Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core: Game Play/Stategy

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this question or if it's been answered in a guide. I can't seem to find it. When doing 236236S, is there a way to determine what you get out of the chests?

Sooo everytime i try to do j.K xx j.2K the j.K never goes into the drill...is there something special i need to do in order for it to connect with each other?

Is Faust's FRC window on the P and K versions of his teleport useful? I seem to get them consistently, but I find myself getting jabbed out of the set up frequently. Is the 25% meter worth a free mix-up?

I suppose I answered a bit in the other thread, but the answer is... sometimes :P It's usually pretty gimmicky, but if you don't use it often it can catch people off on a bad foot while being relatively safe. Good in conjunction with some items, but I wouldn't rely on it. If you use it raw it will run into the same sorta problem regular door mixups do, implying if they can jump forward and block it will nix most of the options.

1- Is there a old thread or post that contains some shenanigans (is that the correct word ??) for each item especially the bomb

and what are you suggest to do after the coin (with it new active frames buff ) and the Hand Weight ??

2- When i can find 214D so useful..( vs characters..or with certain items)??

Edited by Lynxfort

I will go over how to use those items once I get the +R threads going but for 214D it has many uses.... For one it almost goes instantly airborn so it helps Faust crush really low profile moves(most characters 2d's) and it can act as a solid form of mixup when your pressure is consistent.

**Character Specific** It also really limits Po's options when he tries to pressure you on wake-up since it beats his 5k, 6k and 6HS which are all usually great wake-up pressure options for Potemkin.

It def one of the harder confirms to do in Faust's arsenal. You basically have to execute the fdc j.k - j2k perfectly in speed and height. You can buffer in the dash right before you land to help you out.

This it mostly useful so you can get a 5p confirm into a knockdown air combo(close range). Defure used it in this case because he got a far hitconfirm so he dashed up to make sure the 5p-2d comboed.

From what I have been seeing recently is that(Kiisha and Nage at least..) have just been finishing the combo after 2D instead of going for the dash-up air knockdown combo. Its really up to you if you wanna use it or not but I value guaranteed knockdown over a harder combo and a little bit extra damage.

It def one of the harder confirms to do in Faust's arsenal. You basically have to execute the fdc j.k - j2k perfectly in speed and height. You can buffer in the dash right before you land to help you out.

This it mostly useful so you can get a 5p confirm into a knockdown air combo(close range). Defure used it in this case because he got a far hitconfirm so he dashed up to make sure the 5p-2d comboed.

From what I have been seeing recently is that(Kiisha and Nage at least..) have just been finishing the combo after 2D instead of going for the dash-up air knockdown combo. Its really up to you if you wanna use it or not but I value guaranteed knockdown over a harder combo and a little bit extra damage.

Also just wanna note that run up 5P after the FDC j.K > (JC) j.2K is now easier, because 5P has one less frame of startup in AC+R. I accidentally started up AC the other day instead of +R and couldn't do the run up 5P for the life of me until I realized my mistake!

Good morning everyone, I need your help with Faust in GGXXAC+. I am a pretty new GG player even if I am a "old" Blazblue player, since CS1, lol. I wanted to ask what are the best jump attacks of this weird and lovely character. I have to say I am understanding him now that I read some of your guides. But his jump attacks seem odd to me, they are different to most of other chars and it is difficult even impossible to combo after jump attacks even his divekick (except on CH). I really need to learn this character while waiting for the new version I am pretty hype about. thank you.

No meter:

drill cancel j.K > 5P 2D [2S j.K j.D] only works on crouchers, air string only possible if 2S connects after 2D. The same combo is possible after a deep j.D (when are you ever going to hit anybody with this) and j.2K, again on crouchers.

25% tension:

j.K/j.2K/j.D xx j.236D ~P, ~S, ~H

Regarding Faust's jump normals: you'll notice that j.K j.S and j.H share a common motif: range. j.K is probably one of the furthest-reaching jump-ins in the game, j.S's hitbox is literally exactly what it looks like, j.H is maybe the best air poke in the game.

Advice to you: get good at drill cancelling now if you want to make use of jump-ins and have an overhead that isn't garbage (your other options being 6H, 5D, or pogo P).

Drill cancel mini-guide, I guess. So first of all, that move you called his "divekick" is generally colloquially called "drill kick" or just "drill." The move is unique in that it stops Faust's vertical ascent entirely (unless it's a homing jump). Another neat trick in Guilty Gear: you can cancel the first however many frames of any normal into Faultless Defense. This is known as Faultless Defense Cancel or FDC for short. Combine the concepts and you get Drill Cancel which is used to refer to FDC'd j.2K. Input-wise you do j.1K, then as you press your K button you plink into S or P while still holding K in order to get the FD effect. If you do it right, Faust should look like he's bouncing off an invisible ceiling, and your momentum should be backwards and down. Once you've got this down, try doing the same thing but releasing both buttons as soon as you get the FD effect, then pressing K once you've got your stick (or pad, in which case I weep for you) back at neutral. It's a pretty fast hand motion, and it will take lots of time and practice to get used to, but the pay-off is worth it.

@AMB Bakery, thank you so much. I tried that FDC is it like a air tech? (like in BB when you recover in the air, a green light appears). I think I did it, but you are right, I need some times before doing it correctly. The timing is pretty strict though. I use a stick actually!

About Anti Airs? is 2S an anti air? is 6P a good anti air? Is 2H a good poke on neutral game? what are his best options against pressure, since he doesn't have a DP? His 214P/K/S are used to surprise people?

His jH is just too good, OMG, you can use it and do the drill w/o even double jump or air dash. BTW, he has a lot of jump cancellable normals, I love it. Please share your techs with me. Thanks!

Edited by FatalCounter

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3417-Learn-Faust-in-1-minute%21-%28If-you-are-new-Come-Here-First%21%21%21%29

Refer to this for most of those questions. You don't necessarily have a "The Anti-Air Button" but you have many good anti-airs to implement against different angles of approach. If one doesn't work, you usually have one that does instead. And his 6p has above-the-knees invincibility for all but 1 frame of it's start up, so it's a good choice for many things. 2H is a strong poke against ground approaches, but has almost no hitbox above the ground and has a long whiff recovery, so it is vulnerable to air approaches if you aren't careful with it. Similarly, his f.S covers good ground range but can be slid under rather easily, and will whiff completely against many character's 6p for a counter hit.

214P/K/S however, really only have nominal use. They are all very slow on startup and easily blocked/responded to with fairly easy OS's. 214K~D adds some new function to it, but you can only use it after the cross up one, so it's a bit on the predictable side at times too. you can FRC them as the door is coming out, but even that doesn't add too much use to them. If the opponent is blocking because of an item, you may be able to catch them, but you are usually just better off using more conventional means of mixup. Will catch and/or frustrate many new players, but be careful not to fall on bad habits.

I'll try to explain something weird that happened to me.. and maybe get some feedback !

I was playing some matches on my friends house the other day and I realized my TV has some frame delay. Once i got used to my friends TV i started comboing much better.. the thing was:

Usually when I try to drill cancel in my TV, i pull it off and ground combo without the need to run up for the 5p, now in this other("better") TV, I cant connect the 5p because i need to do the run up...

I never had to do it on my other TV and the explanation I could come up with is that I usually do the j2k with a little delay after the forward jump cancel(thanks to my delayed TV)... and that means that i get a little closer in the air, so when I land I dont need to do the run up for the 5p.

Now.. in this other delay-less TV i do it really close to the ground, cancel the moves really fast.. but always end up far from the other character !!

Has anyone had similar problems?? =/

Well it is virtually impossible for it to be a tv thing, rest assured. I suspect one of 3 things:

Trying the combo on a different character then you are used to; I have a hell of a time doing j.2k overhead combos on Millia for example because she's so tiny on the ground, while a character like pot and sol are really easy.

Altering the timing on some moves mal-adjusting your perception of the combo. Perhaps it isn't quite as low to the ground as you think?

Also you have probably checked this, but are they crouching? it's alot harder to connect if they are standing.

EDIT: Anyway, I would just try to practice the combo with the run forward 5p. you don't always need it, but most of the time it improves the positioning for the rest of the combo, namely the 2S later in the air combo will whiff if you aren't close enough.

Edited by Mr.Minionman

Thanks, Ill try to do it with other the characters(i always train with Ky cos its the one who's highlighted on the selection screen) and post again.

I always train on a crouching character cos I'm assuming oki setups. I'll keep practicing on both TV's and your suggestions and see what happens !

PD: I'll wait for the #R for the run up combo, its supposed to be easier =P

Low profile characters when trying the fdc j.k into j2k can be difficult but you can actually just skip the j2k completely land and go into 5p. Its not as easy to hit confirm but you wont have to worry about the j2k whiffing...

I'll try again with without the j2k... One thing thou, I noticed going for the air combo is really easy against anji because of his hitbox, but landing the 2S after the 2D for chipp, eddie and testament is much more difficult.

Hey fellas, just got the new patch... is anyone still playing around? I'm working JD>J236Dxn.. does anybody have some insight on the repetitions or anything related?

I've been playing +R Faust for awhile since the patch hit Japanese PSN.

What are you looking for exactly? There's a lot of variations and uses for Faust's FB Pogo since it now ignores/remove OTG status, and with back pogo slam having double the untechable time, you can do some interesting stuff if you cross up with the 9D follow up while on the pogo.

e.g. j.2K > j.236D, (land), 9D, 66, 7*, S, H. 50% tension, Good combo for switching sides to say put your opponent in the corner.

*at this point you are now facing the other direction, so you hope forward one step so that you can hit them with the ground flower to lift them up into going my way.

You can also use j.236D as a pickup now by tiger kneeing it (2369D) after doing a standard pogo combo in the corner too. Or as an easier follow up after scalpel pull, bat > FB TNT explosion followup for a pickup.

I should probably ask to get a wiki account to update the Dustloop Wiki for Faust sometime so I can add in some of the combos options he has. There are quite a bit now in +R!

Hey guys, I have a pretty nice Google doc of streamlined information regarding Faust for anybody looking to learn him. Big shoutout to the user Will-o-Fortune for making this doc for me to share with you guys. I don't know if it'll all apply to Xrd, but some of it should.

~Enjoy!!!

edit: had to remove it

Sign in to follow this