Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin vs Noel

Match Start

Neutral

Full Screen
Long-Mid Range
Point Blank

Offense and Defense

Your Offense vs Her Defense
Her Offense vs Your Defense

Gimmicks and Miscellaneous Info

Gimmicks
Misc. Info

Frame Advantage, Disadvantage, and Punishes

Frame Advantage
Frame Disadvantage
Punishes

Summary

Any overall advice on this matchup? 4D seems to screw with all my DP's and I can't seem to figure out how to approach her.

(not a jin player but general advice) if a noel is .dashing 4d on your wakeup, you have little choice but to block (no one likes fatals). If she is knocked down mash any low on wake and make sure it is kinda meaty. 4D will lose every time

Any overall advice on this matchup? 4D seems to screw with all my DP's and I can't seem to figure out how to approach her.

As said, if she runs up and 4D's, block it, almost nothing you can do to punish it. If she does 4D on wake up, you can 2B it for free.

In terms of approach, be risky but cautious because once she gets started, its pretty annoying to stop her. Use a combination of any of your pokes to try and a get a confirm(5C, 5D, 2A, J.C, Ice Sword) and lock that bitch down. Also tone down the full screen D Ice Car, and DP use; it works only 50% of the time on netplay :V

I seriously hate trying to get in on her, but its doable.

Noel has like 6k meterless punishes. Dp is pretty risky against her. 4D loses to jumpins (and 6B) and lows (and 2A).

Yea, you can Jump in with J.B or J.2C to catch her, but you have to be pretty low to the ground to not get punished.

My advice for this matcup is:

-use max range 2B or 3C as footsie tools to beat her ground normals (5B, 5C). As 2B and 3C low profile both of those attacks fairly well

-noel can use her air super to snipe a win, be careful

-don't let her start D-D-D-Dancing, her damage is good

-default oki is 2A because it hits her out of wakeup 4D, and if they wakeup 2D, jin recovers in time to punish with counter hit 5C. 2A still loses to wakeup super, so be careful

I've noticed that almost every Noel net player in the history of fucking ever loves 6B. She gets a hit? 6B. You blocked? 6B. You woke up? 6B. Whenever she even touches you, mash DP or block high. It's unsafe on block so if you do block, press some buttons. Also, expect Fenrir after you've shut down 4D and see her holding on to 50 heat. Free punish if you bait it. Sekkajin works really well here to keep pressure on her after a combo. I like to bring her into the vortex once I got a hit (grab and overhead resets all day e'ry day)!