Alt

Accent Core Character and System Frame Data

After I'm done with Axl(which should be today), I'll be taking on another character. Since I have no other favorites outside of Johnny or Axl I'm not exactly averse to suggestions. The only character I refuse to do for now is ABA because I hate the bitch and her framedata is a mess. Edit: I made a handful of mistakes on Johnny. In short: Throw and Airthrow should be Forced Proration. DAA should be "Causes Wallbounce. Ground hit causes 28F untechable time" instead of "Causes 28F Wallbounce" Sorry for the inconvenience.

Another slight change needed for the Baiken data. It doesn't say that 6H is JCable between frames 15~34, it says that the move has upper body invincibility between frames 15~34.

May note? Standing 5P: 80% proration 5K: 4-17F Lower Body Invincible. 4-14F Grab invincible 5H: 13-16F Lower body invincible. Causes staggar on a standing opponent on CH (max. 47 frames) 6P: 1-18F Above the knees invincible . Launches standing opponents. Deals 3 stun damage. 6H: Causes stagger on a standing opponent on CH (max. 47 frames). On air opponents upon CH untechable for 80 frames 6H: (charged): Causes stagger on a standing opponent on CH (max. 47 frames). On air opponents upon CH untechable for 80 frames. (There are some notes I can't understand because the page is distorted. Sorry) 6H: (max. charged): Causes stagger on a standing opponent on CH (max. 47 frames). On air opponents upon CH untechable for 80 frames. Hitstun is 29 frames on crouching opponents (tested on Sol) 5D: ? Dead Angle: 1-21F Invincible 22-37F grab invincible. Causes wallbounce on hit (28 f. untechable) 50% proration. Crouching 2P: 80% proration 2K 7-10F low stance 80% proration. 2H: Causes sweep on standing opponents. CH launches and vaccuums opponent (52 F untechable) 3K: 5-7F and 29-40F low stance. 8-28F invincible except low. Sweeps opponents. FRC point on 29-30F. Jumping j.H: Launches air opponents (untechable 28 frames). CH on standing opponents causes launch. j.D: Launches opponents (21 frames untechable). Deals 1.75 stun damage. On 29th frame from recovery able to normal cancel. j.2H: On guard, level 4 attack. Grab: Downs opponent. 50% proration. Air Grab: Downs opponent. 50% proration. Special Na~nte ne: Launches opponent (untechable 30 f.) Will post more later. Now make me May mod!

Akira:

Ky notes:

As Teyah noted, clearly Ky is now Ky Kyske :D.

6K: floats -> plummets. Or whatever terminology you choose. Just think of it having the same effect as those moves that push the opponent straight down. (Slayer j. D, etc.)

6HS: Check this one, but I'm fairly certain that it's saying, on block, does 22 frames of block stun. Since 6HS is listed as a lvl 5 move, but is actually lvl 6, they need to account for it doing more blockstun than usual. If you look at the other lvl 6 moves, like Potemkin's 6HS, it's handled the same way.

Dust: Remove the stagger note, got copied over from 5HS.

2HS: Trade with air hits should be Vaccuums or Vacuum effect (it sucks the opponent in like Pot 2S)

j. D: Landing recovery 11. Is a projectile. Projectile disappears immediately if Ky gets hit. I also suspect it's until frame 16, that is, before frame 16 that Ky is in CH state, not after.

For the specials, note that Ky hasn't changed much at all from Slash. Most of the Slash notes still apply. Also a lot of the data is simple stuff, invincibility and effects. You don't have to complete the notes, but if you're up to it, fill in whatever you do know.

Shinquickman:

6P: Does 3 stun -> 3x stun or Dizzy multiplier x 3.0 (just a choice of wording thing).

Charged 6P: 1-11 above the knees invincibility. On ground hit, blowback and downs. On air hit, blowback. Prorates 90%. Attack startup of 9F after releasing the button. Charging changes the startup, blockstun, and dizzy multiplier. (See table below).

6HS: Missing note is Attack startup of 9F after releasing button.

D: Holding down the button past frame 15 turns it into Nante nee (fake dust).

j.D: Just a stylistic thing, but I'd change "From 29th of recovery" to "29 frames after initating move" or something. It's 29 frames from when the move starts. 5 frames of landing recovery.

Other than these minor changes, bravo! You nailed most of it, great work.

thanks to all who helped.

:yaaay:

Bit of a double post, but I felt this was important enough.

G. Blood, Teyah, RedBeard, etc.:

In all the notes I've translated so far, please change the "untechable after slide" or "untechable after down" to "On air hit, untechable for X frames". This was a result of the AC mook using different kanji from the Slash page, but after cross referencing several moves, Millia's air pin, Johnny's Jackhound, and especially May's j. HS, I have confidence that "On air hit, untechable for" is correct. We'll just have to note that hitting a sliding opponent counts as an air hit.

So apologies to anyone who I've led astray so far. Affected pages would Millia, Johnny, Baiken, etc.

Makes sense I guess but they worded it horribly in the mook...ugh.

Akira:

Ky notes:

As Teyah noted, clearly Ky is now Ky Kyske :D.

6K: floats -> plummets. Or whatever terminology you choose. Just think of it having the same effect as those moves that push the opponent straight down. (Slayer j. D, etc.)

I thought of something like Sol's j.D, that the opponent goes far + knockdown.

6HS: Check this one, but I'm fairly certain that it's saying, on block, does 22 frames of block stun. Since 6HS is listed as a lvl 5 move, but is actually lvl 6, they need to account for it doing more blockstun than usual. If you look at the other lvl 6 moves, like Potemkin's 6HS, it's handled the same way.

I'll check this. Thanks

2HS: Trade with air hits should be Vaccuums or Vacuum effect (it sucks the opponent in like Pot 2S)

Didn't know that o.o

I'll put the Rising Javelin's note =]

PS: how do you guys romanize the Ky's FB? ("sutan reizu")

Bit of a double post, but I felt this was important enough.

G. Blood, Teyah, RedBeard, etc.:

In all the notes I've translated so far, please change the "untechable after slide" or "untechable after down" to "On air hit, untechable for X frames". This was a result of the AC mook using different kanji from the Slash page, but after cross referencing several moves, Millia's air pin, Johnny's Jackhound, and especially May's j. HS, I have confidence that "On air hit, untechable for" is correct. We'll just have to note that hitting a sliding opponent counts as an air hit.

So apologies to anyone who I've led astray so far. Affected pages would Millia, Johnny, Baiken, etc.

I had a feeling that was the case when I was translating :kitty: The other way doesn't really make sense.

Quick note: I'm fairly sure that 'Stun Raise' is the correct English name. GB - Do you think the AC character portraits would be more suitable to use on the select screen/profiles? Just noted that's how Akira had done it on his Ky page, and it does seem more appropriate. Anyway let me know, I wouldn't mind cropping the rest of the char portraits to fit the 72 x 72 boxes.

OKAY well, looks like I've got some work to do after taking a break for the weekend. :x

Teyah - Yes, if you can get me the AC portraits cropped and named I'll put them up there.

Ky Stuff

Quick note, the 'specials' table doesn't alternate colors between moves, the 'notes' row is always white and the rest of the info is the default color. Also I am not the author of your page, I meant for that tab to mean 'the guy who filled in the HTML'.

Also, you can trim down some of your stuff ... 'on air: 236S' can just be j.236S for example. For 'H during Vapor Thrust', you can just do ' - HS' because it is following up the previous move (make sure to note that in the notes of the move).

I'm noticing different people are writing things slightly differently. We'll have to eventually standardize all of this.

- Should we 'list' notes for normals like Akira has done? It makes the cells longer, but more readable.

- Should we have a specific order for notes, or simply go in the same order as they were in the mook? I mean something like, always go in the order: Proration, FRC timing, other timings, invincibility, hit effects, anything else.

- Should we go with 'H' or 'HS' for the Heavy Slash button?

I personally suggest 'HS' for Heavy just because it is more standard... it's what the mook and Arc both use.

I have hijacked the first post of the thread to keep track of work being done. If you've done or started work on a translation (or know who has), let me know so I can keep the first post updated.

Long way to go still. :/

It dawns on me now that the 'Tension' column is not needed because the TG column is always - for anything that uses Tension. I can just reuse that one. TIME TO FIX SOME HTML.

Edit: Teyah realized this with Millia and I guess either didn't mention it or I totally skipped where he did. Either way, good on him for not being dumb like me.

UHG, well Johnny is finished and uploaded. All pages have been updated and reuploaded.

Please use "H" instead of "HS" for heavy. I have no idea why "HS" is the standard, as it can get awfully confusing to write, whereas there is absolutely no way to confuse a lone "H". Some examples of possible confusion: Eddie: [PHS] -> hold P+H+S? hold P+H only? Eddie: 22[HS] [PKS] -> Drill FRC, or impossible motion? Millia: j.HS Pin -> j.HS, Pin? j.H, S Pin? j.214H (HS Pin)? Anyone: 6+PHS -> Option select throw, or random Roman Cancel? Anyone: 6+HS -> Option select throw, or 6H? I could probably come up with tons of other examples, but my time would be better spent getting to work on some of this stuff. I think you get the idea anyhow - one letter per button is the way to go. Also, GCC used "H" for heavy, and I don't think anybody complained about it back then.

1. PHS would never mean P+HS+S because S always comes before HS in a list. That would be written as PSH if they meant it like that. 2. It's pretty obvious it means 22 Heavy Slash as you stated it's impossble to do otherwise. Also same as #1, S always comes before H. 3. It wouldn't be written like that anyway. It would be written as j.214HS or HS.Pin in the case of just the pin, or j.HS S.Pin or j.HS 214S. You could be confusing with just 'H' in the same way, such as K S H DC, for Venom. 4+5. Same as #1, S always comes before HS. I am not disagreeing that 'H' is better than using 'HS', but people have been using 'HS' forever and there really isn't a problem with it. The only time there is a problem either way is when people are lazy when writing things out. I will certainly agree that 'HS' is easier to mess up with, but I don't see how that is a problem here.

Believe me, in long Millia aircombos it's very easy to get confused as to what combo is being listed when the other guy is using different notation than you. Particularly when all of her enders use similar commands with the same two buttons. To me, HS just looks sloppy. Why choose to give one button a second letter, particularly when that second letter is already being used? For naming purposes, I wouldn't mind (ie. "HS Vapour Thrust"), but it doesn't seem to have a place in the technical lingo.

I agree with Teyah, granted it probably won't be a big issue if we were to use HS instead of H, but let's keep it simple and go with H so there's no way to confuse things. Also, by using H instead if HS, all the normal attack buttons would be one capital letter, thus making it more consistent.

Johnny looks great. After looking over the whole thing, only minor changes need to be made. "Hitting an opponent during Slide effect causes __F Float Effect" should be changed to "Midair hit causes __F Float Effect" in the Jackhound notes. Jackhound's input is 214D. Mist Stance Jackhound is 214D when in Mist Stance. Mist Stance Dash Jackhound is 66214D when in Mist Stance. Killer Joker Transport is 421S. Killer Joker is S. Killer Joker(Air) is 214S. That's all of it then Johnny is done.

Just in case if anybody is translating I-No's stats into HTML, I have posted a complete and detailed change of I-No's stats in the I-No section. All you need is to copy & paste the changes. For the rest of unchanged data, you can copy & paste from Poscrub's slash english mook: http://web.uvic.ca/~shoro/

I'm pretty much done translating the Dizzy frame data for normal moves, but I began working on it before I saw the notation you use on you tables, so I'm a little confused over the "G" in the "Cancellable" column, I think it means "gatling", but as far as I'm aware there's only Self (i.e. jabbable), Special, Jump, Roman and False Roman. Also, I found under dizzys f.S it says "hitstop 6" ( ヒットストップ6) anyone care to fill me in on what that means? edit: It also says "hitstop 5" on her sickle moves

Hitstop is the same thing as Hitpause, which is the pause effect that happens when someone is hit or blocks. That's important for a lot of reasons... it gives you extra input/buffer time, and for projectiles it makes them get much better frame advantage than physical hits. The 'G' is wrong, it should be 'C' for 'special cancel' (originally I thought it meant Gatling). I'll update the first post with Cola and Nehle's work. I think we'll switch to 'H' for heavy, as it is pretty much foolproof. I'll make those changes tomorrow. BTW, if anyone wants to do any of the 'translated but needs to be put into html' jobs just let me know. We have May and Dizzy to do.

BTW, I don't remember who asked but... Kezuri=To shave/To Chip etc. IE, Dizzy's Imperial Ray(1.5x), Venom's Dark Angel(2x), Anji's Butterfly(2x), and Axl's Byakuerenshou(2x) have different Chip damage modifiers.

Baiken missing information- Specials' names from top to bottom Tatami Gaeshi, Air Tatami Gaeshi, Youshijin, Mawarikomi, Sakura, Muraren, Suzuran, Youzansen Kabari motion is 63214HS, Testsuzansen is S at the end of Kabari motion. Baku motions are: Guard + 412D, Baku + P, Baku + K, Baku + S Name of IK is Garyou Tensei, command should say during IK mode.

Explain the Baku input for me... do you do 412+P+D and then follow up with any of P/K/S/H/D ?

Johnny looks great.

That's all of it then Johnny is done.

I also need to know the input for Return Jack, and if it uses Tension or not.

I've gone ahead and change HS > H and G > C in the cancels. Baiken was missing a lot of C's too so I filled em in.

Just in case if anybody is translating I-No's stats into HTML, I have posted a complete and detailed change of I-No's stats in the I-No section. All you need is to copy & paste the changes. For the rest of unchanged data, you can copy & paste from Poscrub's slash english mook: http://web.uvic.ca/~shoro/

Unfortunately, Poscrub's work is using a very old layout and used Word so it probably won't be useful to copy>paste from. Thanks for the translation though, I should be able to assemble the whole thing from there. :roboky:

Any update on Ky? Dizzy?

Dizzy is coming along fine. I had to ask a friend of mine about some kanji I was unsure of - I'll probably have it done later tonight.

The bad news is that I first started it as an Excel document (mimicing the layout of the mook) so exporting it to HTML creates a veritable clusterfuck of broken tags and bad syntax. I COULD convert it to the layout provided by Gwyrgyn, but that's such a hazzle right now. Whoever does want to convert it, should I give you an HTML or XLS file?

Edit: It's also fun to just flip through the book to look at weird data - it's retarded how many chars got invulnerability on the entire length of their backstep now:

Sol, Ky, May, Millia, Eddie, Potemkin, Chipp, Johnny, Faust, Baiken, Axl, Anji, Jam

Edit 2:

The entire table, it might come in handy

Char        Length  Inv
Sol           16     16
Ky            16     16
May           13     13
Millia        11     11
Eddie         16     16
Pot           21     21
Chipp         21     21
Faust         13     13
Baiken        16     16
Anji          13     13
Johnny        11     11
Axl           16     16
Jam           16     16
Venom         13      7
Testa         16      9
Dizzy         16      9
Slayer        28     19
I-No          16     11
Zappa         11     10
Bridget       15      8
Robo-Ky       14     10
Order-Sol     16      8
ABA           17      8
ABA(Mo)       16      8
ABA(Super)    20      8

I also need to know the input for Return Jack, and if it uses Tension or not.

Return Jack is 236D during Jackhound. It uses an additional 25% tension on top of using Jackhound(So 50% total for both the Jackhound and Return Jack).