (j.S > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D) gives enough meter for the follow up combo.  If you scare someone into blocking out of the gate and land that, you can use the really painful 2/3 screen oki.

*Another Edit*  May is short enough that if you VCL YRC in the corner, you can dash > FFVCL and cross over her, assuming there's room, and catch her for some kind of combo.  So either if she has you cornered or if you've cornered her and she's not all the way in the corner.  Pretty sweet.  Could also replace the FFVCL with Fortissimo if you want to be a jerk...  err, this also works on Chipp.  Might not be character specific.  Even better!

*ONE MOAR THING*  I can get this to work on Potemkin.  It's probably universal providing you YRC at the last possible moment so you're as airborne as possible from the VCL.

Fixed, thanks for looking out

I liked it. If you're looking for some feedback, you can explain why or when you SHOULDN'T use a move. Like mentioning how 6H knocks back far and makes it difficult to combo so you may prefer using 6P for an anti-air.