MikelAL93

[CP/EX] Kagura Mutsuki - FAQ/Q&A thread

Pretty easy. Always choose the first option every time you're given a choice. That said, Kokonuts comes out in a week, so if you plan on getting her too, you might need to buy a bigger card anyways.

As much blasphemy as it might be to say it, I don't know if I'm all that interested in Koko. No stick, just a controller, not a ton of free time, don't know that I want to try to master a complex character. Might change my mind if I like what I see when she comes out, though. But fuck, dem markup prices on JP PSN cards. My poor wallet gets Astral'd.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong with his basic midscreen combo, after 3C>2DC>A orb> 4BB> 5C> 6DC, I don't always get 5B, sometimes it is a bit far; instead I prefer to go for 5A> 6B... air or ground ender and I always get it. I don't know maybe just me, please let me know.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong with his basic midscreen combo, after 3C>2DC>A orb> 4BB> 5C> 6DC, I don't always get 5B, sometimes it is a bit far; instead I prefer to go for 5A> 6B... air or ground ender and I always get it. I don't know maybe just me, please let me know.

Depends on starter I think. If you started with A's it won't connect.

You are right about the starter, but I was starting with 5B, I get it, You have to summon the orb pretty early and he will stay close to you and 5B will always connect. I was doing a bit late. His corner combo is so stylish!!!!!

I delay the 46A a little bit. I find it easier to connect the 5B afterwards since they're a little lower.

Apologize if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it.

I'm having a ton of trouble getting the 5D28D super to connect after 6DB -> 5DC in the corner. I wait for what feels like as long as possible before doing the input, but Kagura either doesn't do anything or he jumps in the air and gets in D stance. I know this means I'm mistiming it if that is in fact the right method, but I can't tell if that's the case.

Do I actually wait for 5DC to recover completely before inputing the command, or is there some cancel that I'm missing?

How can I combo into Kagura's Astral other than from than his forward throw?

You can actually just 6A > Astral too!

Apologize if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it.

I'm having a ton of trouble getting the 5D28D super to connect after 6DB -> 5DC in the corner. I wait for what feels like as long as possible before doing the input, but Kagura either doesn't do anything or he jumps in the air and gets in D stance. I know this means I'm mistiming it if that is in fact the right method, but I can't tell if that's the case.

Do I actually wait for 5DC to recover completely before inputing the command, or is there some cancel that I'm missing?

You can press 2D stance before 5DC has fully recovered (like you would with any combo) and just wait for them to cross over you and drop slightly then input 28D. Kagura will turn in the direction of the opponent automatically, so you can 2D as early as you like. A good timing key is just a little after they bounce off the wall.

Oh, sick. For some reason I was under the impression that you had to be in 5D stance for the super. Thanks much.

It's quite common for combos that lead into the stance super to be from 5D because it's usually the remaining stance, but that combo in particular leaves you with only 2D left :)

In my experience, you can actually just mash 2828282828 and DDDDD at the same time to get the super reliably whenever you need it, EXCEPT after j.C where it can miss if you don't time it asap.

Just started messing around with Kagura, and I've come to like him enough that I may sub him. Unfortunately, I can't seem to complete challenge #28. Everything is easy except for the OD super. Not sure how I'm supposed to charge 46A then charge for the super. He's my first charge character, so I may be missing some fundamental aspect of charge moves. Can someone describe how they completed this challenge? Thanks in advance! xD

Basically you just need to start charging ASAP then do the super ASAP. The super fireball has less charge time than the normal ones, only 30F. The A.Fireball has 36F total time so you have enough time to charge and finish the motion for the super before you even recover. Just takes some practice to get the timing right on it.

Just started messing around with Kagura, and I've come to like him enough that I may sub him. Unfortunately, I can't seem to complete challenge #28. Everything is easy except for the OD super. Not sure how I'm supposed to charge 46A then charge for the super. He's my first charge character, so I may be missing some fundamental aspect of charge moves. Can someone describe how they completed this challenge? Thanks in advance! xD

you need to know how to charge buffer. in other words, to get [4]6A [4]1236C to come out, you need to release the A-orb while holding (4), so your input motion will look like the following: [4]64A, so that you can charge the super during the A-orb animation and that should give you enough time (IIRC 30f) to allow super to connect.

Not sure how I'm supposed to charge 46A then charge for the super.

To add to the other replies, when I did that challenge, the specific timing I used was like:

- hold [1]

- do 2DC (1DC)

- first hit of 2DC connects

- input 6A

- hold [4]

- second hit of 2DC connects

- 46A comes out because I buffered it

- 46A starts to hit

- input 1236C

Edit:

[4]64A

This works too. In both cases, you start holding [4] slightly before your 46A comes out.

Edited by Bill307

Thank you, Fazoob, grove, and Bill! All advice was helpful for me to understand how to do it. I kinda treated it as a "link" instead of a "super cancel" and buffered the charge during the 46A animation and waited just a tad bit longer than usual. Came out easy and clean. I now have all of his challenges finished! :D

For some reason 6DB crosses up and I'm ending up on the same side. This was in training mode. No kidding. I have a recording of it. Anyone know what's going on, or if there's a way to control it? I don't have time to really test why this is happening due to school and work.

Were they far away? 6DB has a (not very far) maximum distance it will travel before going into the cross-up animation, so he might do the animation before reaching them, hence hit without cross-up.

Were they far away? 6DB has a (not very far) maximum distance it will travel before going into the cross-up animation, so he might do the animation before reaching them, hence hit without cross-up.

I will upload when I get home from work. Hope I got a point and it's not just something retarded. I was not max distance. Basic combo into j6DB for a crossup and end up on same side..I know Im not crazy..Will post.

Maybe they got pushed out of the cross-up by an orb? Will be interesting to see the video. I'd also like to know if it had to be blocked non-cross-up...

Okay never mind. I finally got a chance to sit down with the game and I figured out what's causing it.

Basically I was holding 3 after the J6DB, so in the corner, Kagura will land on the other side of the opponent (due to you holding 3 or 1 depending on what side of the stage you're on) and cross back to the same side.

Don't think it's necessary to post video but will still post if you like

Hey charge people, I've decided to start messing around with Kagura as my sub. I have some basic combos down, but my big question is how does Kagura play neutral? I understand throwing sonic booms works well enough, but what would you say are his ideal pokes and gameplan in neutral?

Help a wolfman out.