9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

6H works as an anti air, but it's very high risk because of the duration, recovery, and coverage angle.  In AC/+R you used to be able to confirm the CH into corner push and a 50% combo, so it was totally worth it.  Now with the extra blowback all we really get is HCL for knockdown, which is very positioning dependent.  A ground CH before was decent too since you could HCL during the stagger and then FRC > whatever.  In Xrd it costs a lot of meter (50% for RC) and you lose damage because of the prorate on time slow.

6H works as an anti air, but it's very high risk because of the duration, recovery, and coverage angle. In AC/+R you used to be able to confirm the CH into corner push and a 50% combo, so it was totally worth it. Now with the extra blowback all we really get is HCL for knockdown, which is very positioning dependent. A ground CH before was decent too since you could HCL during the stagger and then FRC > whatever. In Xrd it costs a lot of meter (50% for RC) and you lose damage because of the prorate on time slow.

6H in the corner against ppl who attempt to jump out of note pressure (especially note YRC) is lethal. Especially is someone double jumps then they fall right into it. Best payoff from that move so far in that situation.

I don't understand how I can keep being misunderstood.  You seem to want to make this personal or something.  I don't have a problem with her AA game, in fact I think it's pretty balanced considering her other tools.  This isn't all about 6p, it's about recognizing that she is generally less competent on defense than other characters.  Again, I don't have a problem with this, it's not a complaint with the game, it's not even a complaint about the character.

We all agree that her ground to air tools are situational.  Again, this isn't a problem with the game, in fact it's something I really love about the guilty gear series: the ability to create characters with such dynamic and finely tuned strengths and weaknesses.  This is exactly the basis of my statement.  Her G2A tools are more situational with a higher risk of losing or trading when compared other characters' similar tools.  Examples that immediately come to mind are:

sol 5k, 2h -> loses less often, converts just as well or better than i-no 5p or 6h, much nicer to whiff than 6h.  not even mentioning svv.

slayer 5p, 2s -> same

millia 2h -> same

chipp 2h -> can't convert as well, but will clash where i-no 5p or 6p will trade or lose clean.  Comes out much faster than 6h, more viable to react with.

ky 2h -> same as chipp, arguably somewhat better to whiff than i-no 6h

axl 6k, 2s -> 6k is pretty bad to whiff, but the chances of being punished for it are relatively low.  2s is good.

everyone but elph and may 6p -> has a higher vertical hitbox, meaning you can do it while the airborn character is higher off the ground and there is subsequently less chance of them being able to safejump and block your 6p, or airdash and punish you for trying it.

unrelated but I just fired up ac+r to keep my chops up and good god, if I was ever unsure about input lag in xrd, I'm more than certain now.

Nothing personal at all bro. Everyone has a right to dissent. It's good to debate and maybe I enjoy it a little too much lol.

Also you just reminded me to practice +R!

Nothing personal at all bro. Everyone has a right to dissent. It's good to debate and maybe I enjoy it a little too much lol.

Also you just reminded me to practice +R!

Awwwhh and everyone hugged it out on humpday. :D

So ummm.... Yeah... I-No's command grab range is farther than you can imagine.

Like.... I had to adjust my combo after because it happened so late.

:psyduck: 

I could record it if you guys want to see the craziness? 

So ummm.... Yeah... I-No's command grab range is farther than you can imagine.

Like.... I had to adjust my combo after because it happened so late.

:psyduck: 

I could record it if you guys want to see the craziness? 

You're welcome to do whatever you want; if it's any consolation, I try to make a point to watch every video posted in the forums I frequent. If you make the effort to make the video, I'll make the effort to watch it.

I wouldn't know how to describe I-No defense, Its unconventional but nor is out right bad. 6p,STBT, and her overdrive seem like decent option to me. Outside those the system mechanics do wonders for her.

Any tips for the Chipp matchup? Been struggling a ton with that one.

Fish for pokes using 2K or 2S. Try and avoid slower moves like STBT because you'll likely get punished for it. If he's extra-jumpy, get ready with the 6P punish. Getting him in the corner and keeping him there will definitely help limit his movement options. Note oki stronk in this match up in my opinion.

Any real way to try and hold him down in neutral? Note is kinda risky with his teleports and general air mobility. 

Any real way to try and hold him down in neutral? Note is kinda risky with his teleports and general air mobility. 

This discussion would be better taking place in the match-up thread please. The note is for oki so he can't jump out as safely as he'd like too. It's tricky because I-No's neutral game isn't her strong suite so you need to either fish for a confirm off a poke or punish with chemical love when he's jumping about. It gets a lot easier once you score the knockdown.

EDIT: As far as other match-ups go, I'm gonna fill out the thread once the loketests are coming out. There's a lot of significant changes coming out so we'll see what happens then.

Praise be! I can land I-No's IAD combos somewhat consistently now. This feeling is absolutely surreal. Just a few weeks ago I thought they were impossible and I'd never manage to do them. It's amazing what practice can do.

i have a sneaking suspicion XRD buffers IADs from jump cancels.  I went into +r the other day and tried a few and it was as hard as I remembered.  Either the 6p 5h IAD combos are more lenient or the game is doing some work for me.

For those that are having issues with iad combos, I downloaded u-zen's psn replay and saw his input for iad which looked like 23696, I kinda flipped it and came up with  2147866, basically a 360 ending in 66, that may help anyone that has some issues. I found it pretty consistent, and sj iad works on everyone. I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with that input or just go with 866, but I have almost equal success with both though the 360 seems a better for me personally on 2p side. I'll record a video tomorrow to show the timing.