Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet vs. Amane

From my experience with this matchup thusfar, it's hell on wheels. Bullet seems faced with several ever present lose-lose scenarios:

-She can't catch Amane unless she builds heat because she is not fast enough to follow him, but she can't build heat unless she catches Amane

-She can build Afterburner fullscreen after Amane whiffs a normal (otherwise you can't build use it at all because he can tag you with a C normal), but he can respond by getting to lvl3 drill.

-Bullet's best anti-airs are beaten by many of his air normals, and he has many good tricks in the air to avoid them, but you can't use the air game either, because his 6A and j.B have far superior hitboxes.

I can't really figure out my gameplan here. I've had the most success going straight into OD at the start of the match, and either trying to get under him with a 6B, or doing dash-jump j.Cs in hopes of tagging him. Afterburner is absolutely not an option because he can punish it with a j.B or C normal from virtually any range for a large combo. For the most part you can keep him pinned if you managed to get in, but his jump arc is huge and I've had issues following him when he chickenblocks (while I can just drop other characters when they try), especially when I haven't built heat yet. And I'm not typically easy to upset when it comes to fg's, but I feel like dropping my controller when he gets level 3 drill because he can just lead any blocked attack into a drill for chip damage or otherwise that essentially does more damage than most character's combos do in 1 blocked attack. Barrier is obviously the option there, but that lasts for only 2-3 good drills before that option is entirely nixed. And for icing on the cake, he can set up drills after Counter Assault and Burst when/if I finally get in.

So yeah, if any of you guys played this matchup yet, Help me out here D:

EDIT: Amane media dump from the Bullet vid thread (thx SoWL!) in backwards order. I can't upload my own gameplay, so I'll be trying to analyze these in leiu of.

Collapsed: Vs. Amane Videos:

BBCP 10/19/2013 Nisshi Nippori 2on2 Part 1/4 [Meri]

BBCP 10/19/2013 Nisshi Nippori 2on2 Part 3/4 [CLASE]

BBCP 10/6/2013 Urban Square Teams Part 4/7 [Reimondo]

BBCP 10/6/2013 Urban Square Teams Part 4/7 [Reimondo]

BBCP 8/31/2013 Amipara Technoland Tournament Part 2/5

a-cho BBCP ランダム2on2大会(2013.7.21) [Hisui]

BBCP 6/3/2013 Athena Nipponbashi 2on2 Part 2/6 [ikasumi]

BBCP 6/17/2013 Athena Nipponbashi 3on3 Part 5/7 [Futaba Clover]

BBCP 6/16/2013 Urban Square B Stream Part 1/5 [Fujiharu]

BBCP 5/11/2013 Nisshi Nippori 3on3 Part 2/7 [ui-do]

2/4/13 BBCP Mikado Ranbat Random 2on2 Part 8 of 8 [Kouan 7 / Shinokawa]

1/12/13 BBCP Nakamurabashi Casuals Part 10 of 10? [Matsunaga Tsubame]

BBCP 12/26/2012 Game Chariot - Keita (Bullet) VS Shadow (Amane) [Keita]

BBCP 12/21/2012 Akibahara Leisureland Ranbat Part 1/2 [Mekasue]

12/21/12 BBCP Spica Oomiya Minami Part 2 of 3 [bloodRayne]

BBCP 12/19/2012 Game Chariot Ranbat Part 2/2 [Kobayashi]

12/5/12 BBCP Gamechariot Ranbat Pickups [Keita]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_9mGOmQSw [Tada no Bambi]

I layed an amane last night and here is what I got from it.

-full screen his normals won't reach I would use stay out of his range and do afterburner level one and use flint shooter to keep at bay while staying out of his normals range. I would often stay grounded when it came to approaching him because he would stop my air approaches with 6a or 6c. Once I got a knockdown it was easy staying in since amane doesn't have much of a wake up game but once he burst I had to stay back and wait for the right time to use afterburner and dash in. His mix up game is weak simce he has low mobility and he has no overhead so it's mainly going to be 5b 5d pressure which chips a lot!! Use barrier or a blowback if you're cornered and he is doing this block string so it can create some breathing room. if you get knock down and he starts to do hariken and 6d it's not true oki he has to yomi the hariken pretty hard for it to be effective and even if he guesses right you can backdash hariken drill.

It's a little hard to get Lock On Levels in this match. Amane's to mobile to close on and use Lock On Manually, but his long range attacks aren't projectiles, so it's a little harder to simply just use Afterburner to heat yourself up.

Using afterburn is usually risk since he can strike his C moves. I have sometimes hard time to get close until I manage to land 6b into air combo with j.d finisher.