9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

I'm still gonna play her, but she will be bad if they take her one really strong Xrd tool away from her. Hopefully ArcSys sees it's a bad change and reverts it. Who knows though, maybe they want to make GG more like BB.

They most likely won't. ASW likes to take away really powerful and overused tools from characters. You'll just have to learn to bait blitzshields now. Like Bob mentioned earlier, now oki isn't as braindead easy anymore.

I feel like for 0-distance projectile blitzshields, it should just push back and reset into neutral instead of rejected state. Seems kind of janky to just easily reverse pressure on certain characters who's whole gameplan is to pressure.

They fear our overhead stuff, they will learn to fear our lows then it's 50/50 again.
Every top tier forum is like this, jeez we will be fine, yall calm down xD

They fear our overhead stuff, they will learn to fear our lows then it's 50/50 again.

Every top tier forum is like this, jeez we will be fine, yall calm down xD

No 2S low = not doing Dmg off of lows Dawg. 20/28 Frame STBT doesn't count...

We'll see in a couple of weeks.

agree to disagree I suppose

Disagree with me if you'd like, but you can't argue against the fact that Persona 4's popularity came in part because the toned down the execution barrier that's usually tied to most airdashers. Newbies and beginners were able to enjoy airdashers without having to invest in an arcade stick or spend hours in training. Spend an hour doing tutorial, another doing challenges and you can just go at it. However, the freedom to be creative is a bit more constrained, which is one of the appealing factors of GG. You have so much freedom to be creative with combos or tech, it can be daunting for a lot of new players (myself included). I-No's old 6FRC6 stuff was a huge barrier to learning her for a lot of people, and they changed it because it was such an unnecessary barrier. Now we have a whole slew of new I-No players looking to learn our favorite bitch in high heels.

I have to agree with Bob's writeup. If the changes stick it really isn't going to be that bad. VCL YRC was pretty braindead and fullproof on wakeup, we just have bait out the blitz more and be smarter with the approach. Also, don't forget NOTE IS STILL GOOD, and honestly I do more note on wakeup than VCL YRC to begin with. I really think she's going to be harder to pick up though. Instead of execution being the barrier, now it's mixup and reading abilities separating the great players from the good and this is a good thing in my eyes. If Arc wants us to have to think about our approach more (just like Millia now), I'm all for that. 

Still have to remember that its 25% for the BS, so with a successful bait or punish on our end, not only do they take CH DAMAGE combo, but now they have less meter to work with for their offense too. I welcome the change and will learn to adapt. I'd rather work more for the mixup and get recognition than someone just saying "well you knocked me down and had 3 bar, so eventually I'm going to block wrong and eat 30%+... GG"

If you drop playing I-no because this change sticks, then you weren't cut out for the character to begin with. /rant

I have to agree with Bob's writeup. If the changes stick it really isn't going to be that bad. VCL YRC was pretty braindead and fullproof on wakeup, we just have bait out the blitz more and be smarter with the approach. Also, don't forget NOTE IS STILL GOOD, and honestly I do more note on wakeup than VCL YRC to begin with. I really think she's going to be harder to pick up though. Instead of execution being the barrier, now it's mixup and reading abilities separating the great players from the good and this is a good thing in my eyes. If Arc wants us to have to think about our approach more (just like Millia now), I'm all for that. 

Still have to remember that its 25% for the BS, so with a successful bait or punish on our end, not only do they take CH DAMAGE combo, but now they have less meter to work with for their offense too. I welcome the change and will learn to adapt. I'd rather work more for the mixup and get recognition than someone just saying "well you knocked me down and had 3 bar, so eventually I'm going to block wrong and eat 30%+... GG"

If you drop playing I-no because this change sticks, then you weren't cut out for the character to begin with. /rant

Not to mention you can still blitzshield the blitzshield. If you really want to go for the oki, all you gotta do is make sure you have more meter than your opponent to make it absolutely safe.

Can we put this on the front page or something? Needs more recognition. Could not agree anymore. Great post.

Can we put this on the front page or something? Needs more recognition. Could not agree anymore. Great post.

The changes aren't even set in stone yet. Everything including discussions are tentative.

The changes aren't even set in stone yet. Everything including discussions are tentative.

I wasnt serious about it having put on front page. Point of my post is that:

1. I agreed with his post 110%

2. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out about the potential changes.

I wasnt serious about it having put on front page. Point of my post is that:

1. I agreed with his post 110%

2. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out about the potential changes.

This happens with every patch note release for any game released. If you want some real fun, go lurk the Ramlethal forums. http://i.imgur.com/yLLREfY.gif

I'm not too worried about it boys :-).

I do wonder if the cross up vcl will get blitz'd as well? For some reason when someone tries to blitz me, that's the set up im usually doing.

I'm not too worried about it boys and girls :-).

I do wonder if the cross up vcl will get blitz'd as well? For some reason when someone tries to blitz me, that's the set up im usually doing.

Fixed. Also keep in mind that it's 0-distance. I don't know how close you are when you do the cross-up but I think it'll get stuffed as well.

The horizontal range seems to be a little smaller (about 2/3 screen), but also the hitbox at range has different startup.  Before, if you used HCL you could tag someone at like 3/4 screen (backed out almost all the way) at the same time as if you were point blank.  Now, if you're at about max 2S range, HCL's hitbox takes a few extra frames to start.  Considering that the input is much faster to do I feel this is fair for the neutral game, but it also hurts our ability to combo into HCL for knockdown off of our longest range moves, especially when considering the major range nerf on 2D.

Besides that, it's listed as being airborne on frame 2, though some people have tested it and determined that it's still airborne on frame 1 (or maybe they only tested VCL?).

The move doesn't reach behind I-No anymore, probably because her crossup game benefits from j.D FDC removing the landing recovery from j.D.  I don't really like this because we can't FRC HCL out of a hit confirm anymore and would have to spend 50% to combo with RC anyway.  It also hurts our ability to call out an opponent's crossup attempts.  I also don't like it from an aesthetic perspective (the beam visibly comes off of I-No in both directions).  HCL will actually whiff when you're as close to the opponent as possible, which I consider a bug and hope they fix with the patch.

You can now follow up HCL with a homing VCL on hit/block (called "Derivative", which I guess we can call DCL).  You probably don't want to do it on block since HCL is +3 and DCL has loads more recovery.  The damage is lower than VCL too (25 instead of 40), but it allows I-No to knock down from very high in the air.

This is really annoying when you're fighting against a Chipp player and you're attempting to use K Dive but you get HCL instead, VCL is the one that has lost a lot of range so you can't really use it as a way to stop Zato/Eddie players flying and they can easily avoid it by low guarding. HCL was also useful to punish Faust's teleport door, but as stated when I asked about it when I didn't have the game yet HCL only hits in front of I-No now, and 2S far enough doesn't allow you to get a guaranteed knockdown anymore, and probably above all else the most annoying thing right now.

4 string overhead?  What do you mean?  Like 66956 j.K > j.S > j.K > j.P?

You can also do 6696 j.K > j.S > j.K > j.S. 

I don't recommend this one though as you have to go start the string almost frame perfect in start of the airdash, but its so sick cause you can end on a j.S with more blockstun yeaaaa