MikelAL93

[CP/EX] Kagura Mutsuki - FAQ/Q&A thread

I feel scrubby asking this, but how is it Kagura can combo both of his supers into one another? Is it just a link while in OD?

Yeah, pretty much. Though it doesn't have to be in OD, and it's usually not going to be worth doing Gokuenjin unless it will kill.

Not to mention it's got pretty crummy minimum damage and the link is probably the hardest thing to do out of all of his combos.

I think the only time I used that combo was in Kagura's Challenge 30 and I did it during overdrive. One time I used it online, but that was by accident, and it wasn't really worth it.

I feel scrubby asking this, but how is it Kagura can combo both of his supers into one another? Is it just a link while in OD?

Depends on the height at which you hit them with 28D super. The higher they are on the first hit, the easier it is to link the second super. It's incredibly easy to do it from things like 3C>6DC>2DC>B orb>5C>super.

Noel, Bullet, Izayoi, Tager, Makoto, Nu and Terumi I guess? Everyone else ranges from maybe even to why am I playing this character?

Edited by -Seo

another question, what is the method used to switch sides of kagura's attacks?

Example: 5D~C opponent flies overheard to behind you, then 2D~A?

You have to delay the 2D~A a bit for it connect after 5D~C.

Yeah, if you wait for them to just pass over your head, the 2D~A will auto correct itself. So you can go into the 2D stance as early as you like, but depending on when you press A, you'll either go forwards or follow them backwards.

I see in a lot of combo videos Kagura does his D~28D distortion into his [4]1236 distortion. My question is, what is the requirements for this to work? Other than needing 100 meter? Does it have to hit at a specific height or need to be counter hit or OD?

I see in a lot of combo videos Kagura does his D~28D distortion into his [4]1236 distortion. My question is, what is the requirements for this to work? Other than needing 100 meter? Does it have to hit at a specific height or need to be counter hit or OD?

The D~28D super needs to hit them at a certain height for the charge super to connect. OD6DC, OD5DC, 5C and 6C into D~28D are common ways to get the height requirement.

and yet another question from me.

I've seen this happen rarely but sometimes in matches I observe Kagura forward dashing while in his 6D stance. three questions about that.

1. is it just a simple forward input to make him dash during that stance?

2. does it have a set distance before you can go into an attack or can you cancel it into another 6D attack at any time?

3. does it have any other properties?

I've seen this happen rarely but sometimes in matches I observe Kagura forward dashing while in his 6D stance. three questions about that.

2. does it have a set distance before you can go into an attack or can you cancel it into another 6D attack at any time?

You are right about those dashes but he only dash if you press A, B or C during that Stance (6D).

6DA will dash forward and hit before the opponent, pretty slow, only used in combos, especially midscreen combos. not safe of block and almost never used in neutral game.

6DB will dash forward and cross up only if your opponent is not full screen away. Mostly used in corner combos and cross ups mixups. Even this one is not safe but at least it has more blockstun and counter most of people if you stance cancel it with another move when they try to press a B or C normal. This move can also be used to get off from the corner. After a orb, most people tend to jump, if you time it well, you will always get off the corner even if they block, but keep in mind you can be punished.

6DC is not a real dash but like a charging move, invincible vs projectiles, unsafe on blcok if close but safe if well-spaced. Leads to huge damaging combo after a counter hit. Big damage by itself (1200 is good). Combo filter move in the corner since it connects to most of his drives.

You can't and will never cancel a 6D drive into another 6D drive even during Overdrive, that would be so cheap, lol. After a blocked 6D drive, you have 2 options, or use a 5D drive either 2D drive. And after a succesful hit from a 6D drive, you 4 options. Those 2 enumerated earlier + his special moves and his supers.

Edited by FatalCounter

Oh I see what you mean. 6DA and 6DB will travel up to a certain distance before the actual attack will come out, because they sort of have a proximity to them based on the distance between you and the opponent, so the further away you do 6DA/B the longer the dash and vice versa. There's no properties to it, and once you've pressed either A or B, you can't change between them. 6DA and 6DB have a very similar animation at the start, so it's mainly just for a silly mixup.

Edited by -Seo

Oh I see what you mean. 6DA and 6DB will travel up to a certain distance before the actual attack will come out, because they sort of have a proximity to them based on the distance between you and the opponent, so the further away you do 6DA/B the longer the dash and vice versa. There's no properties to it, and once you've pressed either A or B, you can't change between them. 6DA and 6DB have a very similar animation at the start, so it's mainly just for a silly mixup.

This is what I meant, thanks for explaining Seo

Not certain if this is the correct thread, but I am having significant trouble with Kagura corner combos.

What I'm basically trying to do is:

5B B > 3C > 6D~C > 2D~C > [4]6B, 2C > 5C > [4]6A, 5C into ender

There are a few parts that I have trouble with, but it all ends up making that last 5C incredibly difficult and inconsistent for me.

Is this just a combo timer problem or is there a way to perform the combo to make it easier?

The other 2 sections I sometimes drop are 6D~C > 2D~C  and for some reason 2C > 5C which I don't really understand, but could this indicate I am causing a problem for myself later in the combo?

Not certain if this is the correct thread, but I am having significant trouble with Kagura corner combos.

What I'm basically trying to do is:

5B B > 3C > 6D~C > 2D~C > [4]6B, 2C > 5C > [4]6A, 5C into ender

There are a few parts that I have trouble with, but it all ends up making that last 5C incredibly difficult and inconsistent for me.

Is this just a combo timer problem or is there a way to perform the combo to make it easier?

The other 2 sections I sometimes drop are 6D~C > 2D~C and for some reason 2C > 5C which I don't really understand, but could this indicate I am causing a problem for myself later in the combo?

The last 5C won't work if it's off anything other than 5B starter or later in the combo, i.e. j.B 5BB etc. won't work. You pretty much need to hit it right away. To make it more lenient/compensate for longer combo time, drop the 2C.

6DC > 2DC is a timing thing. it is easier if you are close to the opponent when you start the combo or if you are far from the wall. If the opponent in smack in the corner and you catch them with a max range 3C or something the 6DC will hit very low and the 2DC will be very tight. Other than that it's purely a timing thing; try to actually time it instead of mashing.

2C 5C is a late gatling, not a link. You can just mash 5C after the 2C and it should come out.

Actually, that combo is character specific. I forget the exact characters it does and doesn't work on, but I remember it not working on Makoto and Hazama. You're best off removing the [4]6A and doing 2C>5C>6DC>2DA>5DA>3C>6DC>2DB. Or if you like doing the A orb, remove the 2C after [4]6B.

2D~C dropping after 6D~C is a weird height thing from what I can tell, usually comes from if you hit them with 5B>3C while they're airbourne, it won't connect in some strange cases, haven't fully looked into it honestly.

Which characters can delay tech 3C>2DC>[4]6B and NOT get picked up by the b orb?

So after getting online to hone my Mutsuki abilities, I ran into a few things I need information on. 

first off, what's the strategy for his game against Amane? because I was pretty beaten with his long range pressure and couldn't get in.

second, tips for fighting Valk would be appreciated too. 

third, any tips for integrating his charge orbs? I know where to use them but I'm not used to charges in general so in the midst of a combo I forget to buffer the charge.