Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang vs Valkenhayn

CPE 

I preface this by saying Huey and DLZ have infinitely more knowledge of this matchup than me. Boom.

Wolf meter seems near limitless in my experience so there's no real merit to trying to get him to waste it. When he is in wolf form, run away a lot, use low to the ground A nails and j.B max spacing if possible to stay as far away from that unholy wolf 5B as possible. If you're lucky when you actually get hit the wolf meter will be low enough that you'll only have to block two or so unreactable mixups and the damage of his combo won't be that high. D nails are useful in this matchup if you are feeling overwhelmed, can usually get you in if you're smart about it. If he is in butler form Bang's normals can contest his quite well so feel free to go crazy with 5B/2B approaches. If you ever get him knocked down go crazy as he has no meterless reversal. If he does have meter be mindful of that option. The more degenerate Valks will probably go for it a lot. Also stagger pressure can be particularly strong vs Valk as his mash normals are a bit slower than average.

Once you're cornered watch out for the 6C overhead. That's the/one of the starters he's going to be really looking for.

Also be aware that you can tech his wolf throw in this version.

Matchup 6-4 in Valk's favor at worst