Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flubsy

[CP] Izayoi Combo Thread 1.0

For relaunch I usually go sj.BAC > 5A > 5C > 623C > sj.B > j.C > j.236C

I'm netting 6 stars with 3.4k off a 5B. I dunno if that's optimized either, I just saw it in some combo video.

I'm pretty bad so I'm sure there's better, but the easy one I use midscreen is the standard

Astraea>214B>(delay)5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>5C>6C>hjBjC>jBjC>D (3248/23 heat/-2 stocks)

You can tack on a Phorizer on the end for (3908/-27 heat/-2 stocks)

or do an extra 5A>5C>623C>D loop for (3573/25 heat/-3 stocks)

Hmm. I guess that counter just doesn't do that much damage.

I suppose ~3.3k seemed kind of low to me since her C normal counter combos in Gain-art all do more damage than that.

It would be cool if you could use CS Beta somehow in a combo without Valkyrie Astraea, like how Bullet can sometimes use her command throws without the follow-ups if she doesn't have any heat-up levels.

I've been messing around with the j.bac relaunch for Izayoi and got a path that squeezes in 2 more stock than the 623C > sj.C variant with about the same damage.

Don't know how useful it is but I've found it kinda fun to pull off:

2B > 5C > sj.BAC > 5A > 5C > 623B > 214B > 623C

The only real problem with it is that you're sacrificing the knockdown + j.D oki since it's an air-tech.

I'm not sure what exactly you guys are talking about, but:

5B > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC > 5A > 623B > 214B > 623C > dash > j.C > j.236C

This is 8 stars and works midscreen on all characters as long as you can get to the j.BAC, it's been on the wiki for awhile.

I wasn't even aware the wiki was updated with combos.

This thread isn't properly updated, so I put everything on the wiki, though I only ended up finishing normal mode. Most of her GA combos are pretty freeform/similar anyway.

I'm not sure what exactly you guys are talking about, but:

5B > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC > 5A > 623B > 214B > 623C > dash > j.C > j.236C

This is 8 stars and works midscreen on all characters as long as you can get to the j.BAC, it's been on the wiki for awhile.

...5A > 623B...

I do not look forward to this.

On a serious note though, I figured the wiki would just cover the basic stuff. Guess I'm not really used to checking there.

EDIT: I'm actually having more of a hard time with the dash > j.C connecting. Is there a trick to this? Feels like they're too high after the 623C.

I do not look forward to this.

On a serious note though, I figured the wiki would just cover the basic stuff. Guess I'm not really used to checking there.

EDIT: I'm actually having more of a hard time with the dash > j.C connecting. Is there a trick to this? Feels like they're too high after the 623C.

Yeah, you have to delay stuff a little bit. Pretty much any part of the sequence 5A > 623B > 214B > 623C can be delayed to keep them low enough.

A couple of normal mode fatal 6C > crush trigger combos that I don't think I've seen posted:

FC 6C > CT > (dash) 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > 623B > 214B > 623B [4882 damage, 6 stars]

(corner) FC 6C > CT > 5D > 5C > 236C~D > 2C > 5C > 2C (1) > 236B > 214A > 2C > 5C > j.B > j.C > jc j.C > j.236C~D > 236236 [6562]

FC 6C > CT > (dash) 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > 623B > 214B > 623B [4882 damage, 6 stars]

6C FC > CT > 2C > 5C > 6C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC > 5A > 623C > j.C > j.236C - 5245 +6 stars

FC 3C > 2C > delay 5C > 236B~214A > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 6C > sj.C j.BC > j.236C~D

I forget the damage and I cant check right now but Im pretty sure it's just under 5k. Might be 4.6-8k. And it's only 1 star.

This is what I do. It's kind of similar to Surf's, but uses 2 stars. I like it though since it corner carries pretty far, and you can side switch it if you have your back to the corner:

3C(Fatal) - 2C - 5C - 2C(1) - CS Gamma - [214A - 2C] or [214B - 5C - 2C(1)] - CS Beta~Astraea - 214B - 5B - 5C - jc.B - j.C - jc.B - j.C - Strike Noir

IIRC it does 4870 damage with 214A and 4818 with the side switch, and I usually get them in the corner for corner oki (if they don't die, which honestly isn't that often after nearly 5k damage, since you can follow up with Justice Phorizer for +660 damage). Sadly, I don't remember how much heat you get off-hand, but probably a pretty decent amount.

FC 3C > 2C > delay 5C > 236B~214A > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 6C > sj.C j.BC > j.236C~D

I forget the damage and I cant check right now but Im pretty sure it's just under 5k. Might be 4.6-8k. And it's only 1 star.

Pretty cool, I didn't know about delaying the 5C to make 2C connect in the second loop. The damage is 4499 though. These are a little easier and more damaging:

3C FC > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 2C > 5C > 6C > j.C > jc > j.B > j.C > j.236C~D - 4519

3C FC > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 2C > 236C~6D > 214B > 5B > 5C > j.B > j.C > jc > j.B > j.C > j.236C~D - 4870

Ideally though if you get a 3C FC midscreen, you should try to push them into the corner, which isn't hard. 3C FC > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 236C~6D will corner them from half screen, and if you add a Phorizer, it's more like 75%. From there you can teleport and follow up with 5C > 2C > 236B > 214A > etc. for max damage.

W0w

Thanks for that though. The combo I made was made ages ago and i never bothered to optimize it. Even when it was constantly dropping at the delay 5C > 236B part.

Corner to corner 3C fatals

- 3C(FC) > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 623B(delay) > 214B > 236C~6D > 214B > 5B > 5C > sjBC > jc > jBC > j236C~D - 4533 damage and 2 star usage

- 3C(FC) > 2C > 623B(delay) > 214B > 236B > 214A > 2C > 236C~6D > 214B > 5B > 5C > sjBC > jc > jBC > j236C~D - 4692 damage and 2 star usage

2nd combo doesn't work on Carl, Rachel and Amane

Greetings all.

So in the video thread, a video was posted today where the Izayoi player was using a mid-screen combo I'm rather curious about that goes like this:

Confirm - CS Beta~Astraea - 214B - 5C - CS Gamma - 214B - 5C - 2C(1) - 6C - Ender

I've been able to get this to work on about half the cast in training mode, but sometimes the boldfaced part doesn't work and I'm not sure what I'm doing differently.

In practice, I've only been using this combo against Makoto and Nu because it seems to work against them no matter how you time it.

Against the other characters, does it make a difference what confirm I use, or do I just have to time Valkyrie Astraea, 5C, and CS Gamma a certain way for it to work?

It would be cool if I could use that combo a bit more often, since it does pretty good damage.

Greetings all.

So in the video thread, a video was posted today where the Izayoi player was using a mid-screen combo I'm rather curious about that goes like this:

Confirm - CS Beta~Astraea - 214B - 5C - CS Gamma - 214B - 5C - 2C(1) - 6C - Ender

I've been able to get this to work on about half the cast in training mode, but sometimes the boldfaced part doesn't work and I'm not sure what I'm doing differently.

In practice, I've only been using this combo against Makoto and Nu because it seems to work against them no matter how you time it.

Against the other characters, does it make a difference what confirm I use, or do I just have to time Valkyrie Astraea, 5C, and CS Gamma a certain way for it to work?

It would be cool if I could use that combo a bit more often, since it does pretty good damage.

5C > 236B works on Relius, Platinum, Nu-13, Bullet, Makoto, Kokonoe, Mu-12, Tager, Terumi, Noel, Hazama, Jin, Izayoi, and Tsubaki. If you're having trouble, try delaying Astraea a little more. After 236B, there are a few different routes that are character specific, but the one you mentioned works on all of them.

Again, new combo thread soon. I'm waiting until after the forum transition to put it up.

I tested the route as well a few months ago when I saw Shimo do it. You have to delay both the Astrea and the 5C before the 236B

For reference:

Easy On: :MK:, :NU:, :NL:, :JI:

Nu and Makoto require no timing. Just doing the combo has it connect. It requires no timing on Relius and Plat as well but 5C > 2(1) works on those two without any timing as well. And thats preferred.

Can get with practice on: :MU:, :RG:, :TG:, :TER:, :IZ:, :TS2:, :VA:

Finick/Hard On: :HZ:, :BU:, :AZ:, :LI:, :KO:

Doesn't Work On: :TA:, :HA:, :KA:, :AM:, :AR:, :CA:, :RA:, :BANG:

I tested the route as well a few months ago when I saw Shimo do it. You have to delay both the Astrea and the 5C before the 236B

The characters it works on are dependent on your positioning. The characters I mentioned are the ones that it should always work on from a max range 5B, but if you start from a point blank 5C, it's also possible on smaller characters like Azrael/Valk/Litchi/Hakumen.

It is possible that I missed some in testing, though.

I tested with j.B/C. I tested 5B but I don't remember which ones I did it one, since I didn't test it on everyone. Its possibly easier from 5B starter since you probably omitted the 5C. Which is an immense amount of pushback. It's probably a lot easier without the 5C now that I think about it. With 5C having less pushback in 1.1, the combo will probably be a lot easier.

So I've been trying this combo with different confirms and it is indeed easier using confirms with less push-back.

That said, I don't really like the confirm from the video I linked to (j.B - 2A - 2B) because then the combo does less damage than a typical combo with a typical confirm.

Mid-screen, I usually do j.C - 2B - 5B, and I haven't been able to get it working on anyone with that except Nu and Makoto.

I'm probably still doing something differently though. I'm finding that it's pretty easy to do on Hazama, but hard to do on Noel, which is different than Surf's experience.

Right now I'm trying to time the Valkyrie Astraea for when they're falling after CS Beta, and 5C as they're about to hit the ground. Is that what you all are doing too?

The characters I mentioned are the ones that it should always work on from a max range 5B...

How are you getting this to connect with a max range 5B? If I delay Valkyrie Astraea after a max range 5B, then I'm too far away for 5C to hit.

Right now I'm trying to time the Valkyrie Astraea for when they're falling after CS Beta, and 5C as they're about to hit the ground. Is that what you all are doing too?

How are you getting this to connect with a max range 5B? If I delay Valkyrie Astraea after a max range 5B, then I'm too far away for 5C to hit.

It's kind of hard to explain. If you use a distant confirm, you want to do 236C~6D pretty fast and hit them high up with the 5C around your shoulders as they're passing over you. If you use a close confirm, you have to delay the 6D to avoid bouncing them too far away, and the 5C needs to be delayed to account for the lowered diagonal hitbox on 236B.