Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin vs Tager

Match Start
  • Your 5C will beat most of everything Tager throws at you and it won't whiff as it would with other characters if he were to do noting due to his large frame.
  • He can beat your 5C with a 5A but he doesn't get anything out of it.
  • He can also jump forward to bait it and punish it with j.B.
  • Your options are to either poke him with 5C to try to get something going or just IAD backwards to get some space.

Neutral

Full Screen

His options full screen include 2D, 236, Spark Bolt, and 6A with magnetism.

• 2D: while this move is good at closing the gap, it is highly punishable on whiff. Try to avoid this move if possible as it does leave Tager with a massive frame advantage on block if spaced correctly and you don't want to be next to Tager when he has the frame advantage. Most Tagers will use this conservatively but it can be used to low profile under your j.Cs, so try not to bee too predictable with them. This move can pull you in from pretty much all across the screen if you're magnetized..
  • 236B/236: the regular version can be used to punish your long range Drive pokes like 5D and 2D if he can call them out. The charged version is sometimes used to try to get in on you by impatient or low level Tagers. When he charges up his 236B you can either poke him out of it with 66 5C or get back far enough to make it whiff and punish its recovery.
  • Spark Bolt: you need to play passively once you see his Spark Bolt gauge maxed out. You'll want to refrain from firing off Ice Blades or using some of your slower pokes like 2D at this point. High jump a lot to try and make it whiff.
  • 6A: 6A with magnetism will pull you in from across the screen. He gains mid/high super armor while charging 6A but it will lose to your 3C. However, he can release the 6A at any time he pleases and can punish your 3C attempts with the correct timing.

Long-Mid Range

His options at this range include 5C, 5D, j.D
Point Blank

Offense and Defense

Your Offense vs His Defense
His Offense vs Your Defense

Gimmicks and Miscellaneous Info

Gimmicks
Misc. Info

Frame Advantage, Disadvantage, and Punishes

Frame Advantage
Frame Disadvantage
Punishes

Summary

This match-up is better played at a distance. You want to punish mistakes and just confirm off of big hits, that'll be where the bulk of your damage comes from because it's really easy for Tager to punish blind RTSD in this installment with the magnet charge reversal that he has now.

By keeping yourself at a distance, you severely limit his options. He'll either try to cover ground with 2D/j.C/j.2C/B Sledge, charge magnet/spark bolt. You, in a way, force him to do either one of these by staying distant.

--

j.C is your spacing tool. Well spaced, it'll beat out Tager's j.C, back dash.

Also use it to keep him from charging magnet/reversal.

DP B to stuff Tager's attempts to jump in.

2C will stuff Tager's j.2C. Pretty easy punish for Jin.

Meaty 6B/6B throw bait catches Tager's back dash.

In blockstrings: 2A xN > 5B(1) > 2B > delay 66B

j.236D is a good lockdown tool in corner to keep Tager from using air projectile.

--

I find myself fishing for CH with j.C most of the time. On air confirm, I can usually go into CH j.C > j.2C > jc > j.C > j.D > stuff

Or on the ground: CH j.C > d.5C > 214D > stuff.

I wouldn't really go for resets too often in this match up as it's pretty easy for Tager to 5A mash, back dash out of them.

That's all I have for now.