Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet vs. Tager

Man, it's always difficult to fight Tager as a new character, especially when both of you prefer to fight on the same range. I'll have to get used to abusing 5B and 2B, though it feels like it's still not enough to keep Tager away (Drive doesn't reach him, Flint Shooter gets eaten by Sledge, Afterburner gives him time to charge Spark Bolt). And Bullet's defense sucks even more against Gadget Finger: even if you do a Cutting Shear, Tager can just throw a 5A and block after it passes through your invul frames.

One thing that seems useful to me in this matchup is making use of the blowback effect on her followups midscreen, and using that to Afterburner back to Heat 2. I can't say I'm not paranoid about pressuring this guy for any extended period of time, so playing the neutral game with the large drive ring seems to be effective. You can react and absorb spark bolt if they are being predictable enough with it, though maybe you are just better off jumping it, because it'll still apply the magnetized effect.

I've been keeping distance against tager's and employing dash forward B moves for spacing, which seems to work, and 3C actually goes under several of his normals.

EDIT: Rising j.C j.D seems to work well on him in pressure too.

but I have yet to fight a good tager, though, so I have yet to know true fear. I'm pretty free when it comes to veteran stick twirlers. I need to compile a list of his main mixup gimmicks sometime later.

Can't spark volt be shot upward now? Jumping it is still risk. 5B, 2B, 5c, flint shooter and miquelet capture are gonna be the go to's it seems. Pressuring him too much can get you tager buster'd so keep you strings short and as safe as possible (avoiding using 6a and 2c a lot). In the air you can beat him if you have H2 j.d, j.b, j.c and snaphance but be mindful since he has a air tager buster now though I'm not sure if it has the same number of uses as his ground version.