Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang Combo Discussion and Posting Thread

Who'd you do this combo on? Just trying it out and the 5B > 5C doesn't catch on the characters I used. I imagine it's character specific?

I actually found a better combo so just forget about that and do this!

3Cfc>2B>923B>5B>5C>CT>2B>5B>JC>J22A>J2C>J236A>5A>5B>SJA>JB>JC>J236C>Ashura (if you add up poison damage it's about 7k)

3Cfc>2B>923B>5B>5C>CT>2B>5B>JC>J22A>J2C>J236A>5A>5B>SJA>JB>JC>J236C>Ashura (if you add up poison damage it's about 7k)

Alright. Thanks!

Geez, this is a lot more technical. Also, I tried the other one and the 5B>5C didn't seem like it would connect, like, ever. Or is the timing just really strict

Geez, this is a lot more technical. Also, I tried the other one and the 5B>5C didn't seem like it would connect, like, ever. Or is the timing just really strict

It's just that the 2B > 5B puts most characters (if not all) too high for the 5C.

It's just that the 2B > 5B puts most characters (if not all) too high for the 5C.

The who does it work on? Cause I've tried it on Jin, Azreal and Tager

The who does it work on? Cause I've tried it on Jin, Azreal and Tager

Yeah you'd just have to test it on the cast, see who it works on. I haven't done that myself.

I think the extra damage from the new combo is worth the difficulty. It's like a free DD ender piled in basically lol.

I think the extra damage from the new combo is worth the difficulty. It's like a free DD ender piled in basically lol.

I agree, plus, there are some pretty useful combo...."phrases" in there that would be very useful in other combos. I would love to learn it.

Also, I assume this builds it's own meter?

How much? Also, I'm going to test the 2B>5B>5C on all characters and report back, just in case anyone is interested. Either for doing that combo or inventing new ones with that passage in it.

I don't remember exactly how much but it builds enough so that most of the time you'd be able to ashura in the end. As for the 5b 5c thing on fatal, it's a distance thing, not a char thing. If you just do 3Cfc>2B>6B>dash>2b you should be able to do it on everyone, it's just not optimal in that way. Also you can do 5Cfc>CT>5B>2B>6C>J623B>5B>5C too.

Are you sure it's a distance thing? Cause I'm trying this strictly in the corner and I've only gotten it to work on Relius so far. Or am I just bad at super-mini dashing?

Just being in the corner isn't enough, you need to be as close as possible to get 5Cs hitbox hit them at the 18 frame mark. (which is when his hand is directly above his head)

I just picked up Bang... Having some problems with his air-dash combos... Can anyone recommend simple b&bs from his starters such 5A or 5B or 5C or 3C fatal or 623B fatal... Also combos for his D moves... when I get 2D, sometimes it just hits and sometimes it counter hits... Are there simple staple b&bs for his D starters too?

I just picked up Bang... Having some problems with his air-dash combos... Can anyone recommend simple b&bs from his starters such 5A or 5B or 5C or 3C fatal or 623B fatal... Also combos for his D moves... when I get 2D, sometimes it just hits and sometimes it counter hits... Are there simple staple b&bs for his D starters too?

Simple combo from 2A,5A, or 5B: 5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>5A>5B>jump>j.A>j.B>j.C>jump>j.B>j.2C

Tried to find the most ressource friendly/stabil 3cfc 4 seals combo in corner:

3Cfc>2B>5B>923B>5B>5C>6D>623B>2B>5D>6C>j.D>tkCnail>2D>j.C>j.2C does w/o Seals active 4,7k, gains 33 meter only 1 nail req.

Tried to find the most ressource friendly/stabil 3cfc 4 seals combo in corner:

3Cfc>2B>5B>923B>5B>5C>6D>623B>2B>5D>6C>j.D>tkCnail>2D>j.C>j.2C does w/o Seals active 4,7k, gains 33 meter only 1 nail req.

Nice one... Seems easy enough...

@ ReynTime180 - That's in his trials... Than one I know...but doesn't work on crouchers... For crouchers the combo that I'm doing so far mid-screen is 5A, 5B, 2B, 2C, 623B

@ ReynTime180 - That's in his trials... Than one I know...but doesn't work on crouchers... For crouchers the combo that I'm doing so far mid-screen is 5A, 5B, 2B, 2C, 623B

Didn't know how far you were, I was only getting started :P As for crouches, that's about as far as you're going to get unless you want to spend meter

For crouchers I much prefer to do Stuff > 5D. Gets you that seal and you have a plethora of mix-up options afterwards. Just my 2 cents.

Nice one... Seems easy enough...

Ok so couple of things to keep in mind generally.

-Bang gets way better standing damage than crouching damage.

-Crouching damage is decent but only when really really near the corner or when meter is available.

-Bang now relies more on using poison nails mid-combo to deal damage. Poison adds up 800 damage over time so the goal of a lot of combos is to run out the duration of the poison mid-combo. Basically, any combo you see that poisons your foe and then runs it out, it did 800 more than it says it did, which is basically a free DD added in for nothing. Points being, you really wanna go the poison nail route whenever possible.

-Ds generally are not good as combo starters unless they're counter-hits

-623B isn't a fatal

Now, all that being out of the way as a general basics thing, I'll address your more specific concerns.

2D is the best of the Ds for normal hit confirms but it's still not a good one. You can do a jD after it but you need to confirm it perfectly and it is height-dependant, meaning if you hit someone who was already airborn they'll be too high for the jD to hit them, meaning you can't do tht all the time. This leads us to what you generally can do all the time, which isn't special or good but is something. You can do 2D>JB>JC>IAD>JC>J2C>5A>5B>JA>JB>JC>JC>J2C for a little combo and some corner carry. If you can't IAD then just do whatever into j2C.

You see, another big thing with Bang is, you always always always want to end in oki. Never do midscreen 623b/j623B unless you're gonna rapid it or it's gonna kill. For crouching combos it's better to do bumper after 2C or to just do 5D if you lack the seal than to do midscreen 623B. The little bit of extra damage isn't worth losing out the pressure and mixup options which is what Bang wants to be able to do all the time.

As for simple non-airdash combos, here's the easiest 5k in yoru life. It's not good and it throws away a lot of damage but you can do it for now till you get used to the good stuff:

5B>2B>6C>J22A>JC>J623B>5B>623B>5C>6D>Daifunka

Now, you can get 6k from a standing 5B in the corner, but for now I guess 5k is good enough :P.