9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Depends on height/spacing.  If you're using it from low enough to the ground or far enough away that you'll barely clip their hitbox, it's going to be hard for them to have a move that's fast enough to punish.  However, you're pretty much giving them initiative unless they're really scared into blocking.

If you're high up when you make contact they might be able to IB > combo as the punish (Sol's 3f 5K should be able to do this), and if you're touch distance when you land they can probably throw you.  The window isn't that big so you can get away with it sometimes if you're spacing it right and mixing things up enough that they don't IB on reaction every time.  Just be careful when using Sdive since it's less safe, which sucks since you only get a combo on CH (talking post patch).  One of the things I liked about +R was that Sdive lead to a combo on regular hit, but prorated 80%, whereas Kdive only lead to a combo on CH, but was safer on block and led to unprorated damage.  Oh well.

I've noticed some I-No players don't do the follow up chemical love sometimes. Why is that? What are the benefits of not doing the follow up chemical love?

if your opponent has their feet on the ground or is very low in the air, horizontal chemical love is a knockdown, and lets you act MUCH faster than after the followup, letting you setup things like note or fastfall vertical chemical love. Basically, it leads to a much better wakeup game.

omg i can't wait until hcl hits a standing faust

The first thing I'm going to do after the patch hits is 2s -> HCL on standing Faust, then cry for hours

So the extra active frames for SM didn't extend into the startup frames.  You still can't do stuff like 2S/2D > SM to catch a Burst.  : (

Corner 5D > dash j.H > c.S > 5H > STBT-H > dash j.H > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive                                       (SO: 145)

Corner 5D > dash j.H > 5H > STBT-H > dash j.H > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive               (SO: 147) (Multi-hit Note)

Corner 5D > dash j.H > 5H > STBT-H > dash j.H > 6H > HCL ~ D                                                            (SO: 152)

CH Kdive and CH Sdive now tumble them away from I-No after the knockdown.  You can't relaunch like a normal floorslide, but they get corner pushed a sizeable amount (more than 2S range).  However, RC now lets you catch them before they hit the ground and actually start a combo.  It kinda sucks because Kdive prorates 85% and Sdive prorates 70%, and we get the additional 80% forced prorate from RC, but hey WE CAN ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING FOR SPENDING METER ON HIT.  I consider this a bug fix and not a buff, but hey we got something!

CH Sdive wallbounces in the corner so we get to start a combo meterless.

f.S stagger can be shaken out of really fast.  Even with the dash cancel on f.S being one of the better ones, I can't dash cancel into anything (even when special canceling the dash cancel into Fortissimo) and have it combo.  However, at stagger lvl 3 you can comb into STBT-S on CH.  So it feels like f.S's minimum stagger is about how much stun there was before on CH, but if they don't shake out (shake out at lvl 1 or worse) you can get something better than just HCL for knockdown.

Corner CH Sdive > c.S > VCL > c.S > 5H > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Kdive                                         (SO:  139)

Corner CH Kdive > RC > j.D > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > 5H > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive             (SO: 161) (Multi-hit Note)

Mid Screen CH Sdive > RC > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D                                   (SO:  90)

Mid Screen CH Kdive > RC > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D                                   (SO:  124)

2S > HCL works at max range now!

f.S > HCL works at max range now!

Fully charged Kdive causes floorbounce!

Fully charged Sdive causes floorslide!

Corner charged Kdive > c.S > VCL > c.S > 5H > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive                                   (SO: 176) (Multi-hit Note)

Mid screen charged Kdive > 5H > IAD > j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D                                   (SO:  151)

Corner charged Sdive > dash j.D > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > 5H > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive      (SO:  139) (Multi-hit Note)

Mid screen charged Sdive > STBT-H (CORNER PUSH!!!!) > wallsplat dash j.S > dj.S > dj.H > Kdive   (SO:  92)  I'm phoning it in since it's late.  You get the picture.

*Edit*

Elphelt can still roll under I-No's 2K/2S/2D.

Elphelt can still roll through projectiles (can roll through Fortissimo on reaction).

I thought they were buffing the vertical hitbox on 2K/2S so you couldn't low profile under them anymore?  Also I thought they were nerfing Elphelt's roll?

2S moves her forward a bit more in neutral, but I can't tell if there's a difference when gatling chained into. It doesn't seem to make comboing into sweep any more reliable as I tested some strings on the previous version and got the same results in the patch (unless the character specifically got  a ground hurtbox extension). However being able to cancel sweep into note later is definitely useful vs characters who wake up later.

I'm so glad SM is a legit anti-air now to add another angle that some of her other AAs are hard to catch imo.

2S > HCL works at max range now!

f.S > HCL works at max range now!

I don't know which character you tested this on, but all the characters i've tested, this doesn't work. HCL hits, but it's not a combo.

Ground SM is a legit anti-air now, that's REALLY nice.

S dive in corner is much better in the sense that you can't get crossed into the corner anymore unless you hit them so high that you wouldn't be able to combo afterwards anyway. Opens up new combo routes.

Did the improved input leniency help anyone else with anything? I can do the IAD j.K link A LOT more consistently now.

The input buffer increase has helped me stop trying to j.D FDC with burst sans button hold technique!  I used to be about 50-50 with it using a very careful delayed plink, but now I get gold burst without fail every time.  This is great because I'll finally stop my insane burst-gamble completely and smarten up. :yaaay:

IAD's definitely seem easier all around though.  Last time I sat down in training mode I was just starting to learn how to do IAD loops with Sin, and literally overnight I'm pulling off triple IAD loops with close to a 100% success rate.

Did the improved input leniency help anyone else with anything? I can do the IAD j.K link A LOT more consistently now.

yeah same here.  I'm getting the IAD j.K way more often now.

Her changes seem great.

Weird one I just noticed.. They gave her air backdash off P dive bounce. Originally it was forward dash only.

... Not that you would necessarily want this but you could do like... Cross up p dive, backdash over into vcl. Probably better for just running, backdash note or cl on blocked dive

Changes to air super execution also seems to allow for 242664S again (maybe you could do it pre-patch and I just never tried much?)

Her changes seem great.

Weird one I just noticed.. They gave her air backdash off P dive bounce. Originally it was forward dash only.

... Not that you would necessarily want this but you could do like... Cross up p dive, backdash over into vcl. Probably better for just running, backdash note or cl on blocked dive

Changes to air super execution also seems to allow for 242664S again (maybe you could do it pre-patch and I just never tried much?)

Really? 

This might be good for the Ariscool special to bait stuff now. 

Yeah, with 2S/f.S HCL still whiffs against characters like Sol and Venom far enough, being 5HS the only exception if they are not crouching but that was already possible before, and I don't see that supposed buff with 2D either as still whiffs the same way as before, except that is true that now you can cancel it with a note later.

I don't really like that I-No still gets rejected with the note if the opponent is near her, that means you can't even call the note after a knockdown with K/S Dive unless you get that distance from the opponent with CH and you have to do 2K with the risk of getting a reversal throw, and I tried to do stuff like HCL>DCL>RC> charged S Dive but it doesn't seem to be worth of it, instead spending that meter for Ultimate Fortissimo is still your best option.

I think it would have been fair enough if they made 2S low again now that I-No's overheads are also at even more risk of getting rejected, I saw that Ogawa doesn't even put I-No B tier anymore, funny enough when he at first was complaining about I-No getting those buffs, IMO while I do think is fair that now I-No gets rejected if she abuses of VCL they should have done an exception with the note, and there's also that even if I-No doesn't get rejected BS still helps your opponent because they don't have to block all the hits that the note would have done otherwise.

I don't know if it's just me (or if it has already been addressed elsewhere, sorry), but I can no longer j.D > FD cancel with burst stocked. I believe its being caused by that input buffer increase, but nonetheless i am really disappointed as being able to do it consistently with / without burst stocked was a big component of my play. Please someone tell me that I just suck and that it's still possible. 

The method where you hold FD ahead of time still worked for me when I tried it on Thursday night.  It might suck to learn at first, but getting a burst when you want it instead of flubbing the input is probably more important than having to learn to hide your inputs.  I'll try the j.D > FD method later and see what I can come up with.

I had tested the 2S > HCL and f.S > HCL thing on Sol.  I'll check it again later, but I spent close to a minute on each because I wanted to be sure of it.  Maybe I messed up.

Her changes seem great.

You don't have to hit the diagonals due to the complexity of the input as well as the new input leniency system. If its an input with anything more than a half-circle motion, you can skip the diagonals.

I always did 23623664+S for hover dash instant air super to bait anti-hover pokes, didn't know about the other shortcut. Works great in the air too, 2362364+S