Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flubsy

[CP] Izayoi Combo Thread 1.0

Grab>rapid>CT>OD>2C(both)>236C>6D>214B>5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>2C(both)>5B>5C>high jump>j.B>j.C>jump>j.C~D>236236C

It should be around 6.5k damage.

Stolen lmao

Grab>rapid>CT>OD>2C(both)>236C>6D>214B>5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>2C(both)>5B>5C>high jump>j.B>j.C>jump>j.C~D>236236C

It should be around 6.5k damage.

Ok, first off, this isn't exactly a throw combo. It's a CT combo. By RCing the throw into the CT before it fully connects, you actually get the P1 of a throw (100%) with the P2 and hitstun scaling of a CT (100%/normal), so basically it's a CT combo with boosted damage. Pretty cool trick, actually.

Secondly, your notation is off, and you're just theorycrafting part of it. The combo in the video is this:

Throw(2) > RC > CT > 2C > 236C(w)~6D > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 2C > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.B > j.C > j.236C~D

As you can see, this combo only builds 20 heat, which means you cannot follow up with Phorizer.

Here is something you can do instead:

Throw(2) > RC > CT > 2C > 236C~6D > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.B > j.C > j.236C~D - 5652 damage, -57 heat

Throw(2) > RC > 2C > 236C~6D > 2C > OD > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 5C > 2C(1) > j.B > j.C > dj.B > j.C > j.236C~D > 236236C - 5718 damage, -86 heat, OD

As you can see, spending the extra heat & OD doesn't give you much. Also, here are some other options from CT & throw:

CT > 2C > 236C~6D > 2C > OD > 5C > 2C(1) > 236B > 214A > 5C > 2C(1) > j.B > j.C > dj.B > j.C > j.236C~D > 236236C - 5652 damage

Throw > CT > 5C > 236C~6D > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.B > j.C > 236C~D > 236236C - 4681 damage

(GA) 66 > j.C > j.236C > j.214D > j.C > JC > j.B > j.C > j.236C > j.214D > j.C > JC > j.B > j.C > j.236C > j.214D > j.C > JC > j.B > j.C > j.236C > D > 632146C

For Massive Swag

Flubsy & / or SKD, could one of you get these combos (ofc not all of 'em) in the first post please? It'll help all of us, and save us time looking through pages.

Umm Trans-am lets you combo off of 3C (GA) and 6B when you normally wouldn't be able to (except for RC).

I don't know if there are any specific combo pathways for trans-am that are that much different from the standard stuff. I think it's more like a tool that adds unprorated damage to whatever combo you are already doing (in addition to making your pressure better).

Although there is some stuff that won't work in trans-am mode though. For example I do 236C > 6D > 2C > 5B > 5C for my corner combo, but the 5B misses in trans-am.

Flubsy & / or SKD, could one of you get these combos (ofc not all of 'em) in the first post please? It'll help all of us, and save us time looking through pages.
I edited the first post with a bunch of combos from the thread. Tons of these are more or less the same though with only one or two normals or specials different depending on the confirm/stock usage/stock production/damage/Oki.

Thanks to everyone who's stuff I shamelessly ripped for the first post.

I like this double relaunch combo, but the execution on it is pretty strict. Not sure I'll really be using it in a match for a while....

(B Starter) > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > sj.B > delay j.A > j.C > land 5A > 5C > sj.B > delay j.A > j.C > land 5A > 623C > sj.B > jc j.C > j.D - 2991 damage, +4 stock

I edited the first post with a bunch of combos from the thread. Tons of these are more or less the same though with only one or two normals or specials different depending on the confirm/stock usage/stock production/damage/Oki.

Thanks to everyone who's stuff I shamelessly ripped for the first post.

Thank you Flubsy.

I don't think this has been posted yet:

I have been experimenting with 623B/C starters in gain art mode (because almost everyone I play against keeps jumping when I am in gain art mode)

623B > 214D > jC > jC > j236C > j214D > jC > jC > j236C > jD > land > 5C > jBC > jBC > j236C > jD > 236236C (4151 DMG, builds 25 meter, costs 4 stars)

also works with 623C starter

it's a solid combo for an AA starter imo

Edit: it kinda works on any other standard combo but the opponent can tech out after the last 5C

this makes it perfect as a tech trap as you can just do 623B again after he techs (at this time he is in the perfect spot for a 623B)

however if he techs in your direction he will be exactly above you, perfect for 623C

You can do a three star version of that that does slightly less damage. I was going to post it as a variant on TK j.236C starter, but it should (does) work on yours too.

623B > 214D > j.C > j.BC > j.236C > j.D > 5A > 5C > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C > j.D > 236236C (DMG: 3637, Heatgain: 21, Stars: 3)

Doing j.C > j.BC after the first teleport makes the 5A much easier to land without reducing the damage much.

You might be able to get 5C to link after landing, but it's tough. On a counter hit it's easier though.

Edit: Also here are some GA throw combos I came up with

Midscreen: Throw > 214B > 2C > 5C > 2C(1 hit) > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C > j.D > 236236C (DMG: 4116, Heatgain: 24, Stars: 1)

Corner: Throw > 236C > 6D > 2C > 5B > 5C > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C > j.D > 236236C (DMG: 4386, Heatgain: 26, Stars 2)

can you get 6 stock off of 2a??

Edit: Midscreen?

2A > 5B > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 214B > 623B

Can't get this to work any hints. Can do it of other starters

You can try changing the 2b for 2a, but that combo should work as is. Where is it dropping?

The 2nd 236b. I've tried slowing and speeding up the first 236b. I actually landed it 3 times. Just seems too tight! Trying on jin

The 2nd 236b. I've tried slowing and speeding up the first 236b. I actually landed it 3 times. Just seems too tight! Trying on jin

You mean 623B, right? You basically just want to do the whole combo as fast as possible; unlike combos where you put a 5B/5C before the first 623B, they're lower to the ground so you don't need to delay anything.

You mean 623B, right? You basically just want to do the whole combo as fast as possible; unlike combos where you put a 5B/5C before the first 623B, they're lower to the ground so you don't need to delay anything.

Yer I meant DP. I just can't seem to get it. Just have to settle for 4 stars off 2a :(

So I think I found a more consistent variation of the 8-star corner combo which works from all ranges. Basically just add a j.B before going into the j.BAC knockdown:

(Stuff) > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 66 j.B > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 5A > 5C > 623C > 623C

I don't know if it works from long starters like the 2C > 5C > 6C crouch-only stuff, but it works from max and min range 2B > 5C.

Also using a variation of this for 4 stars + GA switch:

(Stuff) > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 66 j.B > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 5A > 5C > sj.B > j.A > jB > jc > j.B > j.C > j.D

So I think I found a more consistent variation of the 8-star corner combo which works from all ranges. Basically just add a j.B before going into the j.BAC knockdown:

(Stuff) > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 66 j.B > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 5A > 5C > 623C > 623C

I don't know if it works from long starters like the 2C > 5C > 6C crouch-only stuff, but it works from max and min range 2B > 5C.

Also using a variation of this for 4 stars + GA switch:

(Stuff) > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 66 j.B > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 5A > 5C > sj.B > j.A > jB > jc > j.B > j.C > j.D

http://youtu.be/0nJrE1TAkBU

relatively sure this does more damage for some reason.

also shhhhhhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3YZ7hsYcM

cmv soon etc

Just summarizing some notes on relaunch information:

Launchers:

2B > 5C - Works on almost the entire cast at most ranges. Requires close range against Taokaka and Rachel. Does not work on Makoto.

2A > 5C - Works on all characters at most ranges. Requires close range against Taokaka and Makoto.

Air Route: (these are generally done from super jumping after a launcher)

j.BAC - Universally applicable. Works midscreen on everyone. Hardest timing. Works at further range than any other route. Only path that has been tested to work on Noel, and is obnoxiously hard on her.

j.BAAC - Slightly easier than j.BAC. Does not work on Makoto, Taokaka. Is prohibitively hard against Rachel (see j.ABAC for her). Hakumen, Valk, Bang, and a few others require no timing.

j.ABAC - Variation of j.BAAC for certain characters. Suggested against Carl and Rachel. Requires minimal timing effort. Also arguably useful for Litchi or other characters if BAAC is dropping, I guess. Not sure why I have Litchi listed as a "maybe" here, but whatever.

j.BABC - Easiest combo path. Only works on Relius, Bullet, Jin, Tsubaki, Platinum, Nu*, and Kokonoe. Requires literally no timing, just do all the hits as fast as possible.

*(Nu requires a 2A > 5C starter to use the j.BABC path)

Enders are straightforward and I don't feel like copy pasting and formatting them right now. Pretty much 5A into blah into 623C > sj.C > j.D oki. :/

I haven't tested all the air paths on Kagura, because I'm too cheap and lazy to unlock him.

Do'h didn't realise you omitted 5b/c when comboing off 2a, need to get home and grind now!