MikelAL93

[CP/EX] Kagura Mutsuki - FAQ/Q&A thread

when is it best to use 2 8 D as a finisher in a combo?  I'm still learning kagura, but I hardly ever use this. Also, whats a good way to use [4] 1236 D in a combo?  On a different note, anything flashy we can do with unlimited kagura, I just barely unlocked him by beating unlimited mars, so I'm stoked :D

28D is best used when it'll kill the opponent, otherwise it's best to hand on to that meter just in case. [4]1236C doesn't really have much of a use inside combos because of it's pretty poor damage when scaled. You can link it after 28D super in some combos if you've got the meter to burn and it'll kill, but otherwise [4]1236C is mainly used as a reversal/punish super, thanks to its really fast startup and being only -3 on block.

I been playing Kagura for quite some time and I can't believe I just realized that 5C,2DB is not frame tight and that your opponent can jump out before the 2DB reaches if they instablock the 5C.

I been playing Kagura for quite some time and I can't believe I just realized that 5C,2DB is not frame tight and that your opponent can jump out before the 2DB reaches if they instablock the 5C.

Only if they instant block it and jump directly after that. Well a lot of strings of the game are like this when Instant blocked.

Only if they instant block it and jump directly after that. Well a lot of strings of the game are like this when Instant blocked.

It just took me by surprise, since for some reason I had been doing 2C,2DB due for the longest time. I didn't realize how loose the blockstrings was until I went back and looked at the frame data. Also I have been trying to come up with hitconfirm strings to bait burst any thoughts?

5C > 2DB is tighter than 2C 2DB. If you want to close the distance and hit them out of an upback attempt, use 5C instead.

It's hard to bait burst with him because he only has 2 jump cancel moves. And one of them whiffs on crouching. Usually I have to rapid to bait burst. But one thing I like doing is 6A > 6B > jump. Almost everyone bursts overheads depending on the circumstance. And since 6A leads directly into 6B its easy to bait a burst. But there are some people that will literally burst as soon as 6A hits which is whatever. If they dont burst just do falling j.B/C. I know people like to burst on CH j.C, CH 6DC, 5C/2C > 2DB if they see you have meter.

Haven't played him in a while so I forgot many of the other points where people love to burst. As for the optimal hitconfirm punish from burst bait, I use 3C. Usually with CT in the corner to maximize the unburstable damage. 

You can dash 5C>CT if you bait a burst, it's a little tricky at times and of course doesn't work on everyone, but it's the best punish you can get. Otherwise, just do 3C>stuff.

This is the right Q&A Thread for this, right?

I just want to know what Unlimited Kagura's full movelist/properties are.  The BlazBlue Wiki seems to be missing a lot of information on him.

HP?

--He seems to have guard break properties on his special D moves.

--He has a Flash Kick Distortion Drive

--He has a Bike DD (Overdrive Mode)

--His Projectile DD has auto-Overdrive properties even if you don't burst.

--He has something like Guile's Sonic Hurricane (but I can't seem to figure out how to input the move, I tried everything I can think of). It's either some kind of Reposte thing (like Haku-men's Yukikaze... or some other thing).  All I know is, it's got invincibility frames and a super version of his black sonic boom projectile comes out.

Thanks for your diligent work.

HP? I wanna say around 14-15,000 but i'm not exactly sure.

I do know that 46A makes 3 orbs in Unlimited form.

I think the general rule of thumb for CP Unlimiteds is that Overdrive buffs are always active (unless you're Bang), so these rules also apply.

1.) You can switch stances indefinetly, as long as they aren't the same.

2.) Most C and D moves can be dash cancelled.

After CP 1.1 update, Unlimited Kagura should be able to use OD 28D whether he's in OD or not (reason I say should is because I dont know if they'll work like CS Unlimiteds and not factor in updates.)

I may update this post when I get home and find something new, but this is just general knowledge about him.

So how do I handle Unlimited Arakune in Abyss mode stage 10?  I've fought him twice, but that damn curse is tricky to get around.  Any tips or general advice I can use against him?

Unlimited Arakune? Hell no, that fight is a 100% crapshoot that I imagine is even worse in Unlimited Mars.

Beating most unlimiteds is trivial. Unlimited Arakune, however, is a entirely different ball park.

I would say what I say for most Unlimited Fights. Pick Jin/Hakumen/Terumi and fish for counter supers, but Arakune spends 90% of his time in the air and the bugs interrupt too much (They downright wont let me use supers, period.)

I'd say avoid Arakune like the plague that he is.

This is the right Q&A Thread for this, right?

I just want to know what Unlimited Kagura's full movelist/properties are.  The BlazBlue Wiki seems to be missing a lot of information on him.

HP?

--He seems to have guard break properties on his special D moves.

--He has a Flash Kick Distortion Drive

--He has a Bike DD (Overdrive Mode)

--His Projectile DD has auto-Overdrive properties even if you don't burst.

--He has something like Guile's Sonic Hurricane (but I can't seem to figure out how to input the move, I tried everything I can think of). It's either some kind of Reposte thing (like Haku-men's Yukikaze... or some other thing).  All I know is, it's got invincibility frames and a super version of his black sonic boom projectile comes out.

Thanks for your diligent work.

I know his extra moves while unlimited are

[2]8 D

OD 214214 C

After some experimenting I also found

[4] 646 B  

Thanks!

As for Unlimited Arakune, I've fought him as Kagura in Abyss Mode a few times.

I can tell you that 6D ( C ) "Wyvern" on Counterhit is probably your best option, otherwise wait him out as best you can.  He can't hit you very well if he's being hit himself (and he only does f inverse Bug Beam when he's got meter).

I've found that giving him "Counter All" in Abyss Mode is really helpful too, makes combos that much easier.  Maximum Overdrive might help too, but it takes a while to get used to how his D move timings change while you're in Overdrive.

The [2] part of the input can actually be a 1 or 3 input. If you hold 3 while dashing, you can still keep dashing.

Ive actually been practicing this 'technique' myself, unfortunately I dont get many opportunities to try it out.

i've never actually dived deep into charge inputs, but how long does it take for the game to register an input as a charge?

i would charge for maybe a second(?), but i still get j.C than flashkick about 75% of the time

Ok, so Kagura is like my most used character that I'm terrible with, amd after some recent friend matches, how the hell are you suppose to catch people? xD it seems like against a large amount of the cast, you can just super jump>air dash and you just bypassed all his neutral. Honestly, its gotten to the point where I'm almost convinced winning is decided on if you played paper-rock-scissors correctly at match start and got a hit.

II'm comin from a character that can almost completely shut out most of Kagura's mixup, so I feel like this just might be somethin players have to deal with, or am I not gettin the secrets here? lol

It just took me by surprise, since for some reason I had been doing 2C,2DB due for the longest time. I didn't realize how loose the blockstrings was until I went back and looked at the frame data. Also I have been trying to come up with hitconfirm strings to bait burst any thoughts?

28C goes right through bursts. I've noticed people like to burst CH 6D~C > 2D~A, so instead of cancelling into 46B just do a 28C and if they burst you recover just in time to punish. Also works well with 6D~B because nobody likes getting hit by that move.

Ok, so Kagura is like my most used character that I'm terrible with, amd after some recent friend matches, how the hell are you suppose to catch people? xD it seems like against a large amount of the cast, you can just super jump>air dash and you just bypassed all his neutral. Honestly, its gotten to the point where I'm almost convinced winning is decided on if you played paper-rock-scissors correctly at match start and got a hit.

II'm comin from a character that can almost completely shut out most of Kagura's mixup, so I feel like this just might be somethin players have to deal with, or am I not gettin the secrets here? lol

Kagura gets zoned out really easily. You can use 28C, 6C and 5D~C to keep people out of the air. Throwing 46B and running behind it while buffering 28C is also good way to control space as most people will jump to avoid the orb, putting them in the perfect spot for 28C. Other than that, be patient when trying to get in and don't get predictable with 6D~C and 2D~B. 

Unlimited kagura stuff! I can actually say stuff!

Kaguras C drive moves, 2D-C, 5D-C, and 6D-C all guard crush if not barriered, so these moves become hilarious to do randomly. 2DB doesn't have shit hitstun on its 2nd hit, and you can combo off it with multiple drive moves, i tend to combo off it with 5DC. Swag bike is unblockable, so if they don't have a dp or reversal of some kind its dabess oki. You can also have more than 1 orb out at a time, and repeated A orbs are an infinite blockstring until they get close to you, in which case only 1 orb will hit. Triple uppercut has ridiculous minimum damage and you can link 2 of them in the corner. Swag bike can only be comboed off a few drives, and you can link 2 frame super off of it. You can special cancel drives on block. I'm probably forgetting alot of stuff, so if I think of anything more I'll post it here

Wait wait, 5C > 2D~B is a tight block string if they don't instant block the 5C??  I never knew that, I've always been going 5C > [4]6B.

Never had a huge problem getting zoned with Kagura because 6D~C is so good if they get predictable with their projectiles.  No better feeling than stuffing a Hazama chain...

Wait wait, 5C > 2D~B is a tight block string if they don't instant block the 5C??  I never knew that, I've always been going 5C > [4]6B.

Never had a huge problem getting zoned with Kagura because 6D~C is so good if they get predictable with their projectiles.  No better feeling than stuffing a Hazama chain...

Well uh... if 5C > 46B is constant, some characters can really mess you up if they know your going to do that. Which is why 46A is also good.

You have an easy time stuffing a Hazama chain? I HATE THEM!

Well, I actually hold back a tiny bit after the 5C, so it's like…5C > half step > [4]6B.  I do mix it up with A but I've never gotten poked out of the B that way…what should I look out for?

If Hazama successfully lands a chain then he'll just be on you from dusk to dawn, but if you can read it and start your 6D~C a moment earlier, since its hitbox is so big it pretty much stops air and ground chains.  If he's mid screen, he has no real way of getting in on Kagura other than chaining so it can be predictable unless you're against a really good Hazama IMO.

If you accidentally 6D~C into his block, you can 5D~A and backstep out, which is not at all ideal but I've also stuffed Houtenjins with the 5D~A XD

Altho Kagura can reversal out of chain pressure, can't he?  I'm used to playing Valk so it feels very weird to actually have a reversal to escape pressure…Valk is more like jump > wolf > GTFO GTFO GTFO OMG RUN