Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core: Game Play/Stategy

is there a good way to see when testament uses that overhead. It comes out fast and it looks like he is doing a low attack.

No there is no good way in seeing it coming consistently. Its too quick. It all around is one of the best overheads in the game. You just have to guess right.

is there a good way to see when testament uses that overhead. It comes out fast and it looks like he is doing a low attack.

yeah like zoogs said you really have to guess correctly and make sure yo know when it's coming out

most of the time teste is gonna try and hide it behind a web or a tree so really it's a big guessing game

also remeber this move doesn't naturally combo from any previous attack so trying to grab or jump can be an option to aviod this good overhead

also remeber this move doesn't naturally combo from any previous attack so trying to grab or jump can be an option to aviod this good overhead

exactly ! wat he said, i think generally if you look at testament himself wen he is doing that overhead you would be able to react properly like sure its a good overhead but it still takes a couple of frames to do.

There are good tips but kind-of sounds like it should be in The Matchups Section. In general, what can Faust do to get out of pressure? Not just the safe but the risky stuff too? Because Faust's DAA is abit weak but other than that, 1F Jumps and 5P, I don't know if he has any way out of pressure (and I don't think 1F Jumps really take you out of pressure.....).

I don;t know if this was obvious but faust's 214D hits Testa over beast.

I don;t know if this was obvious but faust's 214D hits Testa over beast.

It matters how meaty(close) it is to you, shit will trade if you're trying to do it on reversal. 214d is a funny move.:psyduck:

In general, what can Faust do to get out of pressure? Not just the safe but the risky stuff too? Because Faust's DAA is abit weak but other than that, 1F Jumps and 5P, I don't know if he has any way out of pressure (and I don't think 1F Jumps really take you out of pressure.....).

You can overdrive for your life XDDDD

236236S is really quick to get /o/

OK, getting serious... you can FD, try your luck with 5D, and.... backstep.

Yes, there's almost anything you can do to get out of pressure, like shoryuken-like moves u.u(HOS' Tyrrant Rave is neat XD)

yeah like what nerdjosh said i wouldn't rely on that to battle against fwd exe beast j 2k is wayyyyyyyyyy better but 214D is good against 2hs and getting out of back exe beast by p-gaurding the last hit before exe beast

I seen some matches where 214D really shined against testment. It's really weird move indeed.

OK OK so I got that information but it still hasn't answered my block string/ mix up question. Now i know 2k is an option and fdc k is an option but what do you guys usually do to mix it up. I know sometimes I can do 2k into 5p into 6hs and it catches people. Does anybody use the jump cancel part of 2k? if I run in and do c.S into S into HS if it connects i do pogo if it doesn't connect then i usually either hand slap or run and f.S into 2k or item or maybe 2HS into the pogo spear grab (forgot what it was called). What do you guys usually do when you get people in the corner (don't worry it doesn't have to be character specific)

really Faust isn't designed to be block string mix-up character... he has a few: fdc k taunt 2p and other trickery but realistically you need to be spacing your opponent and zone..... you need to become a WALL just watch some jap vids and you will see what faust pressure consists of pressure with Faust if it's going to be in the corner it's most def Far Slash and 2HS in conjuction with items and sometimes pogo

I guess I play Faust weird then but he has 2 Lows (2P, 2D) and 1 Overhead (DC K) and Mettakiri. It seems like he has mix-up to bring to the table. Although Faultless Defense is bad.... Could you explain why going for Blockstring Mix-Up isn't a good idea? I agree with the Items and Pogo. And not to forget that Pogo Stance has reduced Item Throw time :) But j.HS and Items with Bomb Bags at Mid-Range is a really strong way to zone.

WARNING! Dangerously approaching theory fighter territory. Post deletion eminent. That is all.

WARNING!

Dangerously approaching theory fighter territory. Post deletion eminent.

That is all.

I love you. No homo.

Sorry.

Why would you taunt after DC K? I've seen it in videos too and didn't understand it then either.

It's a taunt but you have to input respect+6. This one can be canceled. It's not great or anything, but if you want to utilize EVERYTHING that Faust has, it's pretty interesting.

It's a taunt but you have to input respect+6. This one can be canceled. It's not great or anything, but if you want to utilize EVERYTHING that Faust has, it's pretty interesting.

I've seen it been used a couple of times by R.F and guess what? He catches people with either 5P or 2S everytime. Using this trick sometimes can often land you a free B&B combo.

Got some sweet shit today Baldhead fans :eng101: 2 mix-ups: one involving fdc kick and the other has to do with a difficult frc #1) im sure some of you have seen this 1st one im about to mention 2k(j) fdc jk -> B&b knockdown or air combo this can only be done if the first hit of the 2k is landed either hit or blocked *only characters this can't be done on if there crouching are the following: (for some reason the 1st hit of 2k whiffs completly:I: ) Johnny May Bridget *now this list is for those who it will hit them only if they are crouch blocking on wakeup(you can't just run up and do it has to be wakeup:eng101: ): Teste Slayer Chipp Aba Jam I-no Sol/Hos Millia this is a sweet ass mix-up because people wanna block low for 2k but then !!BAM!! fdc jk in ya face.... :keke: #2) When?: On wakeup or as a way to induce pressure How?: 6HS - 214S - Frc(1st one) - 2d -> B&B combo(air/knockdown) Why?: Hrmm, well put it this way your enemy his just happy on the fact that he blocked that 6HS... the much safer route would be to cancel into item..... but going under that blanket puts them into guessing game mode. They are waiting for you to come from above, behind them or in front...... but instead your staying were you are and then going low:keke: and if they are a smart player they should just by habit be blocking high. Why is this? because if by any chance your coming from above then they are safe. no blanket attacks lead into lows unless you make it that way. that's what 214k(frc) into 2D works all the time...they BLOCK HIGH so please reap the benefits :I: :I:

omg i was practicing both those two the other day! although i was using the 214s frc as a way to continue pressure, like just using it in the middle of a block string can mess people up

Congratz on your new mod status Senkei and thanks for the cool moves!

thank you sir!:china:

I have a question for all you Faust players: what do you do when a bomb comes out? I really want to use bombs to my advantage but I usually end up getting out of the way while my opponent does the same so nothing really gets accomplished.

For me it depends on the match up and the situation: - if you're too far from the opponent and the bomb, stay there or try 214+S, or even rush him - if you're close, probably starting a pressure or throwing him =] If you feel you can, pogo pressure FTW /o/ But if your is Slayer, stay in the defensive o.o

FDC > Land > 2P/5D IB/SB Go for the 2P the first three times, and if they have a habit of trying to hit you, use the 5D, most time they'll whiff, and you get a free Dust combo. Edit: Don't go for the FDC K, 2j.k combos unless you are in the middle of the screen, and they are between you and the bomb. ___F___O_________B______ That situation is good. ___F___B_________O______ or _________F_____O_______B usually means you'll start up a combo and get hit by the bomb, or you won't actually use the bomb in your standard combo.

I have a question for all you Faust players: what do you do when a bomb comes out? I really want to use bombs to my advantage but I usually end up getting out of the way while my opponent does the same so nothing really gets accomplished.

Bombs force people to jump so there are a few things you can do. They will usually super jump if they are right in the middle of the bomb radius so u can try and run up and tag them with a sj hs. If u get them in a block string while a bomb is there you can super jump bomb bag so that after the bomb hitsthe bomb bag keeps them in block stun. You can go for mettakiri or regular throw if the opponent just sits there before the bomb goes off, or my favorite is waiting for them to jump them attempting an airthrow which is much harder than it seems but its actually what alot of good players are trying to do to you as well.

Or u can just slashback the bomb...

Sign in to follow this