9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Did you know leo can parry fortissimo and longing desperation?  :slant: 

And bursts as well, your best option is to let him go on the offensive until you find an opening and that's about it. It can also help that some Leo players seem to be unaware that the note can also nullify his projectile if you get 5 hits.

Yeah, his parry works on everything.  You have to bait it or throw it.  I'm pretty sure you can cause finicky things to happen if you YRC a projectile since you can be blocking by the time his punish starts.  Did you know that you can YRC Fortissimo on the frame after the flash, before it starts, and the projectile wont come out?  Throw gimmicks all day once you've scared them into blocking (or in Leo's case, parrying).

He can't block when he's in his stance with the parry, so if you're not in his threat range you can shoot notes at him.  He also can't jump, and the notes go under his projectiles if you shoot them low, so do that.  Just like with Zato, if you shoot them low and he reflects it, just go over it to hit him, like with HCL.  At long range you can also try to bait his movement with HCL since he can't block it.  Just be careful not to HCL against his counter since you'll get ****ed.

Leo isn't bad and his hitboxes wreck us, but his restricted mobility probably gives us a solid edge in this matchup.  He's kinda like reverse ABA or something... starts with good hitboxes and decent mobility, then trades his mobility and defensive options for mixup, and his damage isn't very high.  His DP is a 'down > up' charge move, so don't try to cross it up.  Use simple note oki and VCL YRC.

That weird attack-throw move he does where he flips and lands, which causes a restand reset if he hits you or combos into it, has an amazing hitbox that's almost impossible to beat with I-No unless you tag him with a projectile.  Trying to beat it clean is pretty much giving him the initiative.  I don't think we have his frame data yet, but you absolutely need to learn to IB his stance stuff.

His K move hits low and is throw invul.  It's not super fast, but it's fast.

His P move is an upper-body invul overhead that's fast for an overhead.

His S move I think is the cross thing that hits super fast and has a good hitbox (hits mid).

I don't know the buttons or if they're commands, but he has that parry and a stomp that causes ****ing stagger ON BLOCK.  I think the stomp also has some amount of invul (I think lower body?), but it's easy to mash out of stagger and prevent him from getting anything if he's successful.  Need to double check the stomp to see what you can do to beat it clean, but it's not hard to avoid.  Just try not to get CH since he'll get to wreck you.

You can create a gap by IBing the overhead, but you need to be careful.  Counter poking with 2K works sometimes, and backdash will get you out of his threat range, but his projectile super WILL catch you.  I think I've backdashed through it once when I did it relatively close to him and his super went active on like the first frame of my backdash.

Leo up close is tha gawd.  Do not test his buttons, it will hurt.  That being said, his lack of mobility and our ability to create huge leads or generate huge comebacks along with having better neutral over all means we have the advantage.  Just don't test his buttons, yo.

How vital is it to learn I-No's instant air dash combos? I can't seem to land them consistently and was wondering if this would affect me in the long-run.

How vital is it to learn I-No's instant air dash combos? I can't seem to land them consistently and was wondering if this would affect me in the long-run.

They're mainly for corner carry and a little extra damage. totally fine to not have to use it.

But there are some ways to artificially make the execution easier.

If you establish the use of  something > 6P > 5H > IAD > command grab reset, the opponent will very much want to NOT TECH to avoid the reset.

after you feel that they are trying to avoid the reset, they will black beat vs your combo, essentially making it super free to get the link. (cuz we all know the IAD > j.K is the hardest part of the combo)

I don't think it's vital as in you can't play her without it, but the iad combos give more damage, corner carry, and take a way a lot of spacing and character specifics that the dive combos have. ie knowing when to neutral/back/forward j.hs so you don't cross under with s dive, how long you have to hold the dives, stuff like that. I would personally recommend everyone continue to work on them even if you can't do them in tourney try to go for em in casual when the game isn't on the line or work on them in training mode till you have them pretty good I think it's worth it.

Speaking of how important, how essential is j.D FDC? I missed a lot of discussion for it so I don't know exactly what the full potential of it is beyond like, a fake overhead.

not essential at all, it helps with mixups being able to to jc into almost instant overheads or overhead fdc low, but some i-nos never use it at all. I see osca and u-zen use it a lot, u-zen often bursts early so he can use it, but I don't think i ever see hasegawa do it, that said i prefer u-zen to hasegawa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so i want to learn to play ino and was wondering what was a good place to start

Challenge Mode and Wiki. Although some of the challenges may not be the most useful or optimal, they teach you a lot of her fundamentals. The wiki will teach you the optimal stuff.

so, I just started learning I-no, felt like she's very hard to use in neutral. but nvm that for now, my question is, why can't I oki using anti depressant? every time I have a knock down from HCL with or wtihout VCL the green note is very slow and the opponent always manage to jump out of it very early. I can manage if it's a 2d knock down which is close but HCL/VCL is just impossible. 

right now after a HCL/VCL knockdown I usually just hover j.k etc, it's kinda okay oki but I'm really curious on the antidepressant oki.

You'll notice that air anti-depressant scale travels faster. A TK 214p will put the note right on top of them in most situations. But what I like to do instead is hoverdash airdash fastfall VCL as they are getting up and mixup from there.

The speed of the note in the ground is more slow than how it was in #R and Slash, so unless you're getting a knockdown in the corner you have to do it in the air, and against some characters you have to make sure to move it down or they can avoid it while they are low guarding, but even then if you feel they can avoid it j.P is your best option, or of course just spend meter if you have.

There's also at least one good thing about this nerf, since now that the note is more slower you can pretty much always go for a oki with 2D without having to wait some frames before calling the note to get the pressure, make use of it wisely since is the only way for I-No to get the best pressure in midscreen now.

this is all done with j.D FDC. Those from the 2nd video are done from jump cancellable moves; you jump cancel j.S, for example, and you immediately do j.D which you FDC.

Mornin' folks. I have been playing Venom (poorly) since I got Xrd and things still really aren't clicking. For *hits and giggles, I did some of I-no's challenges and had a surprisingly easy time getting the majority of them down. That said, I know that using her in a Challenge is very different from an actual match. How practical are her challenges? Also, how critical is it to lead into a combo with a jK? Any other tidbits would be great. I love how fast she moves and how she basically plays pinball with the opponent.

Most of the Challenges like trying to combo j.D with HS Dive are not really practical since those combos are quite tight and there are other ways to do the same damage or even high without being that difficult, like VCL loops.

Leading a combo with hoverdash j.K can be difficult, j.S is more easy to combo with and leads to high damage, so the most common thing to do is j.K>j.S and especially now that you don't need to be flying that much in order to connect each normal, so yeah, abuse of it. The only bad thing we have gained with this though is that doing hoverdash j.HS and mixup afterwards is not that useful anymore.

And that being said, I-No is still a character with a lot of character specific combos so don't take everything that appears in Challenge as a universal thing unlike other characters.

Ok I need this info. What combos can I do on Leo? I fought a bunch today and struggled against many (although I won all of em)

I do the basic 2k 6p 5H jH 236S and then I try 5S but it doesn't connect, I even try to add a 5p sometimes and it still doesn't work.

I would go training mode but I cant because I haven't purchased him yet.

I needs this lol

How do you stop people from grabbing you after a hoverdash? After every hoverdash when I hit them with K I get grabbed. Sometimes it looks like I haven't even touched the ground but I still get grabbed.

SJ P Dive works against him midscreen, and doing Dive loops against him is a joke, Potemkin and Bedman have about the same hurtbox so try to practice from there, meter is just too precious after all.

About not being able to connect with S Dive it can be because you're playing online with a lot of delay, you're not doing S Dive at the right time, or you're just not inputting the normal quickly enough. Sometimes it can help to use 2P for that.

Nah it's not that I can't connect S dive, it's what's AFTER that I can't connect. After the S dive I tried 5p, 5S, even 5k and he recovers before it hits. This only happens to leo.