9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Wait, you can combo into SM?  Or you're baiting bursts/techs with it?

you can't combo with it but it's one of those situations where they'll just automatically tech and it looks guaranteed like 90% of the time, only a sol player beat me out doing that move where he puts the swords in between his legs but that's really the only situation that, that happened 

it's a really fun gimmick

Yeah, I was gonna say that if you could combo into SM we'd see it constantly.  SM > Pdive > dash SM > repeat.  Damage would be crap but we'd have full screen corner push from anywhere, off of just about anything even though we can't special cancel into it in the air.

Would you guys like any help with the wiki?

If you have any combos you want damage numbers for or whatever I could probably be of some use, I spend so much time in training mode as is. There's so much good stuff on there already I wouldn't mind helping with getting some damage for different combos and stuff.

You know, since the wiki is open to anyone to update, if anyone wants to assist with that stuff that's totally cool.  I'm moving slower than I wanted to on this, mostly because my break ends in 2 weeks and I'm trying to take it easy while getting other projects done.

I can put more work into finding combos that are optimized or easier to pull off than the stuff I've already worked on, and then put time into making the charts and getting the basic info into them.  Or I could work on other sections of the wiki, or work on the matchup threads, etc.

Well I'm working on dive knockdowns midscreen after the SJ IAD starter, so I could get numbers for that, although I don't know if my combos are optimal. They are also very character specific, in that there are many variations and I still don't have any working for many characters.

Doing infinite loops with SM is a thing, but you need to have good timing before air dashing and since your opponent will likely forget the idea to recover after a bunch of baits is not really a good idea, but you can try and do for example 5D (8)>j.HS>j.HS>j.HS>P Dive>SM>P Dive>j.HS>P Dive>K Dive which is more worth of it since most people like to smash buttons when they are suffering from a dust combo and does a good damage, instead of doing another SM after a successful one since more than anything else the one you're facing will likely assume that a guaranteed combo will follow next.

You know, since the wiki is open to anyone to update, if anyone wants to assist with that stuff that's totally cool.  I'm moving slower than I wanted to on this, mostly because my break ends in 2 weeks and I'm trying to take it easy while getting other projects done.

I can put more work into finding combos that are optimized or easier to pull off than the stuff I've already worked on, and then put time into making the charts and getting the basic info into them.  Or I could work on other sections of the wiki, or work on the matchup threads, etc.

Yeah sorry about the slow updates, I've been trying to update the other incomplete wikis as well so people at least have some basic information. I have a few basic I-No combos for various situations and confirms I use I can run by you later. Barebones stuff that everyone should know ("This is your anti-air combo, this is your midscreen combo, and this is your corner combo") to get them started. 

I can put up the midscreen dive combos if people think they are optimal enough to be worth putting up.

I've got damage numbers for most characters now and still working on it.

I can put up the midscreen dive combos if people think they are optimal enough to be worth putting up.

I've got damage numbers for most characters now and still working on it.

Put them up in the combo thread. They might not be optimized but if they're close enough to the optimized combos but easier to execute, then they're still useful.

Put them up in the combo thread. They might not be optimized but if they're close enough to the optimized combos but easier to execute, then they're still useful.

They are already in there haha, been slapping in numbers as I go

I was trying out I-no's challenges last night and I found it impossible to do 6P into S Stroke the Big Tree. It seems like the special motion has to be executed extremely quickly. Any suggestions on this?

Also, I noticed that when doing a note and dashing afterwards, she would often do an extremely vertical dash instead of the normal one. Not sure why this is.

6P > STBT-S works when the 6P is a ground hit, and it wont combo on heavy characters.  If you're not comboing Pot/Bed and you can't get the combo on a standing opponent, you'll just have to practice doing the input until you get it.  If you buffer the 6P out of another input (like 2K or j.S), you'll have slightly more time to input the 41236S.

Vertical Hoverdash is done with 663.  If you keep your input clean as 66 or even roll up to 669 you wont dash upward.  Upward dash is nice to chase double jumps after techs, and could probably also be used to bait some of the low AA that some players do on reaction to I-No moving.

Holidays are ending and family is finally leaving, so I should have time to update everything I can soon! Videos, combo thread, probably make that look less like garbage since I'm bad. Maybe work on some more corner carry combos.

Any advice on FDC j.D would be helpful. Is it just a very fast input, like a kara? What's it look like when performed correctly?

Any advice on FDC j.D would be helpful. Is it just a very fast input, like a kara? What's it look like when performed correctly?

We talked about this already. try to make sure you're releasing D when you hit the P+K after. You don't have to worry about this if you used your burst already

You can tell you got it if you hear her audio clip for the j.D but an FD green block comes out. 

Yes, a kara cancel is exactly what it is. I use P+K to input FD so I press j.D~[P+K] like I'm kara cancelling roundhouse into throw in Street Fighter. When performed correctly I-no does a little bounce due to the upward trajectory of the kara cancelled j.D and she says one of her j.D voice clips. If you see the FD but there's no bounce or no voice clip it means you probably pressed the buttons at the same time, thus no j.D came out at all. If you get j.D but no FD it means you did it too slowly.

It's important to note that you CANNOT FDC j.D if you gatling into it. So when you see players do something like hover dash j.S j.D FDC into a second j.S, they are actually jump cancelling the first j.S and FDCing a raw double jump D. The input would be something like 66 S 9 4+D~[P+K].

Try doing a raw j.D FDC by itself. Just jump or hover dash and do j.D~FD and make sure you get the bounce. When you have that down, set the dummy to Standing and try to cross up with with 66,9,4+j.D~FD. I put commas between the directions to indicate very slight pauses. The pause after 66 lets you double jump with 9 and the pause after 9 lets I-No gain some height before the FDC. Start slowly until you can consistently cross up then speed it up so that the I-No is as low as possible while still being able to cross over the standing dummy. When you can do that, add a j.S after the FDC. You can then try cancelling j.S into S-dive or linking into 2S HCL or something.

Hope that helps.

I read the recent I-no +R post, and couldn't get it to work with 5K, but I tested 5H and it seems it has similar foot invuln properties as in +R, although I'm unsure as to which frames it is (or rather if it's different from +R). Not sure why it wasn't in the 4gamers wiki data at all though. Not sure if this was known for this version or not, but just information for completeness sake I suppose.

So you tested 5H and it has the foot invul, or it dodges Slidehead?  Or does the foot invul on 5H allow I-No to dodge Slidehead?

While HCL/VCL are still great options to use to deal with Slidehead, being able to use 5K extremely late in +R is nice because of the time it takes to input HCL/VCL in that game, and if you can use 5H you still have to input that early since the foot invul doesn't kick in until frame 11.  You wont be able to get out of a 6H > Slidehead frame trap with that.

But yeah, definitely good to know that 5H still has some foot invul in Xrd.  We'll probably have to wait on a mook to get really detailed info.  The 4gamer wiki was pretty lacking.