Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin vs Litchi

Match Start

Neutral

Full Screen
Long-Mid Range
Point Blank

Offense and Defense

Your Offense vs Her Defense
Her Offense vs Your Defense

Gimmicks and Miscellaneous Info

Gimmicks
Misc. Info

Frame Advantage, Disadvantage, and Punishes

Frame Advantage
Frame Disadvantage
Punishes

Summary

Really wish someone could share some wisdom on this match up. I hate this bitch and all her staff pressure.

I'm no expert but I'll give the tips I can. You gotta understand a little about how she works to counter her stuff properly so here goes a little basic knowledge:

- Usually she needs to put her staff on the ground before she can send it flying through the screen, so that's two moves before she gains advantage on neutral.

- The staff starts moving either close to the ground OR into the air when she commands it. What decides which way it goes is the move used to ground the staff (DP, 6D, etc), so pay attention and learn to recognize what the trajectory will be. Avoid it if you can, as she will use the staff to cover her advances.

- She can activate the staff but hold it in place for a while.

- If she is touched (hit or block) after having activated the staff, the staff will stop and go back to her. Unless she uses Four Winds (the one where the staff spins harder and travels less), in which case you better throw her or block. You'll know when, the activation is longer.

- She can not DP while staffless. If you manage to catch her without her staff, pressure her with all you got. Bait guard cancels.

- Outside of certain situations like RC or CH, she can only combo her overhead (6A) when she activates the staff, so look for it when she can or you will eat a combo as it is hard to react to.

Matchup notes:

- Unless you're in range for a throw or 2B/3C, respect Itsuu (her stance that has Guard Points). The safest option is jumping forward with barrier to make the followups whiif, in which case you should punish. If you feel like calling it, run up CH 3C > CT into a long combo should make her thing twice before spamming it.

- Her j.B hits both sides, dont feel like youre in a good position just because you outmaneuvered her. Buffer the motion and be ready with 623B when you think she will come from the air.

- She can stay in the air for ages, her super jump goes higher than yours, she can ground the staff and/or activate it to stay afloat, so be patient and precise with your antiairs. Air throws are a good option too if you can read her position.

- If she likes to super jump to set the staff too much you can try punishing with 612346D. It works, but mostly near fullscreen.

- Learn to Instant Block her 6D's second hit at all times to make the situation neutral, otherwise you'll be at frame disadvantage while she sets her staff in your face.

- I dont recommend holding too much barrier on her regular pressure because most of her normals move her forward, so I'd suggest you keep it for when there is already some space between you.

- It might be a good idea to use your burst to avoid being stuck in the corner.

That is pretty much all the solid info I can give you.

PS I hate her guts too =)