Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet self-improvement and user video thread

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUS-ekqg9s#t=04m30s

Vs Azrael and Kokonoe. Enjoy the video or feel free to critique, supporting the bigger cause of Bullet and her Brigade.

hmmmm, you let that Kokonoe teleport out of your Oki pressure for free a lot in that match at the end. Consider, doing 2A > React to whether they teleported or not for a while. If they teleport, punish. If they don't, keep going with pressure. This will make them more cautious about teleporting and once they're cautious about teleporting, you can start mixing in going for your other oki setups.

For Mudo

I don't think I need to tell you about confirms since you know a good chunk of them. If there's any tools that you really need to apply it's that you'll need to sacrifice heat in order to gain heat. With a rush down character like Izayoi you'll need your space or improve your neutral game to the point you gain enough heat for counter-assaults or specific heat gaining combos. Knowing that Bullet is in heat state 1 you're already in a fearful state and raised the leverage on your end increasing your drive range. You applied jD very well as a punishment tool to cover range when Bullet ground game is slightly poor and all of them were well placed, sure you're temporarily exposed but your low profile jumps to cancellations were very smart.

I'd be careful how often I throw out 6C or 3C, 3C just have a very long recovery so you'll need the heat to rapid off of it, the low profile is not enough since she has to roll three times before the frames are active and that's enough time for your opponent to defend or punish you on recovery. 6C will obviously be placed after 5C on block or fatal so you have to consider your opponent options when doing it, I think all of your 6C after 5C was punished for stock. Get a little frame advantage with charging 5C and you may luck out with a fatal but if you don't they're in enough hit stun for you to go into any other pressure afterwards.

You burst way too soon too, if your defense was slightly improved you could sacrifice some HP just to hold that burst for an OD or burst in general for later in the match. Properly throw out her DP or go for a counter-assault when overwhelmed, Bullet has some very good juggle options so turning the match in your favor won't be that hard.

Another important note- Bullet is not your rush down character, she's a punishment character overall. Capitalize on your opponent mistakes and go ham with juggles and man-handling your opponent all over the screen, you're going to be defending quite a lot in most match-ups so that requires a strong neutral game and commitments to confirms. Take on the lighter load of her combos such as the few that will automatically build you one stock or losing one just to gain one again.

TRM or blockstring set-ups? Hmm, TRM is a difficult one with Bullet but block-strings. I mentioned it earlier back in the general thread; 6A, jC, 236[A], and 5[C] I believe it was. Talk in the general thread or contact me on Skype and I'll share more types (pms are fine too).

http://youtu.be/heIWfpwanhI

So I've been playing Bullet for about a month. Probably not the best choice to main in this game, but it's so fun dunking people. These are a bunch of my more successful matches from randomly lurking online.

I feel like I don't really have much of a chance with this character though vs. really good players. It's just so hard to survive when they abuse her poor neutral game, and I'm not that great at neutral to begin with. And when I do get pressure started, they can just barrier and kill most of my options. :vbang:

For maso

Truth be told it is an uphill match when comes to playing Bullet because her approach is far too basic for her own good. We sometimes can't help playing challenging matches when it comes to a character that we really enjoy, well she's more of a sub character for me instead of main. There's going to be plenty of fights that are outside of our hand but as long as we play a little bit more focused things will come easily and Bullet is all about rewarding for smart reads and confirms.

Watching your Bullet reminds me slightly of my own but you'll have to work on the neutral. Your defense is kind of okay but you have to be more on point with it and start IB more just to reward yourself on the maximum damage and punish on bad moves. The way you spend heat is questionable at times but enough to make up for it on different routes, I suggest learning the jC route on some of your rapids, command dash, and 22C. Overall smooth performance with minor twerks here and there. Tone down the 3C, I'm amazed you weren't punished for most of them because I probably wreck you on them, apply 4D cancellation more so you don't burn out a stock so recklessly, if you're feeling daring do a 6D or 2D because that immediate 5D is just for momentum, you don't hold it long enough to get the plus frames out of them. Also consider adding 5[C] to get some fatals and plus frames, they'll come in handy for meaty combos or mashers.

As I mentioned before, just minor twerks and you should be golden.

ps- Tech purple throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dewo0gTQ0U&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w

Some of my Bullet in action after like a 3 week break since P4U2 release, not as rusty as I thought I was. Feel free to critique but I have a general idea where I need to work at so feel free to enjoy the video. I really did plan to jump cancel the burst but I think the game wouldn't permit it...was I holding onto 50 heat?

wauhti

Well I went through the first 30 minutes of your video and plan to finish the rest later on in the day but I admit that you show much promise in your performance, you're aware of your tools and take the proper risks in order to get them to connect I almost think you're on par with me or possibly better since some amusing confirms compared to my own. The good is that most of your approach don't seem wasted and you know all of the probable confirms and go for the kill when necessary.

The bad is that your use of a raw 3C for a CH pick-up, any strong opponent would've countered you before the start-up came out and that's a crouching confirm for anyone against you so that's a promise 3k+ for most of the cast so you might want to tone that down. Are you aware of 5B being jump cancellable on block? It will pay off in your mix-up for a high low approach or baiting the opponent next attack. My last qualm is your use of heat (rapid combos) because you kept going for this pink grab set-up in the corner and I'm amused this Tager player is not reacting properly to tech it, you gotten away with it too many times for your own good but if it works it works, there's also times you apply an unnecessary rapid for heat build when that meter could be applied for baiting a burst or a finisher but to each their own at this point.

Optional- You can land plenty of things and work well but have you considered learning OD combos? The easier ones are like 6C FC OD or 5D~D (lvl2) OD <----this one is a wall stick corner only.

Thanks for advices. I'm aware that 5B is jump cancelable on block and I should use it more (been played Makoto and Platinum which don't have 5b jc). Now I'm having slight bad habit of 6C on block and fullscreen 3c's. I'm can do OD combos from any starter also but I haven't played so much Tagers so I haven't used so much OD in combos. I usually use like 5c/5[c] ch -> 6c, jc. od, snaphance into rest of combos usually for punish combos if they gonna kill. I think I need to revisit 5D~D OD route once again.

Also I have abused slightly pink grab reset in corners than usually. Mostly I use rapid for get extra heat or for damage. I'm certain that my best main is Bullet so far since I have spent almost all of time for her. Platinum and Makoto feels quite lacking atm for me since I can't get their stuff work sameway than i do as Bullet. Thanks once again for some tips, going taking them.

I strongly disagree with Sadeyo :p

I watched the first 20 minutes of your set, and what I get from it is that I can't tell if your are good, bad or what are your mistakes. I can't really tell any advice with this set, because the Tager you are fighting against is so bad. Like really bad.

He is eating everything you are throwing at him, because his zonning and his defense are lower than anything. And a good Tager is defined by these two things.

So, of course, when he is pressuring you, you are more or less shitting your pants, it's rather normal, you are facing Tager, you have to think of something to get out of there, and sometimes you chose well, sometimes you don't. It's the mind game part and it's hard to just say to someone "see, there you shouldn't have try to jump out because he didn't go for a 360". This isn't going to help you.

And when you are pressuring him, he is... well it seems to me that he is shitting his pants too. But he is in front of Bullet. Bullet's mix up are not that great so he shouldn't be throwing so much random stuff. He is mixing between 360 and 2C every time he gets the chance.

There is nearly no neutral game in these matchs. And the neutral game is the most important thing in BB

Between Bullet and Tager, the neutral is a bit tricky, because they both lack the tools to get in range of the other. Bullet's 623C is just horrible for Tager, because he doesn't have much air control, so he can't dodge it when he jumps.

But it's not easy for Bullet to get in aswell for two obvious reason :

-Shorter Range

-Why the fuck do you want to get close to Tager ? Oh right, you HAVE to, you are Bullet.

So, I don't think there are many interesting matches in this set, because, in short :

- This Tager doesn't know the match up

- It's obviously very laggy (purple throw for the win and scramble / blue beat everywhere)

- You are winning... so it's hard to tell you "Well this was not a good idea -Yeah but it worked, didn't it ? -Well.. yeah..."

Some little stuff I can tell :

- Going for 3C 41236C full screen isn't a very safe option, you can go for 3C and easily confirm it with 623B, or even distortion. Test it in training, you'll see you have plenty of time (and 3C 623B RC can lead to 5K combo)

- Purple throw RC reset... well, it's fun to get the round online and laugh a bit with your friend, but offline it should be used sparingly. Can catch someone offguard of course, especially if you have 100%

-Find a better Tager, there are some in EU :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-woLaVLKrDQ

I don't know how many months I took a break on this game but here's some 1.1 footage after that time. It's understandable my performance is kind of in the mediocre but if I can find time I can get some higher level play going later on in the future. This Relius match-up was so much fun and it's something I'll have to do some research on, if it holds any relevance in 2.0.

critique or enjoy the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGaMQ7t6kL8&feature=youtu.be

Some recent Bullet and well the rust is still noticeable but hopefully someone can't get something out of this. Critique or enjoy the show. The option is still in the air whether I continue her or not in 2.0 so making sure my fingers are not extremely rusty, this is my first time back in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H6c1KvoVxM#t=03m50s

two fights is not enough to download an opponent of this caliber. Matches with Mac will need to be repeated in the future. Enjoy the video or feel free to critique but know this isn't even my final form.

I think your single biggest issue in those fights with Mac was that you did nothing about his late teching. He was able to use that almost every time and not worry about your oki.

Day 1 vs Tager/Ragna. Still improvement needed for confirms but overall felt good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATCztKXZh-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKyrkiw_ss

Long time no see folks. Decided to fool around with the new Bullet after avoiding this game for a little bit (was lost in another game). I don't think I did half bad and I kind of want to keep this area of the forums active. Not sure if I'll make Bullet a main like I did in 1.0/1.1 but she's a member of the team so expect to see more of her in the future.

ps-I guess I'll make it a tweet about main and subs.

Sadeyo, I'm noticing that you always do 3c 42136c. On zero heat you should definitely do 3c 5d 42136c for the heat level. You did a bit of j.a mashing, which is definitely not good. You tend to telegraph when you're respecting his dp really heavily. You probably already know this, but 3c doesn't connect to capture's heat level two followup without either a ch or overdrive. I saw a bit of wake up 2a mashing without him really having done anything that would be punishable with it. You seem to have the same issue I do with overrelying on air movement in neutral. This notably loses you a round at 8:43, when he was jumping around and getting away with it only to anti air you when you tried to jump back instead of just using 6b (or maybe snapchance). Make sure you remember to follow up 5d with at least 623b, because otherwise the damage blows.

At about 9:00 you try to jump back and mash a, which works, but you should've just anti air'd Hume since he was jumping too. I'm noticing that you're starting your rounds of very with very risky moves, like the taunt. But also the jump forward and snapchance attempts when he hadn't really established a pattern that would lead you to believe you could punish him somehow. I'm pretty sure that after you put him in blockstun with j.c 5a is a better followup than 2a unless he specifically is crouching and mashing 2a himself because there's no gap afaik and it opens up more pressure opportunities. This is something I'll have to lab but I'm pretty sure 236[a] is the best followup to fatal counter 5c because even if the burst they do it after taking at least almost 4k damage off of two heat with FC 5c > 236[a] > capture plus followup in the corner. Burst should hit at or after 6c. I respect the astral attempt but it's really easy to combo into with the capture wallstick route instead of using it in neutral.

You should learn Bullet's new corner combos for keeping two heat and more damage, and you should learn to reposition your opponent with the command grab/followup stuff she can do. Additionally, height is a lot more important for her combos than it used to be, so know when you can combo off of snap chancing them into the corner and when you need to start setting up oki is pretty big.

If they block 3c you can follow up with 236a or 5d. If they're pushing buttons it'll catch them. If you're gonna do the rc after the last hit of a match thing, make sure the hit actually kills.

Truth be told I knew this performance was kind of on the bad end not knowing the new Bullet kit or how any of her combos work, believe me on day 1 I attempted so much 1.1 stuff and most of it being removed was a huge turn off in the character. I really don't know her kit, this was just going off of pure instinct of the character and what few videos I did see of her. I wasn't aware of 5D working after 3C, I never really did it in other versions so it never crossed my mind now. Of course Bullet is going to jump a lot, she has no momentum out of heat and her kit is so elementary stronger characters can really condition her with ease, I'm fully aware of her flaws .

The astral attempt was a slip of the hand, it was supposed to be the command grab super (was on pad). The taunt was also a slip of the hand (the second one wasn't). I do appreciate the advice and thanks for watching it and will apply this tech in my next video, I really do want to learn her double heat combos or what rapid combos are necessary to learn. I do enjoy high risk high reward, it's how I use my characters but with my idea of the character so far I guess it's best to stick with the basics before going all fancy.

You're TX as well? I don't think I've seen you at the arcades or Austin (if you do visit).

Her heat level two dash is actually quite good, and if they're in the air and you're on the ground you can do some pretty great cross under stuff. If you're in the air you really can't do much and Bullet's air options kind of blow. RC isn't really important for maintaining heat like it used to be. I've found myself with a lot more meter, which I'm honestly not sure what to spend on. Maybe more guard cancels.

Yeah, I'm pretty much netplay only. I've been thinking of going to ultra arcade, but I wasn't really sure if there were enough anime players to justify it. Can't really go to Austin much.

I streamed a couple of sets yesterday.

1st set has a couple of matches vs Carl and the rest are Taokaka - http://www.twitch.tv/vladislav_paizis/v/17109805?t=3m10s

2nd set has 1 match vs Makoto and the rest are either Platinum or Bullet mirrors - http://www.twitch.tv/vladislav_paizis/v/17119895?t=4m33s

I have trouble staying calm during matches and reacting properly to overheads (Including BULLET's overhead. orz) and throws; dealing with blockstrings, where I just usually try to mash out, but I'm either too far away or my counterpoke gets traded; anti-airing characters who are always in the air. Any constructive criticism will be appreciated. 

NOTE: I usually save my replays. If Twitch takes down my videos, then I can record the matches I lost separately & upload to Youtube.

Starting with the first round versus Carl, I can really see the I-no in your gameplay. Unfortunately, I-no has some very useful ranged tools that Bullet doesn't have that lets I-no jump in on her opponent fairly safely. With Bullet, every jump in should come with barrier blocking while in the air to make it safe. When the opponent is trying to play less offensively and slowly back you into the corner, flint shooter or heating up is a pretty good response. If you throw in a flint shooter occasionally, it'll chip at his doll and eventually a Carl with try to do her full screen punch, which separates him from her and gives you room to maneuver. Assuming you block or dodge it. Along with jumping in, mix in dashing 2b/6b and dash 3c to you approach.

A big thing, I saw you overdrive at midscreen, possibly for heat. Definitely not a strong option, though it might be in CF. 6c is not an incredibly strong neutral tool unless you're using it to call something out. Usually it's more of a pressure tool, cancelled from 5c.

I saw a lot of hits without confirm in that first game, and I think you should work on that. Bullet is a bit like Ramlethal in that her oki is the strongest part of her game, so consistently ending with a knockdown is pretty big. Otherwise you return to her gimped neutral.

I'm noticing that you autopilot 3c 5d. Confirming a blocked 3c into 236a lets you continue or return to neutral, following it with 5d with no heat means you have to block.

Figuring out how your opponent responds to 5c and 5[c] is pretty important. This Carl disrespected your 5c 5d cancel in the second game, so doing 5c 6c or 5c 2c for the fatal counter or counter hit would almost certainly force a burst and teach him to fear you a bit.

When you're trying to escape from pressure, 2c is usually more beneficial than 3c. Both cancel into 236[a] on CH, and 2c will usually hit faster. 236a after a successful knockdown is not a particularly strong option. The 2a 4ab OS is safer and the 236[a] is much more damaging.

When you flint shooter I noticed that a lot of the time the Carl was able to jump in on you. 6b is a pretty fantastic anti air with a lot of invuln, so try to catch a jump in if they're overzealous.

You started a round with dash 623c, with is actually an incredibly bad option. If they're backing up they'll be out of range, if they're jumping forward you cross under them and put yourself out of range. 623c is mainly going to be used for side switching in combos and for calling out your opponent when they jump too much. 623c at the start of the round is much more acceptable.

Corner combos are really important. Know your capture corner two heat combos especially. I'm also noticing that your 6c isn't timed for the 6c safe jump, which you should learn.

Unless you're going to kill with the capture > 236d > super ender, just capture and then connect with 5a 6b j.c j.d 623b for two heat. Without heat level two it doesn't really do much damage anyway.

When in pressure after 6c, j.c should be your followup unless they disrespect you. I wouldn't j.d unless I checked that they were disrespecting first.

Gonna stop here for now, might check more of the vid later.