9TNine

[Xrd] I-No Gameplay Discussion

Double Post, sorry. It has good stuff I swear!

www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/526248551?t=2h40m08s

Has the Faust BSing Note oki to throw Hasegawa.

(also this match is the start of Hasegawa showing up on and off for about 2ish hours until they switch to +R)

At 3h 22m, Hasegawa starts a match that would lead to a 12 win streak, which I may upload since I don't know how long Jonio is going to keep his stuff up.

Hasegawa has done a few good cross ups with j.K, but he gets a perfect corner spacing for VCL YRC adj.K at 4h04m02s. Wasn't able to convert anything off of it though.

OSCA just finished two 12 minute training mode sets starting at 9h11m15s that I'm probably going to save and upload just because he does a few pretty cool things. Like a relaunch from her command grab (SM>late j.236P>66>j.H>land>5P>...)

Yeah, it seems like doing it without any RC penalty could give ~25% just for double j.236H. I wonder if it's easier to do on everyone, I assume so since it's being performed on Ky.

I'm really glad I saw that OSCA was in training mode and recording it. Also really glad OSCA was trying new things, practicing the j.D FDC is exciting. And the SM combos are koo.

Would also like to point out, prior to the footage, I had no idea your tension bar flashed when you could do the IK activation freeze for 50 tension.

EDIT: Wouldn't mind seeing how much damage and tension gain [2K>6P>5H>TKj.236H>TKj.236H>c.S>sj.S>sj.H>j.236P>66>j.H>(j.236P>)j.236K] did.

If the numbers haven't changed, the base values are that you get 2% for using dive, and 4.8% on hit.  That's a little over 15% for each Psycho Crusher, and almost 7% for the other dives.

By convention, normals tend to give 1.44 for lvl 1 attacks, 2.64 for lvl 2-3 attacks, and 3.84 for level 4-5 attacks, but only on hit.  Special moves are all over the place.

And of course this varies based on your pulse, which is determined by how close you stay to the opponent and how "aggressive" you are.  Being close to negative penalty reduces your tension gain, so back dashing a lot and running away hurts, but getting in their face helps, as does using IB (and SB before Xrd).  I can't really tell if pulse is still a thing, but I haven't really looked that closely and haven't watched a bunch of footage.  There's that wave effect that goes across your meter now just like the effect in P4A, but as far as I can tell it's just cosmetic (it moves at the same time for both players).

Anyway, I remember seeing a AC combo video with a 3rep Hdive loop on RoboKy right after HCL FRC (remember that FRC prorates meter gain to like 20% for a few seconds) that nearly built up the 25% that was used on the FRC.  If you didn't do it right after something that prorates meter gain, you could probably optimize for at least 50% meter, even at negative warning.  The damage will suck compared to regular dive loops which already give good meter, so it'd only be worth it off of a heavily prorated move... in +R off of 2K > 6P > 5H, or off of f.S.  I remember being excited at the idea of FBdive corner push > Hdive loop for building meter before I tested and found out that FBs prorate meter gain just like FRCs.

On the plus side, I've noticed that I-No's combos sometimes last so long that her meter gain prorate goes away before she finishes with knockdown, if she uses VCL YRC oki.  I'm wondering if the time slow on YRC/RC counts toward the prorate timer, which would mean that delaying as close to the full second as possible off of RC would be a beneficial (though arbitrary and stupid) thing to do.  You know, whenever it wont cost you the optimum combo...

If I was born on sticks over pad I could make effective testing.  Nothing else to do but endure the beat down 1% win ratio here I come!

Maybe the real reason why YRC exists is entirely due to I-No? Haha, who knows.

Well, that OSCA training was really interesting, the details I would like to point...

- So now, you can do easily SP input P>airdash>j.S>j.K, and yeah, this is something almost impossible to do in the other games.

- I'm sure it was already pointed, but now you can use 6HS with the opponent in the air for combo purposes, but in Reload for example, if you do 6P>6HS, the opponent can recover after the first hit of that same attack so it was useless to do, now it doesn't seem to be the case.

- Doing 6P>5HS>airdash>j.K or j.S it's still not safe unless you are trying to do it with the opponent in the corner, but still, we can make use of that now with the new Air Throw if this happens.

- Depending on how is used SP input S, it will be better to try and follow up with 5P instead of 5S like before.

- I-No seems to use ALWAYS the boss voice in Training Mode, she "fights" against Ky with the boss voice as well saying a special quote when she defeats him, like back then in Arcade Mode or Story Mode when she was confronted with a character other than Sol, Axl, Justice or Order-Sol before the battle takes place.

This is bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6eB5bQv8hY#t=428

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6eB5bQv8hY#t=471

HCL (and VCL too for what I've seen in another video) is really much shorter than before, and taking into account too that D of I-No would probably be again the most easy one to avoid, I guess I-No's note is going to have a lot of work to be done this time.

HCL definitely has a shortened range, but it doesn't seem to harm her zoning with it anyway. She can still use YRC to get in pretty easily from ranges that it wouldn't hit, and that's good.

Sterilization Method beats Potemkins Mega Fist. I enjoy that. I really want it to be able to beat Bedmans ground pound, but It's doubtful since I've not seen it yet. 
You can really see how much untech time j.236P does in OSCA's 3on3 matches. Does what almost feels like j.236P>66>late j.236P in this match from SM.

Also, this moment in a vs May match looked really damn weird.

If we could get just a little bit more vs Chipp matches, we'd have a good amount of footage against everyone. And at the 2nd page of the video thread with mostly updates! Woo. :toot:

Sorry for no video thread updates in a while, stuff stuffed and stuff. May have missed a few videos with the recent update, will give a closer look to make sure within the next day!

AKN does Note YRC>IAD SM, looks like you could probably do this to cross up before the note even hits?

I was thinking precisely, maybe now that I-No is able to fly upwards during hover dash, it could be an excellent tool for avoid players trying to evade the note, although of course I didn't see any player trying to have the advantage on that, but if you could by chance do an airdash during that It could be really useful, and at the very least I see this as a good tool also in order to call the note in a good position so the enemy can't just jump to avoid the note after being knocked down.

And talking about that also, I think I saw long ago during the first gameplays someone using the hover dash after 6HS, I'm right? Because then again, I'm surprised anyone tried to do 6HS>hover dash>j.s and such.

EDIT: Good, I just found what you were looking for! here.

Since, IIRC, the upwards hoverdash input is 663, that lends itself to doing a note towards a would be crouching opponent and being able to be upwards in the air to chase them if they jump.

6HS is one of her dash cancelable normals, IIRC. It's not as early as a standard cancel would be, but it still lets her dash a bit earlier than she could otherwise.

Wait so (crouching opponent) 2k>2s>2hs>(S)STBT>HVL doesn't work anymore?

And also is there a picture for all of I-no's colors? I've only really seen about 4.

Crouching 2H>S STBT still works, but stagger is much easier to break out of now.

At some point I could try and take screenshots of all the pallets if you'd like.

Default, White(2rio), Green(Hasegawa), Yellow(OSCA), Pink(AKN), and Black (U-zen). I might do that right now actually. Give me a few I guess.

edit: Not in the order, to my knowledge. But these are the colors. Low quality, but oh well.

ibylbLhzepmEJM.png

Edit2: Found the order.

1 Default

2 Green

3 White

4 Black

5 Yellow

6 Pink/Dark skin

Ah, thanks man.

Looks like I'll use the yellow and black one the most, white one the second most, then the green one. 

I'm surprised I'm not diggin the black one though, it had potential.

6P>5H>STBT doesn't work, right? 2S after STBT is cool, but I wouldn't think they buffed 5H untech time...though it would make sjIADj.K after it easier.

It might also make it possible to do stuff like 6P > 5H > j.D in the corner, which would lead to much higher damage than before if j.D still hits for 40.  This is something I'm planning on trying out since I think 5H was listed as one of I-No's dash-cancelable moves.  Probably wont work, but it's worth a shot.

I think, IIRC, the dash cancel window is really late in the move, so it probably wouldn't work.

I think STBT YRC>air throw may be able to work as a gimmicky AA if they're further away. At the very least, STBT YRC>into actual anti air I guess!