9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

I found something neat, I don't know if this works on the cast but I tested with Sol, Ky, and May and it works (but varying degrees of difficulty depending on the character, sol is the easiest)

HD S > jump cancel forward > slight delay > j.D

if done right, you should hit them as a crossup. The problem is I can't figure out any good combos out of this without using RC, j.D launches them really high and you cant jump cancel again to follow up in the air, so this might not really be any good if there is no follow up, but it is really ambiguous. Try on sol first as I found him the easiest to do.

They have to be standing too, doesn't work on crouch

Yellow color is the tits, as usual.  Glad they included that one.

I love the Xrd changes for I-No as a whole, except that 5P, 5H, IAD, j,K, j.S, VCL is so much more important now.  Connecting that IAD j.K is so frigging difficult, and I've always had trouble buffering a low IAD off of 5H.

I found something neat, I don't know if this works on the cast but I tested with Sol, Ky, and May and it works (but varying degrees of difficulty depending on the character, sol is the easiest)

if done right, you should hit them as a crossup. The problem is I can't figure out any good combos out of this without using RC, j.D launches them really high and you cant jump cancel again to follow up in the air, so this might not really be any good if there is no follow up, but it is really ambiguous. Try on sol first as I found him the easiest to do.

j.D>UF should work.

j.S (blocked) j.D>UF> j.S>dj.S>dj.S>HCL~Follow Up did 210 on Sol for me.

Hello, I've been learning a bit of I-no in xrd. I've been watching a few videos of hasegawa and osca and after reading this thread I have a few questions.

For hover dash cancelable normals, what is the input for it? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I've been just doing (hover dash cancelable normal ) > 66 j.K/j.S/etc. 

I've seen fast-fall VCL used a lot (especially against potemkin), is there +frames when ffVCL is used or are players just conditioned/respecting the YRC on the VCL and don't expect it?

I apologize if these have been asked/answered before. Thanks!

I've read both suggestion about jD FDC. (Plinking thing,and holding 2 buttons in quick succession).

But why not just using input priorities? I cannot test right now, but since:

D > P > K > S > HS

If you input, for example:

HD K+S (hold both) > jD~4

Ino should (visually) do:

HD K > jFD

without any risk to burst, no?

And you could do:

HD S+HS (hold both) > jD~4

if you want to jump cancel from jS.

I cannot test right now, but in theory, that should work.

You can't jump cancel from j.P, j.K, or j.D, and you have to jump or HD into j.D to be able to FDC it, so some of your examples wont work.  Those things do work as you say when you do [j.S-K] > dj.D FDC though.  You can even decide to do this a little late after going into a regular j.D mixup before landing out of a HD... something like dash in j.K > j.S > delay j.D-[KS] > dj.D-4.  Has the risk of bursting if you press a button with D, but as long as you're not on the same frame you wont burst, and there's enough active frames that you could jump cancel a little late and still have time to press the K+S.

OneSanitarum covered this, but this tactic worked in +R and was actually pretty nice.  HCL still hit behind I-No then and with the second airdash you could 4FRC4 and pick up a combo for less meter.  I don't think you'll get anything off of this in Xrd besides Fortissimo, so you'll have to commit the meter.  Since it also doesn't work on crouching, j.D FDC > j.S will probably be our go-to for cross ups, though more mixup options will always help us.

So a good way to do j.D fdc when you have a burst available is to hold 2 buttons, do j.D, then tap back.  You can hide the button holds in a variety of ways.  If you want to do j.d>fdc off a jump cancel you can do the jump cancellable normal, hold that button and quickly hold another button, jump, do j.D, then tap back.  

Confirmed for working!

I don't know if you invented this technique, but here's your obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnAYgNnA5A0

So none of you old time I-no players knew of that? I thought people just didn't use it because it was a more complicated input that just j.D~FDC.

I never bothered with j.D FDC in previous games because it was hard to do, had the risk of wasting your burst and frankly fucking sucked because of that 8f landing recovery. I can already think of a nice amount of setups to use the hold button technique in blockstrings.

Not to leave the I-no army, Cuz damn theres a lot of us online but I'm going to probably be playing Leo whitefang. I 've just come to the conclusion thatguilty gear isn't for every one. You guys may say she's easy but that's only because you all are used to playing her hardcore in +R so I understand why you would say that but overall it's a hard game and regardless of how she used to be a first time player of guilty gear period would struggle.

Hopefully Leo is easy with no character specifics. I hate that I won't be learning her but fresh meat like me gotta start where I can. I will continue to play her a bit just for fun but I won't spend much time learning her anymore.

I may comeback to her later but for now I hope you allstars reck Sols, Rams, Sins,Elphelts, and Zatos for me.

Btw I see a lot of I-no online so if you see a KonannFriends I-no or Leo it will be me but who are you all?

So I'm new to GF and I like I-No's character design, but I don't like playing characters that presumably are at the very bottom of the list. I'm not saying she is, but the main question here is I'm hearing mixed complaints on whether she is still really good or sucks in this version. Can I get some I opinions here on that and also how she should generally be played?

Also, can someone explain why Millia is so good!?

I-no is fantastic in this version. She does good damage, her mixup is still strong, and she has one of the best YRC's in the game with VCL YRC. Doing it right and they HAVE to block you.

I'm sure the only reason I-no is not top tier because her pressure has to be reset with her dash like Izayoi but in BlazBLUE there's block stun so izayoi could do a move that prevents the oponent from mashing before she dash cancelled but since in guilty gear I-no doesn't seem to have any normals that forcs the oponent to block for a certain amount of frames l,after her short mix up the oponent will mash cause in GGXRD from my experience no one respects pressure.

I'm sure the only reason I-no is not top tier because her pressure has to be reset with her dash like Izayoi but in BlazBLUE there's block stun so izayoi could do a move that prevents the oponent from mashing before she dash cancelled but since in guilty gear I-no doesn't seem to have any normals that forcs the oponent to block for a certain amount of frames l,after her short mix up the oponent will mash cause in GGXRD from my experience no one respects pressure.

Screw tiers, pick I-No because she's fun.

And my lesbian waifu.

What? Do you mean she doesn't have any moves that are + on block, but she does doesn't she? (I don't remember which normal it is though.)

So none of you old time I-no players knew of that? I thought people just didn't use it because it was a more complicated input that just j.D~FDC.

I was a dirty casual pad-player. Just started learning seriously fighting games when I got a stick back in January. Don't judge me ;-;

I hate this too.  Of the default colors the blue is my favorite.  I don't think you get it if you buy the DLC color pack either, which is bogus.  At least the DLC has "Koichi purple", "Fire Mario", and a couple of other good colors in there.

Oh yeah, so another thing I had noticed was that the issue I had with double jumping out of YRC... turns out it's like a minimum height requirement or something?  Kind of odd since you can YRC HCL or VCL and have enough height to dash, but if you want to double jump you have to be higher in the air.  I realized it when trying to double jump after TKing SM and YRCing it.  If I jumped higher before using SM YRC, I could double jump, but if I TK'd SM YRC I couldn't double jump.  :psyduck:

If the blue I-No is default, why would you need to buy it? O_o

What? Do you mean she doesn't have any moves that are + on block, but she does doesn't she? (I don't remember which normal it is though.)

No she has several plus moves but they aren't exactly useful

Stroke the big tree is plus but there a huge gap where the oponent can jump out before you hit them so it's lest reliable but a good neutral tool and way out of the corner. Also it's good low attack I wish it had better counter hit properties.

2p is plus 3 but the range is really bad so unless you are starting pressure with 2p then it's frame advantage means nothing

And 5hs is good but its potential to cause block stun sucks because the normals used in a block string before this move push I-no too far back to actually hit the opponents guard.( I think 5k and 3k both push back)

Because ArcSys thought it was cute to have a color that is only selectable in a mirror match retain that requirements for a console release. We still can't even select it after the DLC, so it remains "Same character, same color, second to chose gets it".

Srry bout this

I'm sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel better I mained Sol for like 2 weeks in AC, stopped playing and when +R dropped on jp PSN I switched to I-No. And now I'm probably worth mentioning when it comes to I-No's of the South.

I still believe in you. 

No she has several plus moves but they aren't exactly useful

Stroke the big tree is plus but there a huge gap where the oponent can jump out before you hit them so it's lest reliable but a good neutral tool and way out of the corner. Also it's good low attack I wish it had better counter hit properties.

2p is plus 3 but the range is really bad so unless you are starting pressure with 2p then it's frame advantage means nothing

And 5hs is good but its potential to cause block stun sucks because the normals used in a block string before this move push I-no too far back to actually hit the opponents guard.( I think 5k and 3k both push back)

The nice thing about 2P is you can frame trap with 5H and you also tick throw easier with it now.

Can you do anything at all off a 5H counterhit?

I see you can hoverdash > anything on a 2H counterhit so is there any reason to ever counter fish with 5HS over 2HS?

Do you think if enough of us complain to ark we'll get the blue color? 

Btw, sterilization method is really good against those people who jump to get away from i-no when they're in note range

So I'm new to GF and I like I-No's character design, but I don't like playing characters that presumably are at the very bottom of the list. I'm not saying she is, but the main question here is I'm hearing mixed complaints on whether she is still really good or sucks in this version. Can I get some I opinions here on that and also how she should generally be played?

Also, can someone explain why Millia is so good!?

Tiers shouldn't justify how you approach a game. Lots of people do well with characters that are considered low-tier because they practice, and most importantly they have fun. If you want to play something that's top-tier, you should mosey on over to the Zato or Faust forums, but you'll only limit your capabilities if you're not playing a character you like just because the character is high-tier. People are still figuring out her new tools and tech but she's basically a high-pressure mixup character. You want to put the opponent in a position where they can't guess or react to what you're doing so you can open up for a combo. Millia is a super-fast rushdown character with a strong mix-up game that makes it very difficult to react to her. If you're having trouble against her, you should try playing her a bit to see what to look out for and how certain moves work so you can improve your defense against her.