MikelAL93

[CP/EX] Kagura Mutsuki - FAQ/Q&A thread

BBCP_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Ask any questions you have about Kagura right here. Remember to BOLD the question you are asking, or quote the question you are answering to make things faster or easier to follow.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do I unlock Kagura?
A: Beat Story mode (This includes all three story arcs (Six Heroes, Chronophantasma, and Sector Seven), gag reels are optional.) or buy the unlock code for 250 yen on the Japanese PlayStation Store.

Q: When will Kagura be available for arcades?
A: Kagura, along with Terumi and Kokonoe, will be available for arcades mid-March, complete with balance changes which can be found in the gameplay discussion thread's first post.

Q: On what characters does IOH j.C work on?
A: Our very own Seo has compiled a list of what characters IOH j.C will or will not work on. (Characters in red are ones that it does work on, but the spacing is much too specific to be practical.)

Neutral: Relius, Hakumen, Tager, Hazama, Terumi, Jin, Arakune, Carl, Platinum, Valk.

6B Blockstun: Ragna, Hakumen, Tager, Jin, Carl, Valk.

B orb Blockstun: Ragna, Mu, Relius, Makoto, Tao, Hakumen, Tager, Amane, Jin, Carl, Valk, Bang, Nu, Kagura.

Edited by MikelAL93

A: Beat Story mode 100% (This includes gag endings from episodes with a star mark on them, to access the gag ending, select option 2) or buy the unlock code for 250 yen on the Japanese PlayStation Store

Not true. You do not have to beat the story 100 percent. You DO have to reach the end of the story by completing all 3 storys true paths (top answer choices) Gag reels are NOT required for Kagura

A: Beat Story mode 100% (This includes gag endings from episodes with a star mark on them, to access the gag ending, select option 2) or buy the unlock code for 250 yen on the Japanese PlayStation Store

Not true. You do not have to beat the story 100 percent. You DO have to reach the end of the story by completing all 3 storys true paths (top answer choices) Gag reels are NOT required for Kagura

Oh, so the gag reels aren't required for it? I'll correct this right now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry, I should have posted here first! :)

What are some safe blockstrings/pressure/good pokes that I can apply with Kagura from neutral?

Also, I looked at the combo thread but it's a little bit overwhelming :(

Are there 2 or 3 "basic" midscreen meterless combos (not even BnB) that I can work on to get a feel for his timings?

Edited by Kakimori

Are there 2 or 3 "basic" midscreen meterless combos (not even BnB) that I can work on to get a feel for his timings?

I recommend these 2 to start:

2A 2B 3C 2D~C 4[]6B - for oki

2A 2B 3C 2D~C 5D~A 6D~28D - for super

The B orb gives you better oki. Generally, I would use the super ender only if it's going to kill the opponent.

You can do these combos after overhead, too, though you should look at the higher damage options from overheads in the future.

Note: if they block 3C, there's nothing 100% safe that you can do except rapid cancel. You can get kind of a 50/50, though: 3C 5D~A will beat highs and mids and 3C 2D~A will beat lows and low-mids (e.g. Noel 2A). The opponent can mash out of every other drive with anything.

So it seems like hit confirming into 3C from 2B or 5BB is the way to go for starters?

Right now I'm messing around with A+B > [4]6B > 2D~C > 5D~A > 6D~C as something fun and simple off his throw.

Also, can non-CH 2D~B or 6D~C be followed up by anything in the middle of the screen (without meter)?

What exactly does 6D~A/B auto-evade since it seems like he can't go through projectiles with them (5D~A does block projectiles but what's the point)? Does he have any good options against someone like Nu-13 given his low mobility and lack of anti-projectile countermeasures, or is he just at a big disadvantage vs. zoning?

2D~B can only be comboed when you rapid the first hit because the second hit is emergency techable. You usually just wanna charge a A/B orb during the move and throw it out after the second hit. 6D~C can be followed up to 2D~B nearish to midscreen, but it's a bit unreliable.

6D~B is (I believe) completely invincible during the part where he's teleporting behind, it should be able to go through projectiles in theory, but it'd have to be done way in advanced. I don't think 6D~A has any special properties of that sort though. Against zoners, 6D~C can be useful, because it absorbs the projectiles and travels a good distance, you still take the damage, but you're not put into hitstun. If you're careful with it, you can get some CH6D~C's real easy against projectile happy players. Just can't throw it out there too much.

6D~A can auto-evade one move/hit while he's running, but it doesn't seem to work with projectiles (maybe doesn't work with lows).

Wait, 6D~C goes through projectiles??? I didn't know that. Is there anything particularly good about CH 6D~C?

Huh, I never knew that about 6D~A actually, I'll have to test it out later.

You can get some good damage from CH 6D~C both midscreen and in the corner. CH6D~C > 2D~A > 4[]6B > 6C > 6D~B > 2D~C > 5D~C in the corner and midscreen just replace the 5D~C with B orb for oki. You have to delay the 2D~A a little to let them wallbounce from the 6D~C. I can't quite remember the exact damage, but I'll check it out in a little.

That's what it says in the Japanese in-game notation for 6D~A and 6D~B as well, and it worked when I tested it out on Jin's 5C. Maybe some higher priority moves will go through it, though.

Edited by Kakimori

OMG, I am loving I saw on some combo videos, so CH 5C wallbounce, 2C causes a hard knockdown???? and that A fireball cancel from air throw is so stylish. One word: DAMAGE.

To get kagura. Am I better off completeing the story mode (how long does it take to complete the story) or buying the code?

Buying the code, but that requires you to have 250 yen in your JP PSN account. Otherwise your best bet is to grind through story mode if you don't have yen to spend on for the download code.

I was wondering, what the most effective way to do his supers in the middle of his strings. This my first time playing with a charge character, and I can't figure it out. Also I am a pad warrior so idk how this effects my ability to do charge attacks so could anyone offer me some advice?

I'm on pad too, I don't think it has much impact on his charge moves. Just make sure to hit the directions clean, so hit a clean 6 after your 4 for the fireball for example. A lot of his moves can buffer charge into the move, so when you start your 2D~B animation, for example, you should already be holding back so if it connects, you can release a fireball for oki. For the [2]8B reversal, I find it helps to press up-forward instead of just straight up on the PS3 pad.

I'd also like to know about ways to work supers into his strings.

Alright thank you, cause I was watching a match between my brother and a random Kagura player last night and he was doing to really crazy stuff in the corner. For example he would do a string, hit confirm, then do the orb which would connect and then he'd finish the combo. The also reminds me, does he have any move that use either the 1, or 4 direction path?

Alright thank you, cause I was watching a match between my brother and a random Kagura player last night and he was doing to really crazy stuff in the corner. For example he would do a string, hit confirm, then do the orb which would connect and then he'd finish the combo. The also reminds me, does he have any move that use either the 1, or 4 direction path?

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but he can charge 4[]6A/B and 4[]1236C from any move that doesn't require him to press forwards, i.e. any move except 6D~A/B/C, 3C, and 6C. E.g. 4D performs his 5D drives and 1D performs his 2D drives so you can charge your orbs while driving.

2D~C 4[]6A 4[]1236C is possible (and necessary for one of his challenges), but you have to input/buffer the 4[]6A as early as possible and start charging 4 again (before the 2nd hit of 2D~C) to do 4[]1236C afterwards.

Has any one unlocked Unl. Kagura yet, and if some one has, what are the changes on him?

All drive moves can be dash cancelled

6D~C and 5D~C are their OD versions

2D~C gives untechable knockdown

5D~A travels further

5C/2C/6C can be dash cancelled

Charge 28D super is 3 flash kicks

46A throws 3 orbs

46B tracks

Can have as many orbs on screen as possible

Has an orb super, but I don't know the input. They get vacummed into it and it looks like they're in a washing machine :v:

Is it difficult to figure out the story mode true ending paths? You know, for someone who can't read Japanese. I'd rather not get screwed into buying a 3000 yen card just 'cuz Terumi is 800 and Kagura is 250, just 50 yen above what seems like the lowest priced card, 1000 yen.

Is it difficult to figure out the story mode true ending paths? You know, for someone who can't read Japanese. I'd rather not get screwed into buying a 3000 yen card just 'cuz Terumi is 800 and Kagura is 250, just 50 yen above what seems like the lowest priced card, 1000 yen.

Pretty easy. Always choose the first option every time you're given a choice. That said, Kokonuts comes out in a week, so if you plan on getting her too, you might need to buy a bigger card anyways.