9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Have you guys started messing around with the vertical hoverdash at all (663)? So far I've found doing a note from full screen and aiming it up a bit then hover dashing in and doing the 3 to go higher is nice because it forces the note low (since 3 is a low input) if they stay on the ground and then you come in from the top. Other than that I figure they must have put this in for a reason, right? Just wondering what people have found for usage with this.

I use 663 to cross up VCL YRC on their knockdown into a combo, that's the only thing I tried so far.

Some use as a crossup alternative to iad FF VCL YRC. if you have alot of time on oki it can sometimes be even more ambiguous. I've noted before but you can transition to the vertical hoverdash by inputting (63) rather than (663) to gain height alot faster.

Have you guys started messing around with the vertical hoverdash at all (663)? So far I've found doing a note from full screen and aiming it up a bit then hover dashing in and doing the 3 to go higher is nice because it forces the note low (since 3 is a low input) if they stay on the ground and then you come in from the top. Other than that I figure they must have put this in for a reason, right? Just wondering what people have found for usage with this.

I was thinking mind games maybe? For example air dash in, intent to bait an AA, fly over it and punish with a cross over head dive?

https://twitter.com/koichinko/status/547415531179880448

Koichi will be playing I-no soon. Seems he had an epiphany in how to properly beast with her. Ogawa calls him out for some matches right after. I also told him I'm looking forward to seeing him use her after all this time!

Edit: seems his Twitter is set to private so if you want to read be sure to follow him @koichinko

Koichi will be playing I-no soon. Seems he had an epiphany in how to properly beast with her. Ogawa calls him out for some matches right after. I also told him I'm looking forward to seeing him use her after all this time!

Edit: seems his Twitter is set to private so if you want to read be sure to follow him @koichinko

Godlike! Post up on videos if you get any soon, would love to see him in action. I'm learning so much from U-Zen already, I have 3 pages in a notebook full of things he does I want to implement.

Good ideas on the 663 too guys, I mainly use IAD FFVCL YRC, but i think it could be useful for bait purposes.

If his epiphany is that you can hold FD before using j.D so that you can j.D FDC without bursting I'm going to laugh, then ask someone to post "Morphogenetic Field" to his twitter for me since I don't have one.  Seriously, why don't they do this in Japan already?  It only takes a slight bit more effort to hide button presses in other button presses and it reduces the chance of accidental Burst to 0%.  I know it's not a lack of execution since these guys are already playing I-No.

Real talk: Is it I-No or I-no? I'm OCDing out looking at the character forum. Also Match-Up threads are up, I'll update them as people post.

99% sure it's "I-No".  Also, thanks for getting those posted.  Since I-No has so much character specific nuance to her combos I feel like expanded comments should be in the matchup forum and linked to the wiki so people can cross reference easily, once the wiki is set up properly anyway.  I also suggest you put a link to "the other side" of the matchup in the OP for each thread.  So for example with the Sol matchup, you'd link to the Sol vs I-no thread in the Sol forums.  Inexperienced players probably wont think of seeing the matchup from the other side's perspective, so doing this is more to change their frame of reference.

I'll do a hardcore info dump and try to get some more I-No vs Sol reference footage after I've made more wiki progress since that's the matchup I have the most experience with.  I'm going out soon to get my Limited Edition, so I'll be able to add Leo after that.  I kinda have to tactically loiter at the local Gamestop since they only hold your pre-orders for 2 days after the release date, and since the LE was delayed they're not honoring the pre-orders because they're considered past that deadline.  :vbang:

If his epiphany is that you can hold FD before using j.D so that you can j.D FDC without bursting I'm going to laugh, then ask someone to post "Morphogenetic Field" to his twitter for me since I don't have one. Seriously, why don't they do this in Japan already? It only takes a slight bit more effort to hide button presses in other button presses and it reduces the chance of accidental Burst to 0%. I know it's not a lack of execution since these guys are already playing I-No.

Honestly, that Hold button FDC tech is not as versatile as the original. Because the j.D~4 has to be done as fast as possible, you cannot delay slightly like you can with j.D~FD to change your height. You have to delay the j.D (not the FD to do so, which means your not holding 4 to block in case someone Bursts or mashes something on wakeup. Doing hoverdash dj.FDC crossup or sj.FDC crossup on wakeup is also womp womp since you do not get enough height.

In block strings maybe, but as of now with my testing it cannot be applied in as many situations as j.D~FD can.

More importantly, the window to actually cancel your j.D when holding FD is smaller for some unexplained reason. The j.D~4 part has to be done insanely quickly, hence why instant j.D FDC using this method becomes limited by the mixups you can actually apply it to/setups. For something so easy in theory I have no idea why it is actually harder to execute.

I will keep testing, but for now Gold Burst>"Let's Go Crazy!" has me destroying people.

Let me know if anyone has noticed this or is having an issue applying it to actual gameplay.

What's a strategic way to use gold burst?

Not serious? Lol.

If you can open people up with I-no, you can land an intentional gold Burst. Ppl will literally throw themselves at your Burst more often than you know.

Messing around in traning with FDC Dust I came upon a super easy way to do it with or without Burst. I dont recommend it if you plan on playing at the arcade anytime soon but if you map P+K to the circle button it makes FDC Dust easy as hell. Normally I'm not one to use button macros, but this is really fucking good. I can do it the "real" way pretty well, but this macro tech has me doing it at like a 95%+ with or without burst.

Not serious? Lol.

If you can open people up with I-no, you can land an intentional gold Burst. Ppl will literally throw themselves at your Burst more often than you know.

That's good to know. I was just wondering if its better to set it up or just throw it out and go ham, especially considering I-No's lack of defensive options. I guess I coulda worded that question better.

Anyone got a dust combo that ends with a knockdown? The combo I do is D > j.H> J.H> J.S> J.H> J.D> J.S> J.H> J236X but the 236X doesn't knock them all the way down.

Are watching match videos a good way for a new GG player to learn to improve?.

Yes. Start with learning the system mechanics first. Knowing what the rules are make it easier to break them.

Honestly, that Hold button FDC tech is not as versatile as the original. Because the j.D~4 has to be done as fast as possible, you cannot delay slightly like you can with j.D~FD to change your height. You have to delay the j.D (not the FD to do so, which means your not holding 4 to block in case someone Bursts or mashes something on wakeup. Doing hoverdash dj.FDC crossup or sj.FDC crossup on wakeup is also womp womp since you do not get enough height.

In block strings maybe, but as of now with my testing it cannot be applied in as many situations as j.D~FD can.

More importantly, the window to actually cancel your j.D when holding FD is smaller for some unexplained reason. The j.D~4 part has to be done insanely quickly, hence why instant j.D FDC using this method becomes limited by the mixups you can actually apply it to/setups. For something so easy in theory I have no idea why it is actually harder to execute.

I will keep testing, but for now Gold Burst>"Let's Go Crazy!" has me destroying people.

Let me know if anyone has noticed this or is having an issue applying it to actual gameplay.

This is interesting, I am trying to test out both but I haven't come across any differences really, but doing the 2 hold button method is definitely a tighter window than just doing J.D ~FD, that I will agree on. I did an HCL from starting position in training and tried both methods with SJ on wakeup and i can get cross up j.S > 6P > 5H both ways, but the 2 button is harder to land for sure.

Ok, I'll have to thoroughly test the merits of each.  Pulling out some stealth j.D FDCs when you still have your Burst is still pretty awesome, but I suppose I could try a more "balls on the table" play style to make use of the easier and more versatile version.  I'm going to eventually try out some online play and I might play super reckless just to try this out since it's pretty derp anyway.  I can get both versions of j.D FDC pretty consistently in training mode (I practiced the old way a lot in +R in preparation for Xrd), but I barely ever try in real matches and when I do I flub it enough that it's a problem.  It's time for some field tests, so I gotta get this wiki stuff sorted and get to work on actually playing the game.  : P

I'm going to buy Leo right now so I can add some combo stuffs for him.  I figure it'll be popular info over the next few days.

This is interesting, I am trying to test out both but I haven't come across any differences really, but doing the 2 hold button method is definitely a tighter window than just doing J.D ~FD, that I will agree on. I did an HCL from starting position in training and tried both methods with SJ on wakeup and i can get cross up j.S > 6P > 5H both ways, but the 2 button is harder to land for sure.

After more tests - yes l, you can definitely still use the hold tech to crossup, you just need to change your timing of the j.D in order to do so. If you have burst and can get the timing due to the tighter window down, then go for it. Having 2 different timings to practice FDC for is worth it.

The macro idea is genius. Will map it to my stick and try it out. We Marvel players now?

Also Bob, I hope you practice FDC and get it down consistently, your offense will def thank you, as will your win rate.

I'm working on it.  Since this game has a physical release I'll be able to actually practice consistently during my lunch breaks when I go back to work.  I couldn't play AC/+R because it was digital and I wasn't allowed to download stuff onto the consoles at work.  I wont get to practice with the DLC characters, but I can still grind difficult inputs, learn to block Eddie unblockables among other things, and work on baiting bursts so that I can actually punish them instead of just blocking them.  It's really motivating to know that I wont be stuck playing the game once every few weeks to few months because of my schedule anymore.  Just the time I've spent playing +R in the last few months before Xrd came out and the time I've spent on Xrd so far have really helped me improve on basic stuff so I'm not dropping absolutely everything.  Still got 3 more weeks of "vacation" before I go back to living for my job, so I need to make the most of it.

Anyone got a dust combo that ends with a knockdown? The combo I do is D > j.H> J.H> J.S> J.H> J.D> J.S> J.H> J236X but the 236X doesn't knock them all the way down.

Eh...  for a Homing Jump combo, you can do a very silly 5D > j.D > j.D > j.D > Kdive or 5D > j.H > j.H > j.H > Kdive.  Crap damage but you're just about guaranteed to knock down.  Also, if you're far enough away from the corner replace the Kdive with Sdive.  You don't want to accidentally wall bounce them and let them out, but you can push like 2/3 of the screen with this, which is what I care about more than damage if our lame dust actually hits.  ****ing 80% prorate and 20 RISC scaling... not going to get damage off of 5D most of the time unless it's the wall splat in the corner, and even then it wont be a whole lot extra.  I'll experiment with Dust combos eventually, probably when I get around to AA combos, CH combos, etc.

My friend tells me I need to learn Oki after hard knockdown combos. I have no idea how to optimally do either. Please help.

Also if any one has combo notation for the crazy loops{(her dive and chemical love ones) she has, I'd greatly appreciate those also. Thank you for your time.

Combo stuffs are in the combo thread, and are slowly being added to the wiki.

Per your request, I should probably add a section to the wiki on how I-No's oki works.  The general idea is this.

1.  Knock them down.

2.  Shoot a note at them to make them block.

3.  Do a mixup into a combo into another knockdown.

With I-No's hover dash you can dash in while they're blocking a note and j.K or j.S for an overhead or land into 2K for a low, or do the overhead and land into a low, or do the overhead and go into j.D for another delayed overhead.  I-No has many more mixup possibilities, but these are the basics.

Besides using the note, you can stand next to them and use VCL as your oki tool, and immediately YRC so you can move while they wake up into it.  If they push a button you can use the screen freeze from the YRC to confirm into a combo, or to block their reversal.  If they block, you use the advantage time to push a button while landing for an overhead, or you can land and hit low.

Hey Mynus, in the video example you gave on how to escape the Elphelt unblockables, did you try to super jump out after the IB in the first clip?  It doesn't look like it in the command line, but given that STBT-H had enough time to start to low profile after the IB I would assume you'd have enough time to super jump out too.  This would be helpful for mixing up the Elphelt player, as they could adapt to STBT and swing the reticule a little lower at the last second (stops being unblockable but it's not like we're trying to block in that case).  If Elphelt has to deal with high/low options for escape it becomes much harder to press us.

Dust~8 > P Dive > AD > j.HS > P Dive > S Dive. On larger characters (Like Slayer) j.D > P Dive works.