9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Glad to see that 'corner Fortissimo > c.S > VCL > c.S' still works against some characters.  'Fort > 5H > VCL > c.S' probably still works too, and I bet the 'c.S > VCL > c.S' on chipp could have continued into '5H > j.H > Sdive > c.S > whatever'.  I know we'll figure out other ways to optimize our combos when we finally get the game.  I can't wait.  I-No's comeback potential is going to be insane with Hellfire Fortissimo, and our oki against a Hellfire opponent with time-freeze IK mode is going to be absurd if our IK has startup invulnerability on it.

I want to see a lot more experimenting with the dash cancels on her 5H and 6H.  '6P > 5H > j.D' doesn't really work because you can't get into horizontal range for j.D to hit, but if you can dash cancel in the same amount of time as a jump cancel it might work.  Otherwise you could probably be a lot closer when going directly into j.H, which might be better for follow ups, and might make 6H useful for combos (thinking 'whatever > 6H second hit > upward dash j.H > Pdive', rather than linking into j.S which doesn't do a whole lot of damage).

I wonder what's the earliest you can RC a VCL during hitstun and have the beam still go active.  I think I saw a video where note slows down during time slow, which I guess makes sense since it's a projectile.  Think that'd apply to VCL going active?  Would probably lead to some great combos where VCL hits late while we set up something awesome.

What I'm really curious is about using YRC with SP input H, the thing with this was to land more quickly and sometimes it was useful for more combos or evade/counter a counterattack, not to mention the huge difference in attacking Justice/Potemkin with I-No than try to do the stuff with Kliff/Eddie for example.

With the time freeze now, I believe we can clearly expect to follow it with more combos ten times at least more easy than before (and probably it will be the only thing useful for I-No in Danger Time) and to be even useful as a IK Hellfire finisher without the need of using Throw RRC.

Koichi played I-no at Arcs tournament and losed to Azesuke May. There were a lot of I-no players

Tears of joy! Lets hope he doesn't switch again. Wasn't he Millia or Bedman before though?

He experimented with Bedman, just like he experimented with Kliff when +R came out.  I think I read somewhere that he originally started with Millia, then made the switch to I-No with GG Slash and kinda stuck with that, though he still plays Millia from time to time.

Wonder if the May matchup is still a pain in the nuts or if it's a little better.  We don't have FBdive to stop jump ins, but her 6P doesn't seem as crazy as before.

Can't wait to see the I-No footage!

Well, in one of the Arc Revolution Cup Koichi lost the first match with I-No against someone playing as Anji, these things happen.

So, Koichi has finally made his comeback with I-No in Xrd? I though he was still playing with Bedman, yeah.

Don't forget to check the videos in the database I link in my signature!  I don't know who runs it, but I'm damn thankful that exists, so I put it in my sig so everyone can see it.

I will, thanks for the heads up. Getting as much as I can into the thread, and then organizing it to be all pretty, is going to take a little while!

I already watched some of the videos, that entry is really useful! Thanks for sharing it and whoever is in charge of that.

And talking about YRC in HCL, in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y57B48uny4&feature=player_detailpage#t=92

Seems like you will still have to press the forward button before doing a succesful YRC in order to air dash?

I have about 96%+ of all Ino matches on youtube, I think at least, in the video thread. Woo. If anyone wants me to organize the videos in a certain way, or have complaints, just lemme know. I'll try to add Nico videos on my next grind, at least using the video database.

edit: Oh, acho has a new video with Ino in it atm. I'll do that too before I take a break. I hope people find the thread useful!

edit2: I may have forgotten to view a-chos stuff, so that'll be before the nicovideos.

I have about 96%+ of all Ino matches on youtube, I think at least, in the video thread. Woo. If anyone wants me to organize the videos in a certain way, or have complaints, just lemme know. I'll try to add Nico videos on my next grind, at least using the video database.

edit: Oh, acho has a new video with Ino in it atm. I'll do that too before I take a break. I hope people find the thread useful!

edit2: I may have forgotten to view a-chos stuff, so that'll be before the nicovideos.

You are a god. Thank you.

I found a new channel with some GG matches, but once I'm done with that I think I just may be finished putting videos into the thread. :IN: I have every video I checked on in the JP data base, though I didn't check on every individual video. When do I MOD?

But really. Tri Amusement matches incoming.

edit: Alright. Done. Imei is a pretty good looking I-no player.

And with that, there's about ~181 matches (not counting longer sets), and a few combo videos in the thread. Feels good.

Wow, some sort of taunt tactic I guess. U-zen also seems to like to try and loop VCL after a j.236S instead of going for dive loops it seems. And Note YRC is definitely an extremely easy way in for I-no.

U-zen also did ...>IADj.K>j.S>VCL>land>dash momentum VCL to get better spacing into the loop during his second mirror. I was hoping that would be a thing.

Oh man. And he did j.D FDC to bait a reversal super. U-zen is so fun to watch.

AND j.D FDC for a cross up holy hell.

Wow, some sort of taunt tactic I guess. U-zen also seems to like to try and loop VCL after a j.236S instead of going for dive loops it seems. And Note YRC is definitely an extremely easy way in for I-no.

U-zen also did ...>IADj.K>j.S>VCL>land>dash momentum VCL to get better spacing into the loop during his second mirror. I was hoping that would be a thing.

Oh man. And he did j.D FDC to bait a reversal super. U-zen is so fun to watch.

AND j.D FDC for a cross up holy hell.

Did the dash momentum VCL combo? That would be nice yo.

And that cross up was beast.