9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

I was practicing yesterday, first time seriously playing I-No in my life, and I found that the most reliable input for me was 2866. You can buffer it super early, 6P > 5HS, after pressing HS before the move comes out you can buffer 2866 and you will always get the fastest possible IAD. 

I have always used 956 and never had problems.  I can say for sure that in old GG, it wouldn't buffer the second 6 into airdash, it would absolutely have to be on a frame when you were airborn.  For some jump-cancellable normals with longer hitstop or active frames + prejump frames, i had some success slowing the motion and delaying the second 6 a bit.  Your two options are basically hit 956 fast from later in the hitstop, or slow the motion and start it earlier.

not i-no related but I had major trouble getting chipp's instant air alpha blade consistent off of 5H (accent core) and had some success with similar methods, basically between doing 2369 quickly later in hitstop or holding 2 starting a few frames earlier first.

overall i-no's 5h iad combos seem a lot easier in xrd, not sure if it's because it's buffering the airdash or if the untech time is just a bit longer for 5h or if the link is more lenient or what

I have always used 956 and never had problems.  I can say for sure that in old GG, it wouldn't buffer the second 6 into airdash, it would absolutely have to be on a frame when you were airborn.  For some jump-cancellable normals with longer hitstop or active frames + prejump frames, i had some success slowing the motion and delaying the second 6 a bit.  Your two options are basically hit 956 fast from later in the hitstop, or slow the motion and start it earlier.

not i-no related but I had major trouble getting chipp's instant air alpha blade consistent off of 5H (accent core) and had some success with similar methods, basically between doing 2369 quickly later in hitstop or holding 2 starting a few frames earlier first.

overall i-no's 5h iad combos seem a lot easier in xrd, not sure if it's because it's buffering the airdash or if the untech time is just a bit longer for 5h or if the link is more lenient or what

Thank you for this bit of advice. It's helped me nail the SJ-IAD.

keep forgetting to make the video cause i'm too lazy to move my ps3, I wonder if I can do it on pad and just upload via ps4 lol

For those that are having issues with iad combos, I downloaded u-zen's psn replay and saw his input for iad which looked like 23696, I kinda flipped it and came up with  2147866, basically a 360 ending in 66, that may help anyone that has some issues. I found it pretty consistent, and sj iad works on everyone. I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with that input or just go with 866, but I have almost equal success with both though the 360 seems a better for me personally on 2p side. I'll record a video tomorrow to show the timing.

2147866 is how I do my IAD combos. 

Hey guys, I'm really not sure if this is common knoedge by now, if so I apologize. What are the Most basic confirms I need to know for this character besides 6a antiair? Combos that will work on most if not all characters and preferably knocks down or reset potential - anything.

Hey guys, I'm really not sure if this is common knoedge by now, if so I apologize. What are the Most basic confirms I need to know for this character besides 6a antiair? Combos that will work on most if not all characters and preferably knocks down or reset potential - anything.

Collapsed: GlobalCombosOnINo:

gfQRINq.jpg

2K, jD overhead, and 6P are your most common confirms:

2K is just a low hit that can gatling into 6P > 5HS > Chain Route, but starting with 2K nets you less damage and hitstun so combos won't be as long. Could do 2K > 6P > STBT-S > 6P > HCL~D maybe as a global combo for that confirm.

jD overhead can go into the typical jS > jH > Stuff Chain Route, or VCL loops in the corner.

Different Chain Routes work differently on different characters. You could just keep it easy and mid screen 6P > jS > jHS > HCL~D but you sacrifice quite a bit of damage.

j.S or j.K > j.S confirm can lead into the 6P > 5HS > Stuff as well.

If all else fails, just keep looping VCL until they tech or end a combo with HCL~D. More detailed combo information is in the wiki and combo thread.

So you can Special/Super cancel j.D's startup as well as FDC it.  And just like with FDC, I-No's landing recovery is removed.  Not sure if anyone posted about this before.

*Edit*

So I'm tooling around with the idea of intentionally using Fortissimo near the ground to landing cancel it.  You're strike-invul until the flash, and the super wont start if you land before the flash, so you get to be invul until landing and then keep your meter.  I figured that if you're using j.D FDC for a mixup and decided to feint into a low/throw instead of using an overhead, you'd probably land quickly enough to make use of this.  Since you'd be invul through attempts to disrespect you it seems like it would be worth it if we can come up with an input shortcut since it's pretty hard overall (doing the input and timing it right).

Can anyone think of any other applications for this?  Remember that you have to use Fortissimo low enough to the ground while falling that you land during the 7 frame start up.  Makes the uses very limited.  In the majority of cases you'd actually want Fortissimo to hit them instead of being canceled.

Will be doing an advanced tutorial on Mr.Biscuits' stream via online training mode.

I'm going over some advanced tactics to include in my outline of what to cover, and would like everyone's input on what they would like to see.

So far:

1) j.D FDC (execution, techniques, utilization & mixups)

2) Advanced movement in neutral

3) Optimal combos (no copping out)

4) Hover dash cancellable normals & unfair mixup routs/options

5) Using the right combo Enders for type of oki you want.

6) Optimal Burst & Blitzshield punishes

7) Character matchups and accompanied neutral strategies.

Anything I might be missing please let me know. Thanks!

Will be doing an advanced tutorial on Mr.Biscuits' stream via online training mode.

I'm going over some advanced tactics to include in my outline of what to cover, and would like everyone's input on what they would like to see.

So far:

I'd assume it'll fall under optimal combos; if you can take a moment to talk about the IAD jK 2-frame link that'd be swell. Seems a lot of people ask about it. Also loops on loops on loops on loops...

So far:

Agreed with above: 5H > IAD j.K would be great.

Also, I'd love to see a breakdown of YRC VCL oki: all of the options you have after doing it, what options the enemy has that beats it, etc.

Iad j.k was already covered under Diarmuid's beginner tutorial was it not? Since this is an advanced tutorial, I won't be focusing on execution issues at all, other than variations of j.D FDC.

I'll mention the inputs used to do it briefly, & input view will be on at certain points, but I have no other advice other than "Grind it out & see what works best for you"

I like the VCL YRC option suggestions a lot tho!

Loops will be covered in optimal combos.

What time are you running this stream?  I'm prepping early for Evo and making Tuesdays my training mode day so this is perfect.  Something I've been curious about is how to practice awkward/scramble confirms (example really low air-to-air j.S into a confirm); does it come more with experience or does it just boil down to "when in doubt 5P > j.P"?  Watching your matches at WB I felt like the mileage you got out of those freestyle confirms was one of the biggest things setting you apart from other I-No's.  I'm assuming this will be covered under neutral but I've also been wondering just how to approach some characters like vs Zato I know to get rid of Eddie and I know what to do once I make him block I just don't know how to force him to block in the first place other than something like HCL YRC.

Also really random:  I've been playing I-No almost exclusively since release and just took 3rd at a small local tourney this weekend, but it was only after the tourney that I learned (from the Zato who won the tourney) that you get (way) more control over I-No's note if you mash up/down instead of just holding up/down.  I don't know how I didn't know that until now but I don't recall reading it anywhere whether on here or in challenge mode or whatever, so maybe that's worth mentioning for the Scrub-No's like me.

What time are you running this stream?  I'm prepping early for Evo and making Tuesdays my training mode day so this is perfect.  Something I've been curious about is how to practice awkward/scramble confirms (example really low air-to-air j.S into a confirm); does it come more with experience or does it just boil down to "when in doubt 5P > j.P"?  I'm assuming this will be covered under neutral but I've also been wondering just how to approach some characters like vs Zato I know to get rid of Eddie and I know what to do once I make him block I just don't know how to force him to block in the first place other than something like HCL YRC.

Also really random:  I've been playing I-No almost exclusively since release and just took 3rd at a small local tourney this weekend, but it was only after the tourney that I learned (from the Zato who won the tourney) that you get (way) more control over I-No's note if you mash up/down instead of just holding up/down.  I don't know how I didn't know that until now but I don't recall reading it anywhere whether on here or in challenge mode or whatever, so maybe that's worth mentioning for the Scrub-No's like me.

The note-mashing thing was something that's been brought up quite a bit. You can change its trajectory much quicker and mess with people.

EDIT: One thing you can do is do a quick low note and people will either block it (and you can follow up accordingly) or try and jump over it. You can catch them in the air if they jump over it.

Iad j.k was already covered under Diarmuid's beginner tutorial was it not? Since this is an advanced tutorial, I won't be focusing on execution issues at all, other than variations of j.D FDC.

I'll mention the inputs used to do it briefly, & input view will be on at certain points, but I have no other advice other than "Grind it out & see what works best for you"

I like the VCL YRC option suggestions a lot tho!

Loops will be covered in optimal combos.

I grinded it out but I feel like there's a severe lack of information with regards to the "when" as opposed to the "how". Maybe also note oki options or gimmicks with 663?

I grinded it out but I feel like there's a severe lack of information with regards to the "when" as opposed to the "how". Maybe also note oki options or gimmicks with 663?

Then when is simply as soon as you come out of Airdash startup frames. This is listed in the wiki. There is no way I know how to make someone "understand" the timing unfortunately, but looking at my inputs may help. Other than that you have to mess with different approaches and input techniques yourself.

663 will be covered in "advanced movement & neutral" and note oki will be covered in that section I labeled by "...specific confirms to net certain oki situations."

questions

No set time for the stream yet, I'll let you guys know once the outline is setand Biscuits & myself have an opening.

As for random Abare confirms, that just comes from experience, aggressiveness, situational awareness, and quite literally wanting to make everything hurt. Thanks for the compliment tho :-)

I want to elaborate on what Mynus said. IAD j.K is pretty much just: buffer the super jump > air dash as early as possible > do j.K as early as possible. There's no special trick so if it's not working then try some basic troubleshooting.

K dive comes out instead of IAD j.K

- Your superjump input is messy and has a 236 somewhere in there. Practice with the input display on and clean those inputs up.

- Try inputting your superjump as 19 or 39. The idea is to avoid inputting a 236.

sj.K comes out instead of an air dash

- You're inputting the dash or j.K too early.

- Although technically the air dash is buffered, you still need to let I-no actually superjump first before she can air dash. The air dash must also be allowed to happen before hitting j.K.

- After 5HS connects there is a large window to superjump cancel. The "interval" between the sj cancel input and the air dash input can vary depending on how early or how late you sj cancel.

- If you sj cancel early, you need to air dash a little later. If you sj cancel late, you need to air dash sooner.

- Find the timing you're comfortable with and stick with it. Personally I prefer a late sj cancel because the air dash timing becomes similar to doing a raw IAD.

The opponent can tech before IAD j.K can connect

- You're inputting the air dash or the j.K too slowly

- The air dash must be done as early as possible. I-no should be air dashing at the minimum IAD height.

- j.K must be inputted as early as possible, but remember that there is a brief period at the beginning of an air dash where you can't attack.

I deliberately chose the word "early" instead of "quickly" because IAD j.K involves a specific timing that isn't about how fast you can mash the whole thing out. Again, if you try and do everything as quickly as possible you're just going to get a sj.K or something. Concentrate on getting the inputs down cleanly and accurately.

I fixed it to reflect the accuracy of this statement. Also is the stream today or another day?

Another day. I'll be sure to let you guys know when.

Make sure you have some stuff for TK Psycho Crusher (Hdive).  It's really helping in the Pot matchup when he goes for Slidehead, but it's really hard to confirm anything without spending meter because of the way it works in Xrd (was really easy to confirm into damage even without the FRC in +R if you spaced it right).  You do get a solid combo if you RC on the first hit though, and I've noticed that you want to RC before I-No's forward momentum stops 99% of the time if you're using it from near max range, especially if you're disrespecting someone that's backed into the corner.  TK 236H > RC 1st hit > j.D > VCL loop.  Even with the time slow prorate you're looking at solid damage.  Mid screen you'd just land into 5H > standard IAD stuff.

Optimized 5D combos are good too (since these are often overlooked with I-No's better mixup options - I haven't started experimenting with them until recently).  There's that weird property where non projectiles do bonus damage during the wall splat before the slump, so while dash in j.D > j.D hits the hardest you get comparable damage for j.H > c.S > 2H > dash j.H > whatever because of the prorate and scaling on 5D.  This setup will be even better post-patch if the STBT-H buff sticks since you can catch them with it during the slump instead of dash j.H for more damage and meter.

I also haven't looked into Danger Time combos yet, so I'd like to see those.  I'm expecting some 0-deaths.

As far as neutral game goes, I thought of something on the way home today.  What moves can you punish with IK activation time freeze?  IE: you're on match point with 50% meter and they're in hellfire without meter to YRC, and they just did a big laggy move like Bandit Bringer.  Can you reaction IK mode > IK?  I'm thinking the invul frames would let you get away with the slower startup in a case like that, and you'd hit them during recovery.

So I had that idea against sols riot stomp and the IK itself didn't have the invul to actually beat the move. Might be limited to stuff like blocking a bad uppercut or something?