9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

I love simple tech. Some of you may have seen it already but anyway here's a video showing j.D kara canceled into SM: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28042219 

The input is 2147D~HS from the ground or just 214D~HS if you're already in the air. Since you're plinking from D to HS it will use your Burst if you have it. 

Kara canceling j.D stops the upward trajectory of SM, giving you an air SM that's really close to the ground. The video demonstrates the most obvious application: I-no lands earlier so it's safer to whiff than a regular TK SM against opponents who don't air tech.

Not sure if asked before, but is I-no's burst overdrive in Revelator throwable on startup? I didn't get a lot of time with the demo and will be going to a session right after work today.

IB his Elk Hunt (the low slide) when he pressures you with it.  It's a lvl4 move at +2, so if you IB that puts it at -2, and he'll be pretty close to you.  You might not be close enough to throw, but his fastest options to chain into are his DP (frame 9) and Beak Driver (frame 11), which gives you enough time to punish with a move like 2K.  If you're scared of the DP (shouldn't be really, if he has to take this risk you can hang him for it by making him whiff), 2P's total animation is 10 frames, so if your IB > 2P is frame perfect you'd recover in time to block the DP anyway.  He could also go for the hop, but that's a slower option and you should have less trouble beating it at this range.

In neutral he can Beak Driver through your notes.  Shoot the notes just above where this works and then drop them on his head (or close enough to it that if he blocks the note with the beak driver, the multi hits of the note lock him down so you can shoot another one).  On hit you should get enough time to get closer for HCL knockdown and start your game up.

Well spaced hops are definitely hard to deal with because of the angle of his jump ins.  His mixup otherwise isn't that scary - he'll probably get the most of his hits in neutral, and after that his successful mixups will come from honest jump-in type stuff, sometimes from a well-spaced hop, where he 50/50s off of the air normal with Vulture Seize (the scoop) or a low.  Bull Bash is too slow to ever mix you up, and if he doesn't cover himself properly by YRCing it from time to time, it's like he's screaming "Blitz me please!".  He can also do fuzzy type stuff from his normals and actually get something for it in the corner, or maybe do no damage but get corner push from mid screen (hough I'm not sure how effective his fuzzy stuff is against I-No's hurtbox), but once he's chaining his special moves his mixup isn't scary at all.

Finally, his pressure has to stop sometime so he can eat.  If you block until he has few calories left, look for the openings where he tries to eat and figure out a way to punish.  Usually by then he'll have the meter to YRC his eating and reset pressure or to cover his ass with Voltic Deign.  You'll deal with these situations differently, but they do create gaps where you can wiggle around and take the initiative.  Usually you have to take some form of risk to deal with the super through, like a 50/50 escape with jump into dive, or STBT, where success gets you initiative and failure gives him a big combo.  You can try to outrun it, or maybe you'll have meter to block > Dead Angle.

Has anyone noticed the little fastfall property the command move gets sometimes? Sometimes it's floaty, sometimes it's a pretty rapid drop. Not sure what causes it, really.

10 minutes ago, PhantomBlood said:

Has anyone noticed the little fastfall property the command move gets sometimes? Sometimes it's floaty, sometimes it's a pretty rapid drop. Not sure what causes it, really.

Which move?  VCL?

I think he means the command throw, the move recovers faster the more close you're in the ground, so if you do for example hover dash and immediately the command throw I-No will have to wait longer to fall in the ground, but if after the hover dash you wait to be close to the ground you'll fall more quickly, or even like Ultimate Fortissimo if it's close enough to the ground the command throw will not really happen.

EDIT: There you have it.

Has anyone figured out how to make a good use of the P Dive when it doesn't bounce? I've found many cases when it happens, but even then I was not able to come out with a combo that was really worth the effort though, here's an easy example where I found it happens against Leo.

On 4/24/2016 at 7:14 PM, PhantomBlood said:

I mean the 663 command dash thing

i have been wondering this forever but too lazy to comb through the internet. can't get it to consistently happen so i have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

On 5/7/2016 at 9:46 PM, severinj said:

i have been wondering this forever but too lazy to comb through the internet. can't get it to consistently happen so i have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

It's about inputting the 3 very very briefly.  I attempt it sometimes on oki for variety/distraction and in weaving around fireballs in neutral, but it's very easy to hold it too long.  Sometimes this still gives room for a late-airdash mixup on oki (if your fingers were inputting a redash anyway), but it's pretty easy to punish if you get too high and out of position.

On 5/6/2016 at 7:50 AM, Clousephinat said:

Has anyone figured out how to make a good use of the P Dive when it doesn't bounce? I've found many cases when it happens, but even then I was not able to come out with a combo that was really worth the effort though, here's an easy example where I found it happens against Leo.

Try Throw RC 6696 P-Dive.  Leads to 5H, has good corner carry and is universal.

After patch 1.03 Sol has an increased hurtbox while getting hit so no need anymore to sj in the 6P > 5H combos on him.

About the sj > iad in the 6P > 5H combos when I use the 236956~j.K method (I normally use 2956) sometimes I get a sj > iad and sometimes a sj > K Dive.

I have no idea what I'm doing different in the two cases.

I tried sj cancelling late/early, slow/fast motion, pressing j.K late/early, pressing j.K with no direction, pressing j.K+6 and j.K+4 but I wasn't able to find a correlation.

Any idea guys?

6:20

I-no Super jumps, Airdashes, does the dust dive, then airdashes TWICE. I thought super jump+airdash was possible with Jump Install, how about the other 2? Are jumps reset when you use a Force Break?